Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AND ON THAT NOTE...  (Read 13963 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: AND ON THAT NOTE...
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »

For DR Jennifer's DR niece Megan,
HAPPY

Jane

« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »

Continued DENTAL VIBES for ELMORE!

DITTO!  DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »

I guess no one read the notes today because I see not one excellent vibe or xylophone for good weather for my trip.

Jesus, BK! You're not flying until Thursday!

But there are storms kicking up along the eastern seaboard...and those vibes and (especially the) xylophones might need a good few days' head start to ward off any tropical storm headwinds that could force a landing in Jersey.

You are both funny.

GOOD WEATHER VIBES AND EASY TRAVELING AND A SUCCESSFUL TRIP TO NY VIBES FOR BRUCE!

Jane

« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »

Thank you DR's ArnoldMBrockman, Laura, &  Cilla for the delightful congratulations.  To celebrate Keith joined us for a hike back at the regular trails.  Sherlock enjoyed running free. 

Now I need to set up his shower we will give him when Keith comes in.  At the moment Keith is mowing the lawn before it rains.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »

Gamar chatima tova.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2010, 12:44:38 PM »

Mr McGlinn's SHOWBOAT was the first time I had heard MANY of the songs from the various incarnations of the show.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »

Gamar chatima tova.

Isn't this what Ernest Borgnine says when he gets up every morning?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »

I will probably miss the PWOJECT WUNWAY episode this week - usually watch on Saturday night, but we will be breaking the set.

If someone would like to let me know who went home.

Gretchen and Ivy are both poisonous - and I am looking forward to the day when they bite the dust.  And the guy from Hawaii has such BAD skin, it is hard to watch him in HD.  I do like Mondo.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »

Never mind.....just looked on the site and found out......and I don't mind that at all.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »

Wow - six pages and it's not even 1:00pm PST.  And it's all GOOD stuff!! 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:51 PM »

Off on a tangent.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »

Mr McGlinn's SHOWBOAT was the first time I had heard MANY of the songs from the various incarnations of the show.

Me, too.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »

Being involved with that recording is one of my career highs. Being the first orchestrator for LOST IN BOSTON and UNSUNG MUSICALS may be the other. I'm proud of my involvement and my collaborators.

I'm still awaiting word from Indianapolis about how the Callaway orchestra rehearsals are going.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »

How do I remove a "friend" from facebook? 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »

How do I remove a "friend" from facebook? 

One way is that you can click on the "x" to the right of a person's post (when you hover your cursor over one of their posts) and you'll get the option to hide that person.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »

Thanks George.  I really prefer to remove the person instead of hiding them.  I want to reduce the number of people I'm friends with to those who actually communicate on a more personal level.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »

At the moment I don't even see an x next to anyone's name.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2010, 01:58:48 PM »

Jane, go to you account and then click on "edit friends" - that will bring up your entire friend list and there you will have the option of nuking anyone you like.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »

All CDs are shipped - it took three hours to do it all.  Then we went to storage where we only found one of the two Luker charts requested and that one only had the piano part and a sax part.  But I think that's all that was on the track and that the bass and drums probably played from the piano chart.  As to Don't Fence Me In, I don't think there was an orchestration on that either - but we had not even a piano/vocal, not even in Vinnie's booth copies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »

Had a few nice packages today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »

I'm absolutely famished so must go eat something - I'm thinking Hugo's but I'll have to wait till two-thirty - no getting in there before that.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  the original Broadway cast recording of Goldilocks, starring Elaine Stritch; and then the original off-Broadway cast recording of Dames at Sea, starring Bernadette Peters.

I'll send you some GOLDILOCKS mp3s of the dance music. The "Lady In Waiting" ballet is glorious.

Oooh, me, too.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »

Yesterday I got an e-mail from my boss that simply stated "Jesus will be here tomorrow at 8:30"

It gave me quite a start, until I remembered that Jesus works in our Information Technology Division and is resposible for updating my bosses Blackberry.

LOL!!! ;D

We were in Best Buys in "electric avenue" looking for a TV a while ago, and saw a nice one with the sound off to demonstrate close-captioning. The show was about the giant anaconda, and the wildlife guy and his helper were reaching into a creek and pulling up the snake, trying to find the end of it because it was so large. The captions were saying:

Jesus--this is a big snake! 
Jesus--I've never seen anything like this.
Jesus--this is huge!

We finally realized that the guy who was talking was Hispanic and named Jesus!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »

Although I had no idea who this guy was until just now, but a former contestant from India's version of SURVIVOR asked me to be his Facebook friend.

Evidently, we share a common interest in (and both belong to the Facebook page of) a certain, obscure 1970s Japanese science fiction show and we are both Facebook friends with a certain obscure Indian film director. Because of the commonality he decided we should be pals. I like that.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »

I will probably miss the PWOJECT WUNWAY episode this week - usually watch on Saturday night, but we will be breaking the set.

If someone would like to let me know who went home.

Gretchen and Ivy are both poisonous - and I am looking forward to the day when they bite the dust.  And the guy from Hawaii has such BAD skin, it is hard to watch him in HD.  I do like Mondo.

SPOILAGE

If you mean who went home last night (?), it was Michael Drummond (whose outfit was much less HIDEOUS than Andy's....but as they discussed, they needed to send home the person they didn't want to see any more from...and I thought for sure they meant Valerie --who patently ignored Michael Kors' remark last week about all the judges being bored with her constant use of dark blue and burgundy -- but no...it was Michael D!).  And Mondo won the challenge...as Heidi put it, he was "the clear winner").

END SPOILAGE
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:29:26 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2010, 03:47:23 PM »

Friday evening greetings from Orlando!  Our flight was smooth and there were several very excited little girls on their way to Disney World and breakfast with the Princesses.  It was fun to listen to them talk.  We got our rental car and found our hotel with no problem.  Drove around a bit and finally had a late lunch/early dinner at Houlihan's.  Then we made our way to St. Alban's Cathedral, where tomorrow's consecration takes place.  It's only about 5 miles from where we're staying, so we don't have to get up real early in the morning.  We' re just relaxing in our room tonight - a day of travel was quite tiring for me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »

Ginny, have fun in Orlando. When do you get back? I can't remember if you'll be there when I head towards Columbus.

Thanks, DR Edi!  We'll be back late Wednesday evening - I'd love to meet you for coffee or something!

Thanks, also to DRs John G, MBarnum, Cillaliz, Jose, Jeanne, and Jane for the travel vibes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2010, 03:56:09 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

Had Hugo's for lunch - it was still incredibly crowded and I got the last parking space - at two-FORTY!!!  It's all out of work actors and wannabe screenwriters.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »

Ginny, have fun in Orlando. When do you get back? I can't remember if you'll be there when I head towards Columbus.

Thanks, DR Edi!  We'll be back late Wednesday evening - I'd love to meet you for coffee or something!

Thanks, also to DRs John G, MBarnum, Cillaliz, Jose, Jeanne, and Jane for the travel vibes!

Awww, DR Ginny, I'm sorry I missed this! I am glad this lousy week is over, although I still expect more fallout on the Jerk Diva Tenor. 

And here's some gossip: I've been wondering why the Oaf Above me has been so quiet this week between midnight and 4am. His dad's staying in the apartment. I saw him walking the dog today. I have no idea what's going on.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up