Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FIRMWARE  (Read 31223 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:FIRMWARE
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »

Val Kilmer IS Moses.
"I asked for firmware, and instead they gave me this."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »

Page four dance, but I don't even want to think about Val Kilmer doing anything en pointe.

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »

I don't even want to think about Val Kilmer doing anything en pointe.

What about his pointy head?

singdaw

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »

Now I must hie myself

Hie you hence!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »

Tonight, at 7:30 EDT on the SciFi Channel:

[size=20]The
Sarah Jane
Adventures[/size]
[/url]

Elizabeth Sladen fans, rejoice!

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »

DR JMK, did you review SAARIWAYA yet?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2008, 10:48:37 AM »

No--it probably won't even get here until today or tomorrow.  Still slogging through this BBC Natural History set.  Did you know a whale's tongue weighs as much as an elephant?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »

Tonight, at 7:30 EDT on the SciFi Channel:

[size=20]The
Sarah Jane
Adventures[/size]
[/url]

Elizabeth Sladen fans, rejoice!

My longtime recording engineer used to be a James, but is now a Sarah Jane.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »

My longtime recording engineer used to be a James, but is now a Sarah Jane.
Different adventures, I think.   :o

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2008, 11:02:29 AM »

Didn't Kurt Weill write Saariwaya Johnny?

JMK

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2008, 11:04:19 AM »

Didn't Kurt Weill write Saariwaya Johnny?

Now I love me my JRB, but the POV of Surabaya Santa is strangely skewed.  When I did it with Susannah, she was never quite sure who was saying what.

JMK

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »

Speaking of cabaret songs:

I have written a little comedy song entitled "Advice for the auditioning musical theater performer" (the subtitle gives away the joke, but let's just say that DR Jose and I live the joke many times a year).  If anyone would like it for their audition and/or act, email me at:

jeffrey_kauffman@msn.com

giving me your range, so that it is properly transposed, and I will gladly send it to you.   It was just used in a cattle call audition here and got a great response.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

Val Kilmer IS Moses.

Why, OH WHY!?!?!?!

Now I'm having flashbacks. And not the exciting, informative ones like they have on "Lost".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »

Speaking of cabaret songs:

I have written a little comedy song entitled "Advice for the auditioning musical theater performer" (the subtitle gives away the joke, but let's just say that DR Jose and I live the joke many times a year).  If anyone would like it for their audition and/or act, email me at:

jeffrey_kauffman@msn.com

giving me your range, so that it is properly transposed, and I will gladly send it to you.   It was just used in a cattle call audition here and got a great response.

Hmm... Are you able to send it out as Finale file?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »

Hmm... Are you able to send it out as Finale file?  ;)

Sorry, this particular one is in Encore, and unfortunately my Finale 2008 only converts earlier versions of Encore.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »

Oh, and it's too late now, but...

***DENTAL VIBES***[/size][/color]
to DR Ron Pulliam![/size][/color]

It's never too late...

I had LANAP surgery and it went very well.  The dentist took care of the right-side uppers and lowers.  I have spent a good part of my life in a  dentist's chair, but in the past few years I fell victim to an assembly-line practice set up by my dental  insurance provider and the results were decidedly mixed.  I had a number of teeth crowned, only to later have them re-crowned because the "insurance" would not authorize a root canal before the crown was installed.  I had co-pays, etc., but the dentists never said, "You need this, and your insurance won't cover it, but I can do it for $_____.

I will  spare details of a very painful abscess that was the last straw (it was a tooth that had been crowned less than six months before).  I decided that was my last visit there.

I switched dental plans at work and went searching for someone who would tell me exactly what I need and would work with me, over time, to ensure I got what I could afford at the time, with a definite goal for near-future continuation.

I found her last year, and we have been moving toward what I believe will last me the rest of my life.  Today, however, we started laying the foundation.  LANAP is the laser, less-invasive, version of periodontal gum surgery.  It's also pricey.  But I  decided I'm  worth it.

The mouth has four quadrants -- upper and lower, right side and left side.  My dentist does two quadrants at a time.  Today we did the right  side.  We do the left side next Friday.

I am one of those people who have a tough time getting completely "numb" during the preparation for dental work.  Sometimes, the dentist hits the right spot.  Sometimes not.

Today, it was important that the entire right side of my mouth was good a numb.  It didn't "quite" get there, but I toughed it out.  And it was interesting.  When you can partially feel what is being done, you get a mental image of the laser at work.  I was never in pain, mind you.  Sometimes you just don't want to feel what is being done, even if you can  hear it (like the planing of the root of a tooth!!!).  It was a 2-hour procedure, and now I am home and cannot eat anything but soup/mushy stuff for the next three days, and only on the opposite side.

There! Now I've shared and you all get an idea of why I'm home and why I'll also be home next Friday!!!  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:14:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2008, 11:14:23 AM »

In other news, I did step out a little earlier to get my hair cut.  I was afraid that since it was Friday, and since I was getting to my barber shop a little later than usual that there would be quite a wait for a free chair/barber.  Well, when I got down to Chelsea, all the chairs were filled, but no one was waiting!  And, of course, as soon as I got seated, one of the barbers went on his lunch break, and three more guys walked in.  All in the timing.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »

Sorry, this particular one is in Encore, and unfortunately my Finale 2008 only converts earlier versions of Encore.

Well, a PDF would be fine too.  Or even an image file.  Although, I still have Encore on my PC laptop, so.. Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2008, 11:17:14 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I'm glad things went well at the dentist.  Have you stocked up on straws for the next couple of weeks, and checked the motor on your blender?
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »

Well that's quite a story, DR Ron Pulliam!  I hope it all works out as intended.  A minor inconvenience [though it may not feel so minor now] for a long-term gain.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »

DR George, my friend Bill Burden told me at Kim's engagement party that the CANDIDE was being released on commercial DVD. Is this a commercial release you've been viewing? Bill's a great guy and I've known him for several years now. I got him the role of the doctor on the John Yap MOST HAPPY FELLA. Bill's wife beautiful wife Carol was the Dory when I worked on GREENWILLOW for Utah Festival Opera. Bill and Carol met on a production of CANDIDE; she was the Cunegonde.

It's a DVD-R that I got on eBay (the seller has another copy right now).  It just has the title and theater printed (not hand written) on the DVD.  The case is very simple with a picture of something (I forget what), the title and the last names of the five major performers.  That's it.  It was only $20 or so, so it wasn't horribly expensive.  And the quality of the picture and sound are very good.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »

Hmm...  Well, it seems that the fourth hour of "The Today Show" has become the equivalent of a traffic accident that you can't look away from. :-\

I recorded it on Monday, the first day that Kathy Lee Gifford joined.  I guess I'll watch it sometime this weekend. ;)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:29:04 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »

Daniel Reichard IS Candide.

I remember when Robert Rounseville is Candide.

I remember when Denis Quilley is Candide.

I remember when Frank Poretta is Candide.

I remember when David Eisler is Candide.

I remember when Cris Groenendaal is Candide.

I remember when Jason Daniely is Candide.

I remember when Daniel Evans is Candide.

What else is new?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:34:48 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »

DR elmore - Wanna catch a movie this afternoon?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2008, 11:36:17 AM »

It's a DVD-R that I got on eBay (the seller has another copy right now).  It just has the title and theater printed (not hand written) on the DVD.  The case is very simple with a picture of something (I forget what), the title and the last names of the five major performers.  That's it.  It was only $20 or so, so it wasn't horribly expensive.  And the quality of the picture and sound are very good.

Bill said it had been taped for broadcast and commercial release
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »

What else is new?

There is nothing new under the sun.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

DR elmore - Wanna catch a movie this afternoon?

Yes, but I can't.  i've got a lot of NYPL updates to add to my notes.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2008, 11:38:50 AM »

Apparently a Speedo isn't a Speedo anymore...

George

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »

On a happier note, the "King's Barcarolle" from the Bill Burden-Anna Christy-Kim Criswell-Lambert Wilson CANDIDE at the Paris Opera.

DR George, I'm sure of one thing about CANDIDE: Kim Criswell has to sound better in the role for a legit mezzo than the over-parted Lupone. Also, I believe this production was based on the Scottish Opera libretto and not the 1973 Broadway Theatre version.

I love Patti, but I love Kim, also.  Kim sounds and is WONDERFUL in this. :D

George

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »

Bill said it had been taped for broadcast and commercial release

Now ya tell me! ::)

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up