Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CONDIMENTS AND GARNISHES  (Read 20259 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CONDIMENTS AND GARNISHES
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2005, 04:47:11 PM »

Yes, the 21st.

I shall now be on my way to the baby shower, with gift cert from Bellini's, a very high-end baby store in the Oaks of Sherman.  As it turned out, the Baby World which was literally two minutes from the home environment, has given up the ghost and is no more.

Michael

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2005, 04:50:42 PM »

Maybe if I can get a cheap flight I would love to have dinner at Joe Allen's
Never stop dreaming.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2005, 05:06:39 PM »

BK, yes, the heat here in LA is horrible.  Tewkes who loves his walks , just wants to get his business done and return home.  I hope this does not forbode a "long, hot summer".

The Lovely Wife & I have just spent the afternoon trying to beat the LA heat by soaking in the Jacuzzi and listening to the cast album of SPAMALOT.  

I glad Eric Idle is making a pile of money on the show and I sure hope all the musical numbers work in context with the show, because as a stand alone album of songs it's hopelessly banal.  Somewhat tired and laboured.  The tunes forgettable and the lyrics sound like they came out of someone's college review and are rather trite.   This is an album I suspect I will never listen to again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 05:13:02 PM by Charles Pogue »

Charles Pogue

« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2005, 05:14:29 PM »

The Lovely Wife says there's no "suspect" for her.  She'll not be listening to the album again.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2005, 05:16:07 PM »

Spamalot got all those Tony noms...and FROGS nothing?

Danise

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »

Humm, I just tried to up load again but this time it said my file was to big and had to be 200 KB.  

I've always been able to post a picture that was 480 X360--I was only trying to make the other one a bit bigger 500 X 500 so DR Charles Pogue could read it.  

I don't have time tonight to go back and resize them but I shall do it ASAP.  Sorry if you can't read the text.  

Laters!   :D

« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 05:38:20 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2005, 05:40:26 PM »

I guess I shall have to wait for my third (count'em) trip to Joe Allens until October.  Such is life.  Sigh.   :-\
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2005, 05:42:23 PM »

This coming Saturday, May 21?  I may be hobbling about, but I'll be there!  Perhaps DRS Rodzinski and Ben?  

I may be hobbling about, but I'll be there!   I like the sound of that!  Not the hobbling part but the I'll be there!    ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »

Hi, Danise...It's a good thing next Saturday is a work day for me or I'd be tempted to fly off to NYC for dinner at Joe Allen's.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2005, 05:46:16 PM »

You know it.  I guess that's what they call "Guys Night Out."
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2005, 05:46:53 PM »

That could have a double meaning.   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2005, 05:47:25 PM »

Have you any ideas as to when in October yet?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2005, 05:54:02 PM »

Have you any ideas as to when in October yet?

It's looking like I could do Oct. 1-5, the weekend of Oct. 15-17, or the weekend of Oct. 29-31.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2005, 05:58:41 PM »

Halloween in NYC--Now that's a thought but I think DR Jane said something about early in the month.

BTW, In case I didn't say it (I am getting old and forget the things I mean to say and the things I really said), Neil Diamond is out.  

I couldn't get a good ticket.  I'm sorry but I'll be hanged if I will pay $75.00 for a ticket that may or may not have an obstructed view.

Much as I like him, I have seen him before and besides, I’d much rather be in NYC with all of you.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2005, 06:15:35 PM »

Well, it's getting to that time of night for me.  I have to lay my clothes out for tomorrow, get my shower, etc, etc.  I wish you all a very pleasant evening.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2005, 06:24:11 PM »

It's looking like I could do Oct. 1-5, the weekend of Oct. 15-17, or the weekend of Oct. 29-31.

Does that mean the dates immediately following your conference, beginning the 9th, are now out?  

Danise is correct my visit to the NIH will most likely be the first have of the month.  And Holloween in NY does not appeal to me. ;D  Sitting and drinking wine and handing out treats at the Pogue's does. ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2005, 06:35:03 PM »

Der B got his bird book, all signed and everything.  I had fun spotting some of the porpoises around town.  They're sculptures, a basic fiberglass form that local artists have dolled up in various fashions.  Sometime later in the season they'll be auctioned off for charity.

We were getting spots of rain, so we headed home and finally got around to watching the film version of POTO.  Neither of us was impressed.

Tomorrow is another ladsitting day.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2005, 06:45:15 PM »

DR CP - the Indy Star did have an interview with Timothy Dalton, but it had an AP dateline, so it may be one you read already.  Here's the link though.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050514/ENTERTAINMENT/505140319/1005/ENTERTAINMENT
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 06:45:52 PM by JRand54 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2005, 06:46:26 PM »

I was Joe Allen's once in 1985 - in fact it would have been about 20 years ago this week!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2005, 06:59:54 PM »

Does that mean the dates immediately following your conference, beginning the 9th, are now out?

Yes, DR Jane, recently a big event has been put on the calendar at work for Oct. 12, so I now have to come directly back from Atlanta on the 9th  :'(

But, the good news is that the proposal I made for a presentation at the conference was accepted, so I'll be a speaker!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 07:01:30 PM by Ginny »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2005, 07:11:09 PM »

Ginny that might complicate things, time will tell.  If only the NIH didn't close for Columbus Day.

Have fun speaking at the conference.

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2005, 07:32:58 PM »

Rodzinski, I am impressed with you enjoyment of AIP films! Curious to know what some of your favorites are.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2005, 07:36:25 PM »

I have been E & T and also T & E but I have been busy busy, busy!

Yesterday after the meeting witha client, (getting some extra paper signed) getting eggy sandwiches for the family (ah, what a cook I am! )

I cleaned out the car, then took it for a lovely oil change, with extra charges paid for new radiator coolant and then took it to the car wash (since I got a free one with the oil change)

After the car was all nice and sparkling clean the Vixmom  Trio  headed into the city of New York.  Since we had a destination at 5th & 49th as well as 85th & Park we decided to park uptown (found a great place at  79th & Madison onlt $16.84 for the day)  we drove back and forth through Central Park just because we could and The Vixter was enchanted.. she didn't know there was a park in NYC.

(Oh dear, we must get into the city a bit more!!)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2005, 07:43:12 PM »

I have been E & T and also T & E

But hopefully not T & A, DR Vixmom!

MBarnum

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2005, 07:44:11 PM »

The 3 hour Survivor finale is on in 15 minutes! Woohoo... I do believe I am the only Survivor fan on HHW.

vixmom

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2005, 07:44:24 PM »

We grabbed a cab and head for the infamous American Girl Place.  The Vixter had gift certificates burning a hole on her pocker.  Mr. Vixmom had never toured the store before ,  JHis MO is to stand in the lobby looking helpless until a shopgirl  comes up to him and brings him whatever it is he wants to buy.  Well, he got the tour this time.  The Vixter showed him every section of every floor. When we got to the fourth floor she made her purchase  a set of Bitty Twins.

We then made the mistake of offering tolet her choose the dinner restaurant withthe proviso that it could not be mcDonalds OR the AGP.  She chose the Fridays directly across the street.  The prices were $10 over what they usually are, the service was terrible and the food forgettable... but she loved it.   "Finally" she said, "Finally I get to eat at a Fridays!!"  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:26:21 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2005, 07:46:04 PM »

But hopefully not T & A, DR Vixmom!

actually I corrected one of my typos I had originally stated that I was busy, busty, busy but that alas is not true.... ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2005, 07:47:51 PM »

Well, I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow morning is a short time at Rodgers & Hammerstein and then pre-op instructions at home.  Today was my last bit of solid food until probably Friday, depending on how I'm feeling.

Tonight I watched BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS, Stephen Fry's film of Waugh's novel VILE BODIES, which I don't know and now would like to read.  I enjoyed the film and its 30s fashion quite a lot, although I expected a comedy and found its tone more bleak than I expected.  The cast was quite good.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES was a hoot, and it seems to be spiraling out of control for the season finale.

So, DRRodzinski is on for Saturday night, BK, so the partay has begun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2005, 07:48:01 PM »

After dinner we began walking uptown on Fifth Avenue.  The Vixter was very impressed with trees growing on the roofs, the staue of Atlas at Rockerfeller Center and the Disney Store!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:28:33 PM by vixmom »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2005, 07:49:48 PM »

Jane-
The magazine website is readymademag.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up