Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 29025 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »

I believe I've posted this before (what else is new?), but it was at a revival house that I saw FRANCES (along with COME AND GET IT), and when I came out I noticed a little poster for an upcoming attraction called THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2009, 10:22:56 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I am a bit under the weather today. Vibes to Singdaw, BK, Vixmom, and anyone else who needs them.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »

Media check:

DVD: more DUE SOUTH

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »

Media check:

DVD: more DUE SOUTH

You're not supposed to be watching that.  You'll get snow blindness....and possibly a pemmican rash.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »

DR Jeanne, I hope you get out from under the weather soon.

Laura

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

Vibes to DAW and Jeanne and Vixmom -- and anyone else who needs them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »

* * * * *   More Vibes for DR DAW  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »

I was rear-ended once. I was in a family way, and my doctor told me to sign nothing until the baby was born. The other guy didn't even try to blame me, which is good. I was stopped in a long line of stopped traffic on Central Avenue. Luckily I left plenty of room ahead of me so I didn't hit the guy in front of me, as Mr. Lessig taught me in driver's ed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:55:32 AM by Laura »

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »

What did others think of Changeling?

My reaction was similar to yours. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »

I am breathing again.  I made a mistake on something that was set for hearing this morning. I realized it about a week ago,  but it was really too late to do anything but wait and see what would happen today.   I have been totally stressed about it for the entire week.  Today, I fell on my sword and the judge wasn't pleased with me and made that very clear, but he gave me more time and it will in no way effect my client's case.  Whew!   

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »

My weather is way under too, thus I am home eating soup and napping and watching a 1960s Bollywood pirate movie.

Laura

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »

Well, that's good, Cillaliz. I'm hope it will all turn out ok.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2009, 10:59:36 AM »

I had a bit o'trauma-drama myself this morning.  My car broke down at the very foot of the Ben Franklin Bridge on my way to work.  I immediately called 911 who put me in touch with an NJ State Trooper dispatcher who told me he was sending a trooper out.  After waiting and directing traffic to go around me for 45 minutes, I called AAA, who had a tow truck to me in 10 minutes.  He expertly got my car up on his truck bed and toted me and my car off to his garage where it sits even now.  A mechanic then drove me to my office.  They called about an hour later telling me that my engine was gunked up and that it will take till Wednesday before I will have my car back.  I will have to take a bus home tonight and then get myself a rental.

But ya know what?  There was just another police funeral at the Basilica of St Peter and Paul right across the street from my office building.  The officer was shot and killed last Friday night coming to the rescue of a taxi driver.  He was just 25 years old, was married just under a year and left a young wife who is pregnant.  I don't think my car problem is that big of a deal right now...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2009, 11:00:58 AM »

Immigration law has a big learning curve. I'm not surprised a lot of lawyers start to do it and then quit.   I learned a lot this week with the mistake I made and some conference calls I was in on. If they didn't change the rules and procedures on you constantly and if you didn't have to deal with a number of different agencies who don't communicate with each other, it may not be so bad. 

Today, there was a period of time in my little office where you could hear Vietnamese, Ewi, Spanish and English all at the same time.  It was really cool and reminded me why I do this and that learning to do it right is well worth the time, energy and stress.  Now that I made it past this bump in the road, I'm feeling lots better. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »

Well, that's good, Cillaliz. I'm hope it will all turn out ok.

The merits of the situation are what they are, I just don't ever want to see a client harmed because of something I didn't do right

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »

I had a bit o'trauma-drama myself this morning.  My car broke down at the very foot of the Ben Franklin Bridge on my way to work.  I immediately called 911 who put me in touch with an NJ State Trooper dispatcher who told me he was sending a trooper out.  After waiting and directing traffic to go around me for 45 minutes, I called AAA, who had a tow truck to me in 10 minutes.  He expertly got my car up on his truck bed and toted me and my car off to his garage where it sits even now.  A mechanic then drove me to my office.  They called about an hour later telling me that my engine was gunked up and that it will take till Wednesday before I will have my car back.  I will have to take a bus home tonight and then get myself a rental.

But ya know what?  There was just another police funeral at the Basilica of St Peter and Paul right across the street from my office building.  The officer was shot and killed last Friday night coming to the rescue of a taxi driver.  He was just 25 years old, was married just under a year and left a young wife who is pregnant.  I don't think my car problem is that big of a deal right now...

I know exactly what you mean.  Vibes that your car is fixed soon and vibes for the family of the officer

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »

It's supposed to start raining here pretty soon.  It's above freezing, but not much. Time to go back to the office.   laters

DAW

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2009, 11:14:34 AM »

Hello, various and sundried!

First off, thank you for the vibes, concern, advice, and general good will.  They mean more to me than you will know.

I am fine.  At this point, I don’t feel any ill effects, body-wise, though I realize that it is to soon to know anything definitively.  I’m sorry I haven’t been at HHW.  I’m juggling the insurance company, two towing companies, the doctor, the rental car company, and the police department.  Oh, and doing a few things at my desk at work.

But despite all that, I do truly consider myself blessed and thankful.  It could have been so much worse.

Please rest assured that so far, all is well, if a bit inconvenient.  I shall return to you shortly, when things calm down a bit.  And again, thank you.   :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:19:26 AM by DAW »

DAW

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I am glad the judge wasn't too harsh and that your client is OK.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:37 AM »

Hello, all!

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player at work:  the new off-Broadway recording of The Fantasticks.  I just got it earlier this week.  I don't know why I waited so long.  I really like it. :) After that will be the new recording of Allegro. :)

In my DVR:  last night's two-fer of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice."  Set to record are tonight's "Psych" and "Battlestar Galactica."  I might not be home tonight to watch "Psych," and I still have the last three, count 'em THREE episodes of "BG" to watch.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »

~~~I hope our DAW has no horrible side effects from his ordeal!~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:20 AM »

I’m juggling the insurance company, two towing companies, the doctor, the rental car company, and the police department.  Oh, and doing a few things at my desk at work.
Please rest assured that so far, all is well, if a bit inconvenient. 

"A Bit Inconvenient" - a Musical Farce by Stephen Sondheim

A cast of jugglers, tow-truck drivers, Doctors, Hertz clerks, and police all conspire to interupt the pre-dawn walk of a suburbanite.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »

~~~Vibes for Dan (the Man)'s Car!!~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I guess today... Well, this afternoon... Well, the past hour and a half was "Let's call Jose back" time.  I don't think I've spent that much time on the phone for business stuff in a long time.  However, it's nice to know that things are getting lined up. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33:57 AM »

I’m juggling the insurance company, two towing companies, the doctor, the rental car company, and the police department.  Oh, and doing a few things at my desk at work.
Please rest assured that so far, all is well, if a bit inconvenient. 

"A Bit Inconvenient" - a Musical Farce by Stephen Sondheim

A cast of jugglers, tow-truck drivers, Doctors, Hertz clerks, and police all conspire to interupt the pre-dawn walk of a suburbanite.

der Brucer

That sounds more like a William Finn property.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2009, 11:35:08 AM »

~~~Vibes for Dan (the Man)'s Car!!~~~

When I first read this, I thought it was "Dan (the Man)'s Carl!". Who's Carl?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »

DR Dan (the Man) - I'm glad that you got your bit of car trauma-dram taken care of this morning.  -And that you stayed out of harm's way while waiting for the police and AAA.

And, yes... It's all about perspective.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2009, 11:40:55 AM »

What did others think of Changeling?

I really liked the film.  Saw it on the big screen.

Fascinating story.  It stuck pretty close to the actual facts.

Too bad it couldn't have a "Hollywood ending".
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2009, 11:44:08 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

I've been alternating between WQXR and WNYC.  As much as I like waking up to the NPR newscasts in the morning on WNYC, some of the music they play during the overnight hours is really not sleep-inducing (sleep-conducing ???).  Elliot Carter's compositions are definitely not meant for "passive listening".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2009, 11:45:14 AM »

I liked "The Changeling" too.  But it didn't really stick with me after I left the theater.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up