News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WINDY  (Read 26587 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WINDY
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2006, 03:31:44 PM »

Hey, elmore, do you think said producer will send us opening night tix?  I'd love to be there, if only to deck him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

And one for Mahler.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2006, 03:53:42 PM »

"Juanita Banana" The Peels (1966)  - ("Cara Nome")

Yes!  I miss Derek every day.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2006, 03:58:42 PM »

Hey, elmore, do you think said producer will send us opening night tix?  I'd love to be there, if only to deck him.

With boughs of holly?  I don't think we'll make the invitation list for the show or the opening night party
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2006, 04:00:39 PM »

Hi all,
I found out my boss and the AO in our office will be in LA for training in a week or two.  I told them about DECEIT and will send them the link in the morning. I don't know if they will get there, but they sounded interested.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »

And just how does one properly pronounce "Quogue"?

-And I still get mystified by "Worcester", and it's close relative, "Worcestershire".  ;)

Woost'-er

Woost'-er-sher'

(Rather the same, I'd think, when pronouncing "Chorcester", or "Choost'-er")

:D

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:04:17 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »

Strangely enough(?), I have never worked on Hello, Dolly!, nor any other Jerry Herman show.

...But I have done every Sondheim show except for The Frogs, so...  That must count for sumthin'!

This is the fourth time I've played "Hello, Dolly", I've played "Mame" and "Mack and Mabel" AND "Jerry's Girls" and loved every minute of each of them.  Jerry Herman is so much fun to work on.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:13:22 PM by Matthew »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »

As I was saying... ;-)

DR Jane - I've been very good about stretching before and after my exercises.  However, I think I may have "over-stretched" after my long run the other day.  The heat pack/wrap did wonders for me today, and I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will take the rest of the "twinge" away.

However, I do have to say that it's been very nice being able to touch my toes without having to bend my knees as much as I used to.  Ah, flexibility.

Have you tried an ice pack in the evenings?  Are you sure you are doing the correct stretches for your back?  I speak from experience.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »

Deathtrap? ???

Nope.  Try one year later.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2006, 05:47:56 PM »

Rodzinsky the actor who plays the younger brother in THE SQUID is the son of Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates.

FJL when I think South Beach I think rich and ritzy.   Of course Jose knew the details. :)

Ben the pictures are wonderful.  Cardiff would be a cute name for a dog.

Jane

« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

CP I’m excited your library is almost completed.  I know how good it will feel to have your friends around you again.

Good rain vibes, sans lighting, to Tomovoz.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2006, 06:02:19 PM »

I just went to start viewing the Disney tapes and lo and behold my VCR isn't working.  You push "play" and it tries to start, then just reverts back to "stop".  It's not the Disney tapes, as I tried several others.  When last I used it six months ago, it was working just fine.  Any notions as to why it's doing this?

Tomovoz

« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2006, 06:07:33 PM »

Blame it on Jose BK.
Can you fast forward and rewind a tape first?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »

Two Matt fans are making a return visit.... and one them will be making anotheor visit also....

Being entertained on another board at an interesting casting rumour...

Anyone watch Desperate HOusewives....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »

DeltaCelt is your night job teaching sign language?

Jane

« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2006, 06:30:21 PM »

Jose check out Fog City Diner: http://www.fogcitydiner.com
Darn, it appears their wonderful macaroni and cheese now has ham in it, not that you would care.

I would avoid Ghirardelli Square and even Fisherman’s Warf, both unfortunately have lost their charm over the years.

If you weren’t flying home so quickly I might suggest the Stinking Rose if you have never been there, but I won’t.  Everything, including the ice cream has garlic in it and I for one would not want to sit next to you on the plane.

I wish I could remember our two favorite Italian restaurants in the area.  Our favorite Chinese restaurant is not convenient.  I don’t even know if there are any excellent Chinese restaurants left in Chinatown.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »

I hope Bruce didn't need to rush out and purchase a new VCR player.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 06:44:59 PM by Jane »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2006, 06:32:49 PM »

No, when you push rewind or fast-forward it just reverts to stop again.  It's completely weird.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2006, 06:39:51 PM »

These days I expect it is cheaper to buy a new player than repair an old one!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2006, 06:40:16 PM »

Can you borrow one?
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2006, 06:47:29 PM »

These days I expect it is cheaper to buy a new player than repair an old one!

It is!  However, I personally would try to get it fixed first instead of filling up the landfills, but BK probably doesn't have the time to wait to get it fixed.  My parents bought a used RV last year and it had a TV and a DVD player in it.  The DVD player didn't work, but I took it to a place to see what was wrong with it.  It was a little belt that broke and simple to replace.  It cost only $32 total (I've seen brand new DVD players for as little as $29.95!) but it's a great DVD player now.  It can play PAL and multi-region discs and has a five-disc resume feature!  I can play a DVD, swap it out and play up to four different DVDs, go back to the first and it'll start from where I left off!  That's a feature that I think is worth $32 alone!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2006, 06:47:29 PM »

DeltaCelt is your night job teaching sign language?

I do that on the side. I owrk in an academic library
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »

I hope Bruce didn't need to rush out and purchase a new VCR player.

I have two VCR's.... One is a nealry 20 yrs old and runs like a charm and the other isa combo..

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2006, 06:49:51 PM »

I've also had several VCRs over the years that I've gotten fixed, even though newer models were cheaper.  I've found that the older models still work better and are worth fixing.  Just my 2¢.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »

Jose check out Fog City Diner: http://www.fogcitydiner.com
Darn, it appears their wonderful macaroni and cheese now has ham in it, not that you would care.

I would avoid Ghirardelli Square and even Fisherman’s Warf, both unfortunately have lost their charm over the years.

Jose - I would second all of Jane's advice and add Lehr's Greenhouse.  Very near the Curran, I think.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2006, 06:58:28 PM »

I do that on the side. I owrk in an academic library

Right, you did mention something about the library-sorry I forgot.  

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2006, 06:58:56 PM »

Tonights LP cover, dedicated to Jane. By Miss Tammy Grimes...

Jane

« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »

Ginny the Greenhouse is pretty, maybe next time I'm in the city again.

'night-off to watch BLEAKHOUSE.

Jane

« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2006, 07:02:38 PM »

Rodzinski-I'm so glad I saw that before leaving.  Thank you. :D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »

Sorry if my memory is remiss but I recall someone being a fan of Bollywood movies. NBC daytime is taking a crack at Bollywood....

It is sad....

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 07:03:56 PM by DakotaCelt »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up