Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WORKING THE WORKSHOP  (Read 4887 times)

FJL

Re: WORKING THE WORKSHOP
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2019, 11:37:33 AM »

It always amazed me how the professor on "Gilligan's island" could create amazing things like a working sound system so they could put this Hamlet-Carmen show on, but never used that ability to invent a boat or canoe or a sturdy raft off the island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKMOClN9ITg

Too bad Lucy Ricardo wasn't on the island.  They could have used her for a coat check. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2019, 12:53:10 PM »

Lucy Ricardo would have them all off that island before you could say Don Loper!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »

One of my favorite actors, Bruno Ganz, has died. He was in several wonderful movies, including The Marquise of O, Bread and Tulips, The American Friend and Wings of Desire. His performance as Hitler in Downfall was amazing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »

Three unrescued dogs on today's euthanasia list and time is running out. Thanks to Facebook, I feel completely hamstrung.  Whoever thought stating thew truth about Sarah Huckabee Sanders violated their shitty community standards?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »

Three unrescued dogs on today's euthanasia list and time is running out. Thanks to Facebook, I feel completely hamstrung.  Whoever thought stating thew truth about Sarah Huckabee Sanders violated their shitty community standards?

When is your get out of jail date?

John G.

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2019, 01:37:20 PM »

I have 14 or 15 more days.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2019, 01:52:25 PM »

The Brooklyn shelter has murdered two:
one-year old husky puppy named Ecko; he was brought to the Brooklyn ACC by the police as an owner surrender on Feb. 10.  The ACC decided to kill him on Feb. 14 for behavioral concerns: a scared, frightened puppy  in a terrifying place acting in self-defense and in need of a good trainer.  You can tell no one at the ACC cared if he lived or died: only one intake photo of a whale-eyed frightened baby and no videos.

seven-year old Nia; small dog, only 39 pounds, condemned for behavioral concerns, no matter how many positive comments and videos she got from the volunteers.  She entered the Brooklyn slaughterhouse on Feb. 7, and was condemned to death one week later, Feb. 14.  She is adorable in her videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv_wey-OfDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNjyeuQjvzw
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:09:18 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »

I just checked.  I think it's March 3.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2019, 02:00:03 PM »

This was written by Alan Hill:
Dear Mom and Dad,

I died today. You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left. My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge .

Would I still be at home if I hadn't chewed your shoe? I didn't know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys.

Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door.

Would I still be at home if I hadn't brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn't get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days.

Would I still be at home if I hadn't barked? I was only saying, "I'm scared, I'm lonely, I'm here, I'm here! I want to be your best friend."

Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didn't make me learn how.

Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach manners to me? You didn't pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me.

I died today.
Love, Your Puppy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:04:55 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2019, 03:20:50 PM »

This day has been hell.  Yesterday morning an adorable 4- to 6-month old puppy, Daisy, was taken to the Brooklyn ACC.  Hours later, the ACC put out an emergency request for help.  Daisy was suffering from a prolapsed vagina and uterus, the result of some asshole's attempt to breed her with a large dog 2-3 weeks ago.  The damage was caused when the dog pulled out and took her interior with him.  Then, the "breeder," who deserves euthanasia for this cruelty, dumped her as damaged goods rather than seek emergency treatment and this poor pup was left for weeks on the streets of Brooklyn with over half of her uterus hanging out.  I cannot even imagine the pain she was in.  I also cannot believe the Brooklyn shelter waited hours to request help for her.

Well, a group called Wizard of Paws rescued Daisy from the Brooklyn ACC for emergency surgery last night, and she died today.  She was emaciated, and the vet estimated she hadn't eaten for a week.  There were too many infections.  This breaks my heart.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:41:13 PM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »

Back from a fun but lightly attended workshop - six people in all, but that gave me more time to work specifics and I'd forgotten we had to end early at 12:30.  Then it was Barone's for some pizza.

John G.

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »

Need some of those vibes. Dad’s blood sugar is crazy high, and Mom’s blood pressure is, too
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »

It’s been a stressful week. My best friend from college lost his father, a wonderful man, this week.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »

Need some of those vibes. Dad’s blood sugar is crazy high, and Mom’s blood pressure is, too

VIBES FOR STABLE BLOOD SUGAR AND BLOOD PRESSURE!

Coping vibes for you!

Jane

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2019, 03:53:06 PM »

My condolences to your college friend on the loss of his parents.

John G.

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »

My sister Annaliese has taken both parents to a clinic, but I don't know if it's for Mom or both.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2019, 04:00:21 PM »

Listening to the Broadway recording of Frozen. This may be the only time I listen to it. Decent singers, average to below-average material. I'll happily let it go.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2019, 04:04:18 PM »

I did get my roses trimmed today. Temperatures were pleasant. The fig tree is producing leaves on the old branches, instead of coming up solely from the roots. I think it's time to get some plants in the ground. But the temperatures are still dipping into the low 40s next week at night.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »

Got the blurb for the back cover of the new book.  I'll include it in the notes and then you'll know the title.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »

It's a fun blurb.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:17 PM »

I liked it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:23 PM »

A lot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:32 PM »

Page four?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »

Anyone for page five?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:52 PM »

Anyone still wear a hat?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2019, 04:14:07 PM »

I'll watch a motion picture at some point soon.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »

My sister Annaliese has taken both parents to a clinic, but I don't know if it's for Mom or both.

You are very lucky your sister is close and can do this.  I hope both your mother and father went to the clinic.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2019, 04:18:41 PM »

Got the blurb for the back cover of the new book.  I'll include it in the notes and then you'll know the title.

Yay.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2019, 04:19:02 PM »

Anyone still wear a hat?

Almost every day ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up