Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: METAPHORS  (Read 54419 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:METAPHORS
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DR EDI AND HER DH!

One nice thing about having the 14th on the 14th, besides the numerical symetry, is that I have finally passed the number of years I was married to Husband #1.  :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »

Happy Anniversary to DR EDISAURUS and her DH GREG!!

14 years!! Wow!

Thanks, JRand57!

Is there anything numerically signifigant about celebrating your 14th on the 14th?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »

I'm loading in THE CLOSER dailies for the upcoming season. Great chemistry between Brenda and our suspect, who was last seen in season 2.

We were afraid that Daniels might not be back (I think she had a recurring role on ER) but she's back, and with a new hairstyle!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:39:00 PM by Edisaurus »

FJL

« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »

Happy anniversary, Amy & Greg!!!

FJL

« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »

Was the title of the series ALL MY CHILDREN meant to bring to mind  the title ALL MY SONS?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »

I picked up the manuscript and have already finished entering the fixes - she caught some lulus, too - missed apostrophes, added words that shouldn't have been there, missing words that should have been there - I have ten tiny things to run by muse Margaret, just to get her opinion, and then we'll be done and I'll send out the manuscript for the dust jacket blurbs.  Grant and I will begin work on Monday - very exciting.

BK, I am beginning to think that you are one of the few authors who bother having their manuscripts proofed, even by the publishers.  I can't believe some of the errors that I have come across in the last few years.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »

I have been watching HD Trailers on my ITunes. . .even downloaded a few. . . . ;D
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2008, 04:50:02 PM »

The heron young in the nests:

Is that area zoned for multiple dwellings?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »

BEST ANNIVERSARY WISHES
[/color][/b]

TO AMY AND GREG!!!
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:50 PM »

I find it very curious, and a bit confusing, that DR sippystraw hasn't posted the past four hours.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »

Since our house backs up to a creek we will occasionally see a heron fly over our yard. They are so magnificent!

If we had a creek behind our house, you'd never get me inside.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

td

• td
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »

I find it very curious, and a bit confusing, that DR sippystraw hasn't posted the past four hours.

Perhaps he has been laid up.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2008, 05:35:34 PM »

Perhaps he has been laid.

Perhaps!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »

Happy anniversary, Amy & Greg!!!

Thanks, Fred!

Edisaurus

« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »

BEST ANNIVERSARY WISHES
[/color][/b]

TO AMY AND GREG!!!
[/color][/b]

Awwww...how sweet! It looks just like us!

Thanks, TCB! :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »

If we had a creek behind our house, you'd never get me inside.

Well, if you had to cross 20 feet of land that was owned by a chincy bassa to get to the creek...  ::)

Tomovoz

« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Saurus
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2008, 05:47:45 PM »

Once again DR Ron and I differ re movies.  I don't enjoy Robert Mitchum's performances and he for me he was so wrong for Ryan's Daughter.

Others have Paris -  Ron and I at least have LOTR.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »

Happy Anniversary to Amy and Greg!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

A very happy haineshisway.com anniversary to our very own edisaurus and "oh crap, they want my name."

Edisaurus

« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

Well, our big NY presentation went off without a hitch, despite the poor head of TNT/TBS/TCM/TruTV creative being felled by a kidney stone, hospitalized and then not being able to get a flight and having to wait at the airport for half a day. Fortunately, he had it so well organized that things were able to proceed until he got there.

All of the stars (Kyra, Holly and the newbies--Eric McCormick etc.) were there and they showed our :60 promo that we shot up in NY last month. Kyra was very complimentary of the spots and said what a nice job we did. Hooray! We watched a simulcast on the web during our session. Besides the shows that were represented at the Upfront, there's lots more on the horizon, so I should be able to keep pretty busy this year:

TNT orders big-name cop series
George Clooney, '24's' Joel Surnow among producers
By Paul J. Gough

NEW YORK -- TNT announced plans to extend its winning streak in scripted dramas with projects in development from big-time executive producers George Clooney, "24" co-creator Joel Surnow and others.

Four of the series in development are cop-themed. "Delta Blues" is about a Memphis cop who is also an Elvis impersonator. It's executive produced by Clooney, Grant Heslov, Abby Wolf-Weiss, Liz Garcia and Josh Harto (Warner Horizon Television and SmokeHouse). Another project is yet to be titled and focuses on a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent. Surnow is the executive producer with Todd Robinson and also the writer. And "Angel City" is an "Adam-12"-like drama written by L.A. cop Will Beall and Barry Schindel with Mandalay Television.

None of the projects was mentioned at Turner's upfront, held at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Wednesday morning, the first time Turner had gone into upfront week. It's not likely to be the last, judging from the positive reaction from buyers and the good vibes afterward from Turner execs who put on an 81-minute program that had everything -- stars, lots of footage -- that their broadcast rivals so far have lacked.

Also in development are "Tough Trade," a look at Nashville music from Lionsgate Television and executive produced by Chris Offutt, Sean Furst and Bryan Furst; and an untitled family drama like "Little Miss Sunshine" executive produced by Rob Ulin.

Turner told advertisers that it was ready to dramatically increase its original content on TNT. The goal is to eventually have 80 percent original content weeknights, with original programming three nights a week by 2010.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »

The newest resident of my yard. She acts so tame that I think she probaby has a nest of babies somewhere nearby

Edisaurus

« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Saurus

Thank you, Tomovoz! (Although it sounds a little unseemly...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2008, 05:51:58 PM »

The newest resident of my yard. She acts so tame that I think she probaby has a nest of babies somewhere nearby

I dreamed about bunnies last night that were wearing cowboy hats. I wonder what the Dream-o-matic would say about that?

Tomovoz

« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2008, 05:52:35 PM »

DR Jose.  I may have to send you the Chocolate Frogs. They are not at all suitable for using as mice prevention.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:11 PM »

Just spent three hours reading through the Nudie Musical script - cut lines, added lines, rearranged lines, cleaned some things up.  I see a couple of problem areas in terms of characters, which I'll deal with tomorrow - the ingenue, Susie, virtually disappears from both film and musical after her big song early in act one, so I'll be sprinkling both her and George Brenner into more group scenes - since they're separate roles one has to justify having them in the show - it's not a major deal, but it's important.  

The very ending of the piece, which is the movie ending, is a little soft for me (I tried using I Don't Have To Hide Anymore as the final song, but it doesn't really work) - so I have to rethink the way it ends - I may reprise a number there or create something more punchy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:32 PM »

Happy Anniversary to Amy and Greg!!!!

Thnak you, Cillaliz!

I will convey everyone's wishes to my DH tonight. He's in rehearsal for a film that's shooting this week. Most of it takes place in the back of a delivery van.

Mike placement will be a challenge...

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »

A very happy haineshisway.com anniversary to our very own edisaurus and "oh crap, they want my name."

:D :D :D

I will send "oh crap" your regards!

BTW, now is a good time to send those tapes, so I will PM you the info...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »

But happily because the movie structure is so sound, the play structure is also sound - in fact, I've been able to make it sounder, beefing up the conflict with the backers and the problems with the leading lady, so that there's real jeopardy throughout.  

And the new material seems like it's really solid - I laughed out loud several times at some of the new gags.  The big question right now is whether to cut Juanita Juanita's boyfriend Riff - I love him in the film, but he doesn't do all that much, and we'd really only be losing the one gag in his opening scene - I know people who like the film would probably miss him - he certainly can be played by one of the ensemble boys (the ensemble plays multiple roles throughout), so I'm going to ponder.  I may leave him in for the informal reading and see how it feels.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:47 PM »

Yes, send me the info and I'll get them off to you pronto.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up