Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CONUNDRUM OF THE YAWN  (Read 36405 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE CONUNDRUM OF THE YAWN
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

Henry Mancini FANS:

Many of you may know that there was NEVER a soundtrack LP for "Wait Until Dark", one of Mancini's most suspense-filled scores.

In the past few years, all the labels that seek out such titles and solicit suggestions have reported  that they've been told the original masters to the score had not survived...either the ravages of time or the "cleaning out of old stuff" that often occurs in studio music departments.

GREAT NEWS, however!

The original score to "Wait Until Dark" HAS been found and is now available on CD!

Click on the bold section above to access a link where you can read all about it and hear samples of several cues.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:14:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2007, 11:06:33 AM »

I just timed those last 2 posts, and it takes between 30 and 45 seconds for the post to go through and show up....... Arghhhh!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:32 AM »

And so I'll depart for now........with a snappy little  "PAGE 8" mazurka !

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »

[shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8]  Page 8 [/size][/color][/shadow]

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:09:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2007, 11:09:17 AM »

THERE'S DR SWW!

Whew!

:)

Well...maybe he hasn't had a chance to shower yet!

;D

singdaw

« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »

Yes, DR JoseSPiano's lovely little four-letter word can be quite enigmatic!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2007, 11:12:33 AM »

Isn't tomorrow night the night of CABARET?  Or is that next Friday?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »

Lovely lobby card, DR SINGDAW.  I love Doris.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »

Lovely lobby card, DR SINGDAW.  I love Doris.

Really?

You, JRand?

A DoDo Fan?

Who'd a thunk it!!!???

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:14:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2007, 11:13:52 AM »

Package was delivered this morning.  I had to call Consumer Affairs - they took the bull by the horns and actually called the person to whom the package was going, and his assistant confirmed it had gotten there this morning.  Now, how stupid are these people?  They don't scan it when they deliver it?  The one woman from the NY station NEVER called me back.  Unbelievable.  However, I'm going to file the Consumer Affairs number and anytime I have a problem from now on that's how I'll deal with it.  They don't fool around - they solve the problem.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »

It's great news about Wait Until Dark - but as Lukas Kendall states, the tapes were never lost - some doofus gave him bad info.  The world of soundtracks is rife with bad info.

singdaw

« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »

and, in honor of yesterday's postings...
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »

It's great news about Wait Until Dark - but as Lukas Kendall states, the tapes were never lost - some doofus gave him bad info.  The world of soundtracks is rife with bad info.

And now HOPE springs eternal....!

;)

singdaw

« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »

Package was delivered this morning.

Did Consumer Affairs also happen to ask said assistant if they consider the delivery beyond the deadline?   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2007, 11:17:27 AM »

Isn't tomorrow night the night of CABARET?  Or is that next Friday?

I believe Boo-Key's opening night is June 29th...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »

and, in honor of yesterday's postings...
[scrolling ear of corn deleted]

To which I say:

[shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8]  Kiss Mah GRITS! [/size][/shadow]

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »

I love the WAIT UNTIL DARK score.  I just might order this one.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »

Damn! Damn!! [size=8]Damn!!![/size]

I was just notified that the management of the new office space jerked us around for a week and today alerted our rental agent that they were going with another leasee.  We've not been screwed, we were raped.

So, on Tuesday, we go into storage while the office search commences again.  I think we should go and break every window of the space we thought we had.  I will schelp home expensive scores and work I can do here.  Am I pissed?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:21:58 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »

I love the WAIT UNTIL DARK score.  I just might order this one.

Most of Mancini's scores are superb with the films.  The soundtrack recordings, though, tended to be lighter, sometimes jazzier re-recordings.

I'd love a "real" OST to "Breakfast At Tiffany's", "Hatari", "Charade" and "Two for the Road".

singdaw

« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »

[shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8]  Kiss Mah GRITS! [/size][/shadow]

singdaw

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2007, 11:23:30 AM »

DR elmore3003 - I'm SO sorry!  :(

Damn them.  Damn them all to hell.

singdaw

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2007, 11:24:32 AM »

Whew!

Page 8 is flying by like a gazelle in a chalet!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »

Yes, I've been E&T.  Bitchslap me, see if I care.

Now, as for cheap excuses, let me cite my work schedule, der Grampa having been enlisted as grandladsitter for the entire week, and a bout of depression.  When I'm running through a bout of depression, I find it's a lot safer to stay away, lest I write things I may regret later.

Due to the work schedule, I've only had one day off this week, and that was spent backing up der Grampa on his grandladsitting duties.  That was yesterday.  The grandlads were terribly antsy all day, and der Grampa had been given a whole list of errands to run by his daughter, Magic Mommy.  Alex, the elder grandlad, insisted that we put one of his favorite CDs on the car CD player, a disc by country singer Toby Keith.

I'm a little sick of Toby Keith, personally.  Too much of his material is about drinking and objectifying women, especially women who drink.  I mean, sure, it's fun to listen to every once in a while, but somehow it's not a world view that I share.

So, one of our first stops for errandizing was at the Dover WalMart.  Both grandlads had money burning in their pockets, and der Grampa agreed to let them spend it as they pleased in the toy department.  Just don't expect him to add to their cash if they wanted to spend more than they had, he growled.

While at WalMart, I checked out their CD department.  The best way to subvert Alex's taste for Toby would be to introduce him to some other country artist.  Like Trace Adkins, I thought.  So I picked up his latest disc for something like eight bucks, and when we got back to the car took out the Keith and put in the Adkins.

Alex was not impressed.  Toby Keith is his fav-o-rite country singer, in his informed opinion the best, and he wasn't going to change his opinion about that.

We had a couple of other stops before heading for a snack at the local Friendly's.  I asked Alex what other country singers he knew of.  Well, Toby Keith, of course.  And Adkins, who he thought had the first name Rodney.  And... well, he couldn't think of any others.

Garth Brooks?  Never heard of him.  Alan Jackson?  Nope.  Reba MacEntire?  Uh-uh.  Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson, Tim McGraw, Dolly Parton, all of 'em led him to give me a blank stare.  Johnny Cash?  Sounded like some hippy, just based on the name.

Alex is like this.  He decides that something is the best, and can't be bothered with trying anything else.  He ONLY likes certain things.  He ONLY likes grilled cheese sandwiches.  He ONLY likes Toby Keith.  He ONLY likes the Magic Treehouse series of books.  And he digs his heels in when we suggest he might like to try anything else.  I mean, really gets stubborn.

I suppose it's his way of controlling the world he lives in, and Magic Mommy and Daddy don't make things any easier for him.  They don't listen to music themselves, ever, and if he has music on in the house he has to listen to it wearing headphones.

I suppose I'm going to have to search the bargain bins for examples of other singers, just to give him some exposure to what is out there.

If I'm lucky, his brother William will decide that he likes some of the other artists.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »

Damn! Damn!! [size=8]Damn!!![/size]

I was just notified that the management of the new office space jerked us around for a week and today alerted our rental agent that they were going with another leasee.  We've not been screwed, we were raped.

So, on Tuesday, we go into storage while the office search commences again.  I think we should go and break every window of the space we thought we had.  I will schelp home expensive scores and work I can do here.  Am I pissed?
Dear Elmore:

You have every right to be pissed.

But please, do not break the windows.  In fact, make sure that they are all sealed tight and that it is impossible to open them.

Then take a drive to the country and bring back a skunk.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2007, 11:32:59 AM »

DR SWW -  No problem!  Just glad that you are both OK.   :)    It sounds like the past few days have been a bit...trying.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2007, 11:34:05 AM »

Dear Elmore:

You have every right to be pissed.

But please, do not break the windows.  In fact, make sure that they are all sealed tight and that it is impossible to open them.

Then take a drive to the country and bring back a skunk.

Woody! Welcome back.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »

Garth Brooks?  Never heard of him.  Alan Jackson?  Nope.  Reba MacEntire?  Uh-uh.  Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson, Tim McGraw, Dolly Parton, all of 'em led him to give me a blank stare.  Johnny Cash?  

Cowboy Troy?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »

~~~~~DR ELMORE~~~~~

That just SUCKS!!!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »

Cowboy Troy?

I think they should rent "I Walk the Line" and make the grandlads watch it!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2007, 11:40:16 AM »

Aw, crap!  Sorry to hear about the office space, DR Elmore!  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up