Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CONUNDRUM OF THE YAWN  (Read 36427 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE CONUNDRUM OF THE YAWN
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »

Good Morning!

HEY!  I thought I spied a certain DR Kerry!

Where'd he go?
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »

I have also had those dreams of flying ( I would always be making my legs go like I was on an invisible bike and then could just float up above everyone and everything), or of walking and not being able to get anywhere.

Another recurring dream I have is of being in a play and it is opening night and I have not even begun to learn my lines yet.

And one horrible dream I used to have, but haven't had in years, is of being chased by those NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (the 1968 version) zombies...sometimes I am by myself and sometimes with friends or family but always these zombies are out to get me/us and eat us alive.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03:41 AM »

Great cat story, Edisaurus. The dream was timed perfectly to give you comfort.

I know that you can empathize with the situation, Rodz.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2007, 08:04:27 AM »

Mr. Barrett has had work done on his face. click on link to see a slide of his new face.

http://brentbarrett.com/brentsite/galleryframes.html

I think he looks a bit like Eric Roberts

I think this photo is presurgery.

He must have used Davis Gaines' doctor because after his surgery he no longer looked the same either

Brent has a new face! It's better than Davis Gaines' so it has to be a different surgeon. Brent doesn't have that "deer in the headlights" look of Mr Gaines.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2007, 08:04:35 AM »

DR Rodzinski, I love having the wonderful dreams that make me wake up in a very good mood...even if I am sad that it was all a dream.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2007, 08:05:49 AM »

Mr. Barrett has had work done on his face. click on link to see a slide of his new face.

http://brentbarrett.com/brentsite/galleryframes.html

I think he looks a bit like Eric Roberts

He must have used Davis Gaines' doctor because after his surgery he no longer looked the same either

It is.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »

No, no channeling. When I was having those dreams, DR MBarnum wasn't even born yet.

You had them the day before yesterday?

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »

I have had dreams of flying around in some sort of parachute/flying contraption. That was exhilarating.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2007, 08:07:18 AM »

I meant to mention this yesterday. Next week, the first season of PSYCH comes out on DVD, but they're asking an ungodly amount for 13 episodes. Even discounted, it's almost $40. Compare that to the superb THE CLOSER which had four discs of episodes and I got it for less than $30 discounted.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2007, 08:09:41 AM »

Reminders for those interested:

THE STARTER WIFE has another episode tonight, and STUDIO 60 has its penultimate episode.

Michael

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »

TOD

When I was a kid I would have a recurring dream once a year. It would be the same except I would have a "special guest star" Like Roger Moore as The Saint, Patrick McGoohan as The Prisoner, Sean Connery as James Bond, Robert Vaughn as The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and a couple of others.

All I remember is that it was a spy adventure story. It took place in Italy (I think) in a small town. The centerpiece of the town was a huge church. The church had these two huge front doors that were carve ornately with biblical scenes. The plot (always the same) had the bad guys going to blow up the church at noon time. We tried to get the townspeople out of harms way. We succeed in doing this. The special guest star and I watch the front doors of the church slowly close (by themselves) and when the meet the church blows up and I wake up.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2007, 08:11:23 AM »

Reminders for those interested:

THE STARTER WIFE has another episode tonight, and STUDIO 60 has its penultimate episode.

Is the Starter Wife a series? I thought it was just a movie,
Never stop dreaming.

Edisaurus

« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2007, 08:12:52 AM »

If this is PRE-surgery, then why?????

Michael

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2007, 08:12:57 AM »

My most recent dream I had had such an amazing story attached to it I wrote it down as soon as I woke up and an adapting it into a film script. Not sure if it will work out but I am going to give it a try
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2007, 08:13:08 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I honestly don't recall any specific dreams, good or bad, right now.  I know I dream, and I know I have had a few memorable ones, but they tend not to stick in my consciousness.

However, like DR Rodzinksi, I have had dreams where music that was playing on the radio has been incorporated into them.  But, again, I don't recall anything in particular right now.

And I don't think I ever had a "flying dream".  Everyone else I know has had them - even a couple of DRs ;) - but I really don't think I've ever had a flying dream.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2007, 08:14:19 AM »

If this is PRE-surgery, then why?????

I don't know why. I guess he has to compete against younger guys for roles. The new photos make him look soooo different
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2007, 08:16:12 AM »

Some thoughts for DRs to ponder...

Which is worse? A bad dream? Or a wonderful dream?

The bad dream you wake up from and feel great relief.

The wonderful dream you wake up from with the disappointment that it was only a dream.

Of course the bad dream is worse while you're dreaming it.

But haven't you had wonderful dreams before that you wish you hadn't had?

I've had dreams before that have transformed some girl I was just friends with to an object of incredible desire. The power of dreams is unbelievable.

I definately agree wit your last statement--there's been quite a few people I've seen in a different light once I dreamt about them.

But I would always rather have a good dream than a bad one.  A good dream can make me feel good alll day long--a bad one could have the opposite lasting effect.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »

I once had a very nice dream about Clint Walker and another one about Tom Wopat.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »

How great is this "Dance Ballerina Dance" song on the mix from tomovoz?

Vaughn Monroe should be on Mount Rushmore, as far as I'm concerned.

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2007, 08:18:44 AM »

Next time I hope to have a dream with both of them in it at the same time.  8)

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

Is the Starter Wife a series? I thought it was just a movie,

It is a mini-series: 6 episodes. The ratings have been so good that USA is considering turning it into a 13 episode-a-season series if Debra Messing is interested in continuing.

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2007, 08:20:26 AM »

In exactly one week from this very hour (adjusted for the time difference) I will be landing in NYC's JFK airport.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2007, 08:20:51 AM »

Heading down now to get cleaned up for lunch with friends. I'm sure the MILLIE question will be addressed at that time.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2007, 08:21:18 AM »

Has anyone been watching ARMY WIVES? I hear it is similar to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and the reviews have been very good....but I keep forgetting to set my DVR for it.

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2007, 08:21:44 AM »

Time to check Ebay. BBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »

Oh... Scratch that...

I did have a recurring nightmare of sorts when I was around 10 or 11.  It was sort of a "continually falling" dream.  Like down a well.  And the walls around me were spinning.  And they looked like they were tiled with those marble Composition books.  The dream made me dizzy.  And scared.   I think it lasted about two weeks straight.  And I do recall now being very afraid to go to bed, since as soon as I would close my eyes, I would start falling and spinning again.

And there was another dream where I felt my body starting to float about my mattress.  Then I went through the top bunk bed.  And eventually I went up to Heaven.  I saw angels.  I heard Herald Trumpets.  And I saw God/Jesus/SomeOne.  And He spoke to me: "You have answered my first three questions."  And then I started to float back down.  I could even feel myself floating back down to my bed, and I remember looking over to my left and noticing that the sun was coming up through the open window in my room.  And when I woke up, I felt very, very calm.  And I could feel the breeze blowing through my window.  -However, I've always wondered what the "first three questions" were, and just how many more questions there were/are.  And since I was going to Catholic grade and high school, I kept hoping to come across something in my Religion classes.  But I never did.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »

I shall not put any of these dreams through the HAL 6000 Dream-O-Matic, because they are all fascinating and sometime in the future will all make great expert testimony.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2007, 08:23:38 AM »

Yes it is the solstice, the day for putting on a white robe and dancing around the StoneHenge replica that we all have in our backyards.

The perfect day for DR CILLA LIZ to start her new office adventure in the Frances Farmer building!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2007, 08:23:53 AM »

Thanks for sharing the Herringbone review, DR FJL.

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

In exactly one week from this very hour (adjusted for the time difference) I will be landing in NYC's JFK airport.

And DH Richard and I will be boarding a train at Washington's Union Station, due into Manhattan about 3pm  :D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up