Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FIRMWARE  (Read 31097 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FIRMWARE
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »

Back from a nice little work session with Kevin and Sean.  They'd staged the opening number of the act, and I just came in and made a couple of little adjustments and that was that.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »

PAGE FIVE CANDIDE IN PARIS DANCE!!

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:08:21 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »

I then had a problematic phone call from the Chance saying they didn't know if they were going to be able to afford the musicians for the show.  Needless to say, I was not happy and I have written a strong e-mail about it.  Obviously, at the very beginning it was agreed that they would pay for the piano, bass, and drums, and I would donate my salary back to pay for the additional two musicians.  Now I'm being told that we'll probably only be able to have the three.  Our musical director cannot possibly play all the stuff the reeds and second keyboard do, and I'm really annoyed about this.  Their having a board meeting tomorrow and I've suggested strongly they do what need be done to have this be right.  Frankly, I would not have agreed to doing the show had I known this back in January.  It's part of a big festival and a lot of people are going to be coming and I don't want the show presented in a way that doesn't serve the score.

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »

Are you sure that isn't a "concept staging" of "Please, Hello"?  ;)

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2008, 12:17:27 PM »

***MUSICIAN VIBES***[/size][/color]
for bk![/size][/color]

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2008, 12:19:28 PM »

Are you ready for this piece of insanity--I was trying to be a good environmentalist and recycled a priority box, turning it inside out to remail some stuff.  I crossed out all of the printing on the inside of the box (USPS), and mailed it.  It came back today--you cannot reuse priority boxes.  Isn't that insane?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »

Isn't that insane?

Your tax dollars at work.

singdaw

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »

JMK

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

DS Betsy's former radio station KEX is the one which "broke" (for want of a better term) the Tonya story.  It's one of the main reasons Betsy quit radio--KEX became all Tonya all the time.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »

"I asked for firmware, and instead they gave me this."

;D
Good one, Woody.

George

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »

Are you sure that isn't a "concept staging" of "Please, Hello"?  ;)

I wondered if it was inspired by it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2008, 12:42:12 PM »

Speaking of cabaret songs:

I have written a little comedy song entitled "Advice for the auditioning musical theater performer" (the subtitle gives away the joke, but let's just say that DR Jose and I live the joke many times a year).  If anyone would like it for their audition and/or act, email me at:

jeffrey_kauffman@msn.com

giving me your range, so that it is properly transposed, and I will gladly send it to you.   It was just used in a cattle call audition here and got a great response.

What's the range of the song, itself?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »

My sympathies with DR RON. Back when I had dental insurance they never wanted to pay for my crowns, despite charging high premiums. One year I joined what was supposed to be a top-rated HMO. The dental care I received from that dentist was far below what I'd received from any other. I haven't had dental insurance in many years and I don't miss it. In my view, there are areas in life where you can cut corners, and some where you really don't want to. Dental care is one area where I want things DONE RIGHT. I have a wonderful dentist now--and he isn't even expensive! I will indeed miss him when I move.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »

COMFORT VIBES to DR RON!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »

Good day one and all... Taking a break from writing...

I have a reflective essay and a rough draft due on Monday...

For some odd reason, I have the theme from 'RAWHIDE" in my head but instead of saying movin. movin, movin'.... I am hearing Writing, writing, writing
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »

Poor BK! Is this sort of management common in musical festivals? I was hoping that the NYMF was NOT typical.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

Singdaw, my dear friend, you are a fashion plate!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

For some odd reason, I have the theme from 'RAWHIDE" in my head but instead of saying movin. movin, movin'.... I am hearing Writing, writing, writing

You could do worse, Dakota!  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

Vibes to Ron and BK!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

THat is true Jeanne!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »

TOD:

CD: Lisa Lynne's Morning Glory, Derek Bell's Music for the ancient Irish harp, Peter Ostrousko' Minnesota.

DVD: empty at hte moment
VHS: Classic As the World Turns (1987)

Well dear freinds, I must return to the grind... TAke care and have a good afternoon. I will try to stop in later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »

This band thing has nothing to do with the Festival - it has to do with the theater, who seem to be having budget issues all of a sudden.  I'm happy to scrimp in other areas, but not the band.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »

The Old Woman in the SWEENEY TODD film never actually comes into contact with Sweeney until the end. I think this is to make his recognition of her (and she of him) less a problem.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »

You could do worse, Dakota!  :)

LOL!  I just got the same line from my DH when I called home at the beginning of my one hour not at a public service desk today.  When I complained about all the bottom-feeders who are in the building today, he said, "Well, you could have to be out there 5 days a week instead of just 1!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »

Apparently a Speedo isn't a Speedo anymore...
But basic black is still slimming.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »

While I cooked and ate lunch today, I put in the episode of BONES that's going to be shown tonight on Fox, and I had the Toshiba HD-DVD player do the upconverting.

The BONES second season box is the closest to HD-DVD when upconverted than any other TV series I have in my collection. Many times while watching this episode I had to keep reminding myself that it was sDVD.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

What's the range of the song, itself?

About two feet if you have a good arm.

It's a little over an octave--easy, easy.  I did it with an alto who had a pretty good high end, and had the tessitura from the Bb below middle C to the D# a 10th above middle C.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

BK - vibes for resolving the instrument issue.  No reeds?  How would one hear all those wonderful saxophone parts?  And why, oh why, does the saxophone always make me smile?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »

The Old Woman in the SWEENEY TODD film never actually comes into contact with Sweeney until the end. I think this is to make his recognition of her (and she of him) less a problem.

Yes, but I was trying to remember the stage version, which I haven't seen in years.  Doesn't she come by just as Sweeney is getting off the boat in the stage version?  At least that's what I remember, but y'all know how bad my memory is.  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

I could have sworn they were singing "Please Hello" from Pacific Overtures!

(Oh, Slunglow got there first.    ::))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:21:09 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up