Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: PERFECTLY PERFECT MARCH  (Read 31538 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:PERFECTLY PERFECT MARCH
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2006, 07:37:08 PM »

Jose, I got a kick out of the bride's revenge story you posted.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2006, 07:37:24 PM »

Danise, the photo of Bear was precious!

Tomovoz

« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2006, 07:38:09 PM »

Big hit with "Wake the Town and Tell the People" in 1955 Michael.  I think she had Ray Conniff producing her tracks.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2006, 07:43:06 PM »

My 2 cents on Medium... does this still count as a spoiler??

The vet thing- Didn't they drop the dog off at the beginning of the day and then pick him up after work? I got the impression he had been there all day.  Also I could swear that I thought the vet said something to the effect of: I can tell you that he's old, at least 12, and I can already tell that he's got some liver problems.  Which to me meant, just by preliminarily checking him out I can tell you it's not good, there are probably another ton of problems that I would uncover by doing further tests.

I feel like I had some other really prolific oberservation to share with you all but for the life of me I cannot remember it.  All this talk of locked doors has me thinking back to my days of working at Togo's trying to remember how the lock worked.  Oh yeah!!! Point number 2, get ready folks!

The employees were standing outside waiting for the manager to come unlock the store and open up.  At any point did anyone try to open the door?  Did they say it was locked, did anyone check or did they just assume?  I distinctly remember Allison breaking the window and the alarm going off.  What if the door was unlocked the whole time?!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2006, 07:44:01 PM »

On the TOD, I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on the TOD, I don't have anything to add.  All my faves have been mentioned.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2006, 07:49:58 PM »

Good Evening!

I did indeed turn the TV off earlier... which turned out to be a good thing...

I sat down at the dinner table with my parents.  Flank steak and baked tilapia.  YUM!  And my Dad brought home some Mango-Lime Salsa he got at Costco - Good Stuff!  Has a nice kick to it too.

I also managed to get my friend, Chris, in California a photography gig this weekend.  My friend, James, in NYC is with a photo agency and was short a photographer or two for some Oscar events this weekend.  So... Through the wonders of IMs...  Chris will go on a "trial shoot" tomorrow, and if it works out, he may end up working some of the parties and events this weekend.  OHH!! Wonder if he could snag a Swag Bag.  -And I actually think I get a finder's fee too!  Bonus!
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2006, 07:51:33 PM »

Question- what do you wear to job fairs?  Does it have to be a suit, or can it be something suit-esque?

I just found out on Wednesday that the Jewish Board job fair is on Wednesday- one week's notice!  They organized it in favor of current interns: hour one for Jewish Board interns only (that's me and about 100 others), hour two for other graduating MSW students only, and then hour three for graduated/current social workers.  But they only gave us a week's notice to pull together our resumes and be prepared for "possible brief interviews"  Eek!

That was one stressor this week...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2006, 07:51:51 PM »

I also heard from DR Jason.  He was calling from Orlando.  Outside.  In a short sleeve shirt.  60 degrees.  Ah, must be nice.  ;)

He's having a great time - very busy first day, but he also ended up running into his undergraduate theatre professor.  And I think he mentioned something about singing earlier tonight too.  -I'll need to clarify that later.
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2006, 07:52:38 PM »

Good Evening!

I did indeed turn the TV off earlier... which turned out to be a good thing...

I sat down at the dinner table with my parents.  Flank steak and baked tilapia.  YUM!  And my Dad brought home some Mango-Lime Salsa he got at Costco - Good Stuff!  Has a nice kick to it too.

I also managed to get my friend, Chris, in California a photography gig this weekend.  My friend, James, in NYC is with a photo agency and was short a photographer or two for some Oscar events this weekend.  So... Through the wonders of IMs...  Chris will go on a "trial shoot" tomorrow, and if it works out, he may end up working some of the parties and events this weekend.  OHH!! Wonder if he could snag a Swag Bag.  -And I actually think I get a finder's fee too!  Bonus!

That's awesome Jose, especially about the finders fee.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2006, 07:53:45 PM »

I visited the children's psychiatric unit of a hospital for the first time today.  That would be another stressor from this week.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

Question- what do you wear to job fairs?  Does it have to be a suit, or can it be something suit-esque?

I just found out on Wednesday that the Jewish Board job fair is on Wednesday- one week's notice!  They organized it in favor of current interns: hour one for Jewish Board interns only (that's me and about 100 others), hour two for other graduating MSW students only, and then hour three for graduated/current social workers.  But they only gave us a week's notice to pull together our resumes and be prepared for "possible brief interviews"  Eek!

That was one stressor this week...

Depends on the focus of the job fair and/or what kind of jobs and employers you're interested.  Dress well, but if you know you don't want to be working "corporate", then don't dress corporate.  Then again, with dress codes nowadays, who knows?  -And I don't envy women trying to find appropriate business wear.  Just too many styles and choices to pick from.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2006, 07:56:05 PM »

That's awesome Jose, especially about the finders fee.

Well, when I get back... and get my check... Slurpees all around!  

:)

*I'm lovin' the new 7-11 on 42nd Street across from Port Authority.  Great selection, and good, "regular" prices.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »

Or... We could head over to the new Chipotle on 9th.  Apparently, they have wonderful margaritas!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

Depends on the focus of the job fair and/or what kind of jobs and employers you're interested.  Dress well, but if you know you don't want to be working "corporate", then don't dress corporate.  Then again, with dress codes nowadays, who knows?  -And I don't envy women trying to find appropriate business wear.  Just too many styles and choices to pick from.

I agree about the corporate thing.  I feel like because it is a job fair and I'm entering a licensed profession, I should look professional, more so than I would during my day to day work.  But I don't want to look like I'm going to an interview with a fortune 500 company.  Right now all I have is a black suit, which worn with a button down shirt would so not be me.  Well, I guess it would be me testifying in court.  But not me, the soon to be social worker/child therapist.  

I'm going shopping this weekend in the hopes I can find something at H&M or Loehmans to wear under the suit that will make it appear approachably quirky fun-spirited.  ::)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »

Or... We could head over to the new Chipotle on 9th.  Apparently, they have wonderful margaritas!

What!? Chipotle has margaritas??

Also, I am so excited about 7-11 but have not been there yet.  I am a super fan of the super big gulp- you could live on one of those things for days!! (and I did when I was in college)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »

I just had a weird thought.  What if Chipotle used my avatar with my above quote as a marketing campaign.

Chipotle has margaritas!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2006, 08:08:36 PM »

Snow update: A light dusting sticking to everything in our neighborhood.  I was in the Bronx early this morning and it was coming down pretty heavy in big wet flakes.  At about noon folks started becoming concerned about whether or not it would be safe to drive home and were making plans to leave early.  I went from the Bronx all the way down to the west village by 1:30 and it was raining with nothing sticking.  At about 3:45 it began to hail, and then it appeared to be snowing again by 5.  When I left work at 9, the skies were basically clear.  Thus ends my career as a weather reporter.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »

What!? Chipotle has margaritas??

Also, I am so excited about 7-11 but have not been there yet.  I am a super fan of the super big gulp- you could live on one of those things for days!! (and I did when I was in college)

Yep, they have margaritas!  While on lunch break the other day, I was surprised by the beer case behind the register.  And then I noticed that a woman came up to a register, and asked for "Two....???" - I missed the rest of her question.  Then a few minutes later, a server came out with two margaritas and brought them to her table.

"So... Is there a rule about drinking during the course of the rehearsal day?"

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2006, 08:12:47 PM »

"So... Is there a rule about drinking during the course of the rehearsal day?"

;D

There is, and I think it goes something like: don't get caught.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

Thus ends my career as a weather reporter.

Maybe it was your outfit.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2006, 08:14:37 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2006, 08:15:24 PM »

There is, and I think it goes something like: don't get caught.

That's what we all figured.  But we were sure tempted.  And those margaritas sure looked good.

-Blame it on the vampires.   :P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:16:07 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

OH!...

And there was another Lestat update on Broadway.com today.  Who knew production managers could be so cute?!?

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:52 PM »

I haven't been as angry in quite some time as I was tonight with Paula and Simon making moronic jokes at soul-crushing bad news for the IDOL semifinalists.

I cannot imagine what they were thinking acting so immaturely when those people are going through the humiliation of rejection. Yep, we all have to suffer rejection at points in our lives, but these folks are getting rejection in front of 30 million people live and those fools are cracking in-jokes among themselves as if nothing mattered but their good time. Outrageous.

I think they should offer apologies next week to those contestants.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »

I haven't been as angry in quite some time as I was tonight with Paula and Simon making moronic jokes at soul-crushing bad news for the IDOL semifinalists.

I cannot imagine what they were thinking acting so immaturely when those people are going through the humiliation of rejection. Yep, we all have to suffer rejection at points in our lives, but these folks are getting rejection in front of 30 million people live and those fools are cracking in-jokes among themselves as if nothing mattered but their good time. Outrageous.

I think they should offer apologies next week to those contestants.

Totally agree - thus my "Shoot the judges" comment earlier.

I began to think that Paula was back on her pain-killers again.  It was very strange to see her being so non-compassionate and inconsiderate.

However... SPOILER AHEAD -SORT OF

Those "farewell performances" were truly painful.  "Cause when I'm bad, I'm so, so bad...."  -Couldn't agree more!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:27:57 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »

As for the singers who were eliminated tonight . . . .

spoilers - - - - --

I had no problem with any of them. I do feel they were the four weakest singers left in the competition, and I was so delighted with Brenna being eliminated that I wouldn't have cared which other girl was selected. I just wanted her gone. Lots of unnecessary drama and egotism are gone with her elimination!

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:43 PM »

I was in shirtsleeves tonight too taking my recycle bin to the curb. But our warm streak is going to be over after today. Much colder this weekend.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »

And as for the first woman singer eliminated tonight....

Even her smugness during her "Goodbye" speech(?)... UGH!  However, I think I detected a tear or two in her eyes as she was singing.  Or maybe they were crocodile tears.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

Before IDOL came on, I watched about 20 minutes of CONEY ISLAND, another Betty Grables movie featured on the Fox Movie Channel today and recorded on my DVR.

Like THAT NIGHT IN RIO which I picked up on the DVR yesterday, the Technicolor is simply luscious for CONEY ISLAND, and it makes the tepid color in much of PIN UP GIRL's DVD a real puzzle. Still don't understand why it was selected for a DVD when other Grable movies look so much better (and are better films, too!)

CONEY ISLAND has George Montgomery and Cesar Romero as the male leads, far superior to that lackluster John Harvey in PIN UP GIRL.

Matt H.

« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2006, 08:33:04 PM »

And as for the first woman singer eliminated tonight....

Even her smugness during her "Goodbye" speech(?)... UGH!  However, I think I detected a tear or two in her eyes as she was singing.  Or maybe they were crocodile tears.

spoiler------

The rampant ego of Brenna saying to Clive Davis to "offer me some money some we can make some money" or something to that effect was just absurd. Sure, he's going to sign someone who couldn't even make it to the finals!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:33:48 PM by Matt H. »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up