Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA  (Read 23070 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »

Bruce, I'm very disappointed I will not be starting your book today as I had planned.  I can't hold it with only my right hand.  I would prefer not to feel so lousy when I'm reading it anyway.

Won't Keith read it aloud to you?

;D 

he doesn't like to read to me.

Jane

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »

Team CLOSER are struggling with spots next door that I could have done in an hour. Really crazy not to be using a system when all the many hours of media are already in here and organized. And I'm done for my session for the day. Buh-bye. In an hour I get to go to a get-together to celebrate all the series launches, but as far as I know, I'm the only one not going forward since the other editors who were dropped from series are in-house and will be put on other things. It may be uncomfortable but I really want to leave the door open for future work so it seems like a good idea. Right now...

good idea to go.  vibes they realize their error and hire you back!

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »

Feel better, Jane ~~~~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »

thanks.  i keep getting worse by the minute & keep hoping if my cold continues to progress at the same speed it will be all gone by tomorrow.  that would be a first.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2010, 02:41:35 PM »

Team CLOSER are struggling with spots next door that I could have done in an hour. Really crazy not to be using a system when all the many hours of media are already in here and organized. And I'm done for my session for the day. Buh-bye. In an hour I get to go to a get-together to celebrate all the series launches, but as far as I know, I'm the only one not going forward since the other editors who were dropped from series are in-house and will be put on other things. It may be uncomfortable but I really want to leave the door open for future work so it seems like a good idea. Right now...

The big problem with an "I told you so" situation, as I learned on my Library of Congress debacle, is that no one wins!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2010, 03:07:06 PM »

Back from a really nice lunch with someone I haven't seen since 1974 and the Morgan Theater production of my show Feast.  Interesting.  This gal is like the premiere Lucille Ball impersonator now, and she has a one woman show directed by Lucie Arnaz.  I'll see it in October.  I had a Chinese Chicken Salad at Mo's that was just right - not heavy and really good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2010, 03:09:08 PM »

RLP, that's all I was saying - a bonus, for history's sake.  It would be like me putting out the director's version of The Creature Wasn't Nice - a completely different film in many ways from the hack job that is Spaceship/Naked Space - but I wouldn't put the director's version out without including the hack job, too, because that's the film people really know and despite it being lousy, some people grew up with it and love it.  I don't prefer the shorter version of A Star Is Born, but it would just be nice to have it as an extra, just to watch it again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

OH MY GOSH!  Did you all hear about my new i-phone?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »

I think I'll be standing in a VERY long line tomorrow to get mine.  Although they told me NOT to come in the morning, but around noon or one.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »

OH MY GOSH!  Did you all hear about my new i-phone?

no, tell us about it ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »

RLP, that's all I was saying - a bonus, for history's sake.  It would be like me putting out the director's version of The Creature Wasn't Nice - a completely different film in many ways from the hack job that is Spaceship/Naked Space - but I wouldn't put the director's version out without including the hack job, too, because that's the film people really know and despite it being lousy, some people grew up with it and love it.  I don't prefer the shorter version of A Star Is Born, but it would just be nice to have it as an extra, just to watch it again.

Understood.

Re: Your earlier comments about the sound:  I, too, was a bit taken aback at the sound issues in the first part of "A Star is Born."  The earlier DVD sounded great.  I've read that this is the first issue of the film without "compressed sound."  I think they might have considered compressing "some of it".  I think the  muffled (or blanketed...like someone put a blanket over a speaker) overture is disappointing since the music is so utterly splendid throughout the film

Ray Heindorf did a magnificent job with his underscore.  Great to see him "on screen".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:35:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

KevinH

« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »

Isn't air conditioning one of the best inventions ever?!  It's 93 here right now-I think it was higher earlier.  Ugh!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:22 PM »

Isn't air conditioning one of the best inventions ever?!  It's 93 here right now-I think it was higher earlier.  Ugh!

It most definitely IS one of the best-ever devices man has concocted...ESPECIALLY when it's 93 or just miserably uncomfortable indoors.

To add just a bit of insult, though, we are having the most extraordinarly cool June ever.  Current temp is 73, but we have a bay breeze and that's a bit of natural AC.   

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

DRs, can I please ask you again for more real estate vibes toward selling this damned property in Ohio? I hate to keep bugging Randy about it, and Macbeth and Lady M, as they have done since Feb 2007, will do nothing, although they'll both get burns on their writsts reaching for the check from the buyer as son as it's signed.

I'm in Manhattan so I can do nothing but send property-will-sell vibes and ask you to do the same!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »

Hey BK, if you need help putting together the Gardenia shows, how about that  helper girl you had working for you?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Just saw DS Rob off to paramedic school and now I'm gearing up for grocery shopping and food prep for tomorrow evening at the synod.  I'm making a veggie tray with dill dip, cocktail weenies in chili sauce, and a hot cheese spread with dried beef and green peppers.

Hey Ginny, wouldn't it be cool if we could find Rob one of these lunch boxes to take to school??

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »

yes, except when it gives you a chill during the night and by morning you have a cold :(

Jane

« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2010, 04:08:21 PM »

tbc-great idea for the lunch box :) 

Laura

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:27 PM »

I have been out all day while DR Sandra has been taking care of kittens. They are all running around the room playing at the moment. No one is hiding under the leopard-spotted fainting couch, which makes me very happy. I think they were turned in to the pound about ten days ago and were kept in a cage in the foster coordinator's office, and then caged here. I don't think they have had much opportunity to run and play. They are having a GRAND time!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »

A Portable Vice -  where can I get one of those ;D

How strange!  I used to have a potable vice.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »

I have been out all day while DR Sandra has been taking care of kittens. They are all running around the room playing at the moment. No one is hiding under the leopard-spotted fainting couch, which makes me very happy. I think they were turned in to the pound about ten days ago and were kept in a cage in the foster coordinator's office, and then caged here. I don't think they have had much opportunity to run and play. They are having a GRAND time!

:D

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:28 PM »

DR TCB - Thanks for the lunchbox suggestion, I really think he'd rather go to the Indian restaurant near school for chicken vindaloo.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »

Bruce, I'm very disappointed I will not be starting your book today as I had planned.  I can't hold it with only my right hand.  I would prefer not to feel so lousy when I'm reading it anyway.

Won't Keith read it aloud to you?

;D 

he doesn't like to read to me.

DH Richard read aloud to me from Irving Stone's Those Who Love while I was undergoing a fetal stress test 25 years ago.  In utero, Rob was most active when he heard his father's voice  :)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »

Cute Ginny.  Needing a fetal stress test sounds scary.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »

Most esteemed bk - will you be singing at the sing-along "Grease"?   If so, what parts will you really want to sing?

I will sit there like so much fish.  Barry needed a date for the screening and I'm it.

Barry Pearl needed a date and you are it?  Well, I can see what direction Part Two of the autobiography is going to be taking.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »

I just canceled PT for tomorrow :(

Prime Time?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2010, 04:31:32 PM »

The nurse in the photo just passed away at the age of 91.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100623/lf_nm_life/us_shain_1/

Sadly, that sailor broke her back and she was never able to walk again.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

I just canceled PT for tomorrow :(

Prime Time?

physical therapy.  i still go twice a week-sigh

Jane

« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »

tcb, i responded cuz i wasn't sure if you were making a joke ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up