Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHIP CRACK AWAY  (Read 17886 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WHIP CRACK AWAY
« on: July 13, 2005, 12:03:49 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've cracked the notes, you've whipped the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently whipping themselves into a crack-induced frenzy.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 12:07:35 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WHIP CRACK AWAY
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 12:08:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: OLLAPODRIDA!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 12:11:55 AM »

In keeping with the whipping good notes BK, What is your favourite:
Western Movie score
Song from a Western
Theme or Song from a TV Western.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 12:14:57 AM »

Was Olla Podria the Swedish girl in The Producers?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 12:19:30 AM »

In keeping with the whipping good notes BK, What is your favourite:
Western Movie score
Song from a Western
Theme or Song from a TV Western.

Favorite western score - so many greats, so I don't know if I can limit it to just one.  My favorites:

Once Upon a Time in the West
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Magnificent Seven
The Big Country
One Eyed Jacks

But there are so many more I love, like High Noon, Shane, The Searchers, Ride the High Country, The Wild Bunch and on and on.

Song: High Noon - I really do love it, especially as performed by Tex Ritter in the film.

TV song or theme - I'm rather fond of Duning's The Big Valley, and I love Bernard Herrmann's original theme for Have Gun, Will Travel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 12:20:43 AM »

Mac users: When I was in the Apple store the other day, I noticed a "dictionary" icon in the doc.  I went home and tried to find said dictionary under "Applications" so I could drag it into the doc, but could not find such a thing.  Does anyone know the deal with the dictionary?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 01:01:08 AM »

I don't have any questions...yet.  And I've been thinking, but nothing's coming (almost a West Side Story reference)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 01:03:18 AM »

And I'm sorry, but I can't help you with your Mac question. :-\ I've never owned one, but I've heard that once you've had Mac, you never go back. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 03:35:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have a long day ahead of me with the recording project:  I'm back to our old stomping grounds, BK, Manhattan Beach Studio on West 37th to listen to a lot of takes from 2001.  Before that, more DARLING OF THE DAY work.

I do have a question for BK:  are there any cast albums Kritzerland might be interested in bringing out on CD?  Some of the unreleased albums I'd like to obtain are ALL IN LOVE, MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF, Sony's SONG OF NORWAY and MERRY WIDOW with John Reardon, those EP Victor excerpts from the late 40s-early 50s with Felix Knight and Doretta Morrow, the London cast of CAMELOT with Laurence Harvey, etc.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 04:45:39 AM »

May you have a darling of a day DR Elmore.
Just finished watching "The Chorus" - lovely.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 04:48:01 AM »

Pleasant dreams DR Hisaka. Good night from Australia.
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 05:19:42 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have a long day ahead of me with the recording project:  I'm back to our old stomping grounds, BK, Manhattan Beach Studio on West 37th to listen to a lot of takes from 2001.  Before that, more DARLING OF THE DAY work.

I do have a question for BK:  are there any cast albums Kritzerland might be interested in bringing out on CD?  Some of the unreleased albums I'd like to obtain are ALL IN LOVE, MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF, Sony's SONG OF NORWAY and MERRY WIDOW with John Reardon, those EP Victor excerpts from the late 40s-early 50s with Felix Knight and Doretta Morrow, the London cast of CAMELOT with Laurence Harvey, etc.

Maybe add the stufio of Rose Marie with Julie Andrews that I always thought was a good recording and maybe one of the top 3 recordings.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 05:22:26 AM »

Since A & M records is going to re-release their Baja Marimba Band releases, What are the chances that you might re-release the one you recorded on Bay Cities?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 05:24:18 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 05:27:17 AM »

Good Morning!

Lots of stuff to do today.  Lots of stuff!  Including running a few errands before heading downtown for auditions later this morning.  In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 05:28:30 AM »

BK - I believe the Dictionary is part of the new Mac Tiger OS X.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 05:30:48 AM »

I shall post a question or two from the audition hall... once I think of one or two...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 05:35:34 AM »

Pleasant dreams DR Hisaka. Good night from Australia.

Thank you, DR TOMOVOZ.
Sleep tight and Good night from Tokyo.

Kerry

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 05:38:21 AM »

I thought Olla Podria was engaged to Rudolph Valentino at the time of his death.
I like boat races.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 05:38:39 AM »

DR BEN; Thank you for the link. I learned about naming hurricanes much with KIDS and very enjoyed it. I’ll keep the name lists.

DR JANE; And I learned more and it’s a very interesting story, of course, which I’ve never known , thank you.

DR JMK;  “HIMMICANE” ;D

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 05:40:24 AM »

DR CILLALIZ; What a turtle cheesecake at Rebos looks like?  Why TURTLE… ???

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 05:41:32 AM »

Good morning, everyone!
Have a beautiful day!

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 05:42:57 AM »

I also like the theme from "Big Valley," although I have great difficulty hearing it without going into a  Miss Barbara Stanwyck impression.

"Rawhide" is terribly catchy-- whether you like it or not.  I loved "The Lemon Sisters"  when Carol Kane sang it while whipping around the microphone cord.  A classic.

It's hard to beat "Blazing Saddles" for a theme- it sounds more real than the genuine stuff.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 05:47:26 AM »

...It's hard to beat "Blazing Saddles" for a theme- it sounds more real than the genuine stuff.

Same can be said of the theme for The Wild Wild West, with it's harmonica and snare.  (That's for the TV series; I never bothered to find out what they did for the film.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2005, 06:10:38 AM »

I've found the perfect way to get more hours in at work: ask for them!

It took a few weeks for the computers at the home office to kick in, what with all the temp workers for the summer (of which I am one).  Only problem was, the computer only scheduled me for three days work (eightteen hours, six hours per day).  So I let the managers know that I'd like to be kept on call for the other days.

Sure enough, I got a call Monday night asking if I could come in Tuesday, for the five to eleven shift.  (This was after der B picked me up after work to help him with dog pictures - more later).  Sure, I told them, I'd work.  I just rearranged my plans on feeding der Brucer from dinner to a large lunch.

And last night, during my shift, they asked me to come in Friday as well!  So that brings me back to my thirty hours.

As for the dog pictures, we had two shoots on Monday.  One was at the SPCA, of a white bulldog we dubbed "Nathan."  Sure, he was big, but he was all puppy, happy and squirming and full of facewashings and wanting his belly rubbed.  The other was a retriever being fostered by a woman with two other dogs and a toddling daughter.  The retriever had been left behind by her family when they moved south.

When der B picked me up at work last night, he told me both dogs have already been adopted!  Those pictures work!

Thursday (my next day off, until later notice) we're transporting another dog northwards, to another rescue organization.  Busy busy busy.

Being E&T is not the same as wussburgering.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2005, 06:12:54 AM »

Today is both National Ice Cream Day and National French Fries Day.

But you don't have to eat them together if you don't want to.   :P ::)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 06:16:50 AM »

OLLAPODRIDA - isn't that a Western Musical that takes place in Florida?

DR Hisaka - I'm a HUGE fan of the Disney theme parks, have you ever been to Disneyland Tokyo?  If so, what did you think?  Have you been to the ones in the States. if so, how do they compare.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 06:17:15 AM »

Today is also National Gruntled Worker Day!

You didn't know gruntle was a word?  It is!  It means to put in a good mood.  The word is a back-formation from disgruntle.  I'd rather be gruntled than disgruntled any day.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 06:32:48 AM »

I also like the theme from "Big Valley," although I have great difficulty hearing it without going into a  Miss Barbara Stanwyck impression.

This I gotta see.....  ;D

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 06:35:41 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, I believe the irony in Miss Jones' MUSIC MAN pregnancy with Patrick (soon to be touring in JOSEPH...  Again.) is that I have often heard/read stories that during the stage version, Miss Cook was also with child, and Preston told her he would cut the lift during the footbridge scene if she was feeling nausous, or something like that.  So for uptight librarian/spinsters, those Marians got around.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:01:22 AM by Stuart »

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2005, 06:37:28 AM »

Doretta Morrow

Went to my parents' high school, New Utrecht, in Brooklyn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up