Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YORK, NEW YORK  (Read 19160 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:NEW YORK, NEW YORK
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2005, 09:53:25 PM »

A scoop for you:
Despite the press release, Christina Applegate is holding on to the idea of opening SWEET CHARITY, and has the contract to back her up. The foot break was real, though it was done on a very basic move. Word is she is not what one would call excellent in her song and dance numbers, even fully healthy, so the producers are ready to throw in the real talent, but CA has the contract that says if she can open, she must. There is a real tug o' war going on right now that I am told gives the show a 50-50 chance of opening at all.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2005, 09:55:14 PM »

Page "10" starring Bo Derek and Dudley Moore.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2005, 10:00:23 PM »

Der Brucer and I dined very nicely tonight, on corned beef and cabbage.

I was able to get the corned beef thawed in time, and set it to simmering while we got some shopping done.

Our first stop was over at Partner's Bistro, more so that we could chat over libations.  A duo was playing, she on keyboards and singing and he on bass guitar and singing sort of.  She had a very nice voice, somewhere between Toni Tennille and Helen Reddy.  I'm not too sure where his voice was coming from, and that is not a compliment.

Then we went and forraged some cabbage and carrots and taters, and returned home.  There's a trick to corned beef, in the New England dinner style.  The trick is to take the corned beef out of the water and let it rest, while the vegetables cook.  Without the resting period, the corned beef can't slice properly.

It sliced very nicely tonight.

Yum.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2005, 10:12:26 PM »

I leave the figuring out of the Angus McIndoe split to you, Jose.  You are now officially in charge.  I shall have a few small bills, some medium henrys, and one large frank.  I originally had another name there, but decorum prevailed.  Don't you love when decorum prevails?  Hold off posting for a second whilst I post the new notes.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up