Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 40445 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 07:49:04 AM »

I went to buy CURTAINS (OCR) last night, and I was shocked at the price. SInce when have CDs gone to a $19.99 list price! Even Amazon's discount wasn't much. I may have to Deep Discount this one so I can take advantage of their current sale.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 07:50:04 AM »

I was just about to listen to THE BUBBLY BLACK GIRL when two packages from down under arrived at my desk--the HHW Birthday Hits from DR Tomovoz!!!  I am listening and grooving to our songs now!  Wow!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 07:51:25 AM »

Page Three "Aunt Marge floats" Dnace!!!

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 07:53:52 AM »

TOD - The already-mentioned good-and-bad-times of support for one another and the sparkling award-show nights.  I also love seeing the photos of Hainsies and Kimlets (just what is the difference) and attending gatherings, both in person and "virtually."  Personally, I appreciate having friends out there in the dark when DH Richard is out of town and when things get ugly here at work.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 07:54:39 AM »

I was just about to listen to THE BUBBLY BLACK GIRL when two packages from down under arrived at my desk--the HHW Birthday Hits from DR Tomovoz!!!  I am listening and grooving to our songs now!  Wow!

I listened to the HHW Birthday Hits CD on my way to work this morning and smiled all the way!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 07:57:09 AM »

I went to buy CURTAINS (OCR) last night, and I was shocked at the price. SInce when have CDs gone to a $19.99 list price! Even Amazon's discount wasn't much. I may have to Deep Discount this one so I can take advantage of their current sale.

Ouch, DR Matt!  Amazon charged me only $12.99 when I ordered it.  That's a huge increase!  

The think I've learned about Amazon is to place order as soon as possible.  You lock into the price if it rises but it will decrease if the price drops before shipping.  I had found far too often that if you put off ordering after the initial relase date, the price rises by a dollar or two.  But seven bucks!  Sheesh!  I don't blame you for shopping elsewhere!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 07:58:23 AM »

One of my favorite memories was the day when Pogue and Mrs. Pogue were both posting to each other from different rooms of their home.  :)

DVD Advice:  I've already placed my first mega-order with DDD during their sale, but will do another one next week after next Tuesday's releases.  I'd love for people to tell me about their favorite releases over the last few months, in case there's something I've missed.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 08:01:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: INTROMIT!
Back in the early, conceptualizing days of The Muppet Show, it was planned for a smaller frog to introduce Kermit on every episode.  The smaller frog was to be known as the INTROMIT.  When the producers realized that this would be redundant, and that Kermit needed no introduction, the design for the INTROMIT was recycled into Kermit's nephew, Robin.

I totally made this up, but it sure sounds like it could have happened.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 08:03:33 AM »

DR JigSaw has started mooning.  I blame RON.

I accept all responsibilities, and then some.

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 08:05:11 AM »

A stately French Minuet seems to be in order.

and one for Minuet.

Hey!  Wait just one minuet!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 08:08:45 AM »

Vote for Amanda Mitchell

Thank you.  You can read all the entries here.  I couldn't see the link posted by DR SINGDAW....so here it is again.

http://www.flyergroup.com/

I have cast 10 votes this a.m.   She was nicely in first place, but not by much.

Poor M. Wade Wingler -- he may be scarred for life by HainesHisWay.com.  And he will never know it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 08:09:33 AM »

Rob Lowe's golf ball hits flying bird
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa -- A ball hit by Rob Lowe during a celebrity golf game hit the Iowa state bird in mid-flight Wednesday.

The 43-year-old actor was hitting an approach shot on the fourth hole when his ball hit a goldfinch, dropping about 50 yards short of the green, The Des Moines Register reported.

As the rest of the players in his group broke out in laughter and applause, Lowe raised his arms in mock celebration.

"That's my birdie," he said after looking at the bird, which lay motionless on the ground.

"That's unbelievable. Who comes here and kills the state bird? Only me."

Lowe, who appears on ABC's "Brothers & Sisters," was playing in Principal Charity Classic Pro-Am at the Glen Oaks Country Club. He also starred in NBC's "The West Wing."

R.I.P.
So, the goldfinch was hit by a Lowe ball?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »

It is and I will.

TLA Video says UGLY BETTY Season 1 will be released on 8/21/07.  I just ordered mine.

You're an old softy, Larry Moore....with a HUGE heart.  Arentcha?  Huh! Huh?  Arentcha?

singdaw

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »

Poor M. Wade Wingler -- he may be scarred for life by HainesHisWay.com.

Scarred for Life by HHW...perhaps that should be the title of my next novel?

Or should it be Scared for Life?   :)

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »

Ouch, DR Matt!  Amazon charged me only $12.99 when I ordered it.  That's a huge increase!  

The think I've learned about Amazon is to place order as soon as possible.  You lock into the price if it rises but it will decrease if the price drops before shipping.  I had found far too often that if you put off ordering after the initial relase date, the price rises by a dollar or two.  But seven bucks!  Sheesh!  I don't blame you for shopping elsewhere!

Yes, usually, Amazon keeps their low price (at least on DVDs) for a few days after the day of release, but decidedly not on CURTAINS. Oh, well.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 08:16:35 AM »

DR JRand56 - she's not quite in 1st place at this very moment, but she's close, and in the running.

For those DRs who may wish to cast an extra vote or two, here is the link.

I have to tell ya....the vote count doesn't change every time someone casts a vote.  I've voted, closed the link, reopened it and voted again.  And the vote total stays the same.

Anyone know how they're working that?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »

So, the goldfinch was hit by a Lowe ball?

[GROAN]

(You DO have your moments, S. Woody!)  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »

Having lunch with friends today, so I need to head down now and get cleaned up.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

I can't think of any particular favorite memories of HHW, but I know that there have been so many times on this board that I have laughed out loud! Each of the HHW get togethers in NY and LA will be some of my fondest memories for life! I have made some great friends on this board and look forward to making many more!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 08:19:08 AM »

Vote for Amanda Mitchell

Thank you.  You can read all the entries here.  I couldn't see the link posted by DR SINGDAW....so here it is again.

http://www.flyergroup.com/

He had the link underneath the word "here"....click on "here" (in his post, not this one), and the link will open.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:20:00 AM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 08:20:31 AM »

And the vote total stays the same.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing, myself...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 08:22:52 AM »

Yes, I was wondering the same thing, myself...

It makes me think you're allowed one vote per day per e-mail address (or however they are monitoring it).  You'd certainly think they'd have far more votes than the 1233 or so that have been posted, thus far.  

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 08:28:32 AM »

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »

I have to tell ya....the vote count doesn't change every time someone casts a vote.  I've voted, closed the link, reopened it and voted again.  And the vote total stays the same.

I've tried deleting my cookies.  That seems to make the number of votes increase.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2007, 08:33:13 AM »

I have heard a lot of strange reasons for people quitting their jobs, but yesterday one of our checkers left for a bad one.

It seems Herb was miffed two weekends ago, because at the height of the Memorial Day Weekend Rush he didn't have a bagger.  He felt that he was being asked to do too much, to bag groceries as well as run them past the scanner.

Me, I thought that bagging was part of the job.  Part of why I'm good as a checker is that I'm a danged good bagger, quick and efficient.  I almost never have someone else doing my bagging for me.

Yes, during the Memorial Day weekend we had lines.  We had a lot more customers that weekend than we usually have.  I survived quite well without a bagger.  In fact, I enjoyed the rush of that weekend... it really was a "rush".

Buh-bye, Herb.

Then again, I'm not one to spend my time complaining about the conditions at work, not without first trying to make them better myself.  Yesterday, on what was supposed to be a short, four hour shift, within minutes of when I was supposed to clock out, I was asked to stay for an additional four hours because of of the cart wranglers had decided to call out.  Yep, I was out in the parking lot again, wrangling carts.  Helping old ladies lift their heavy bags into their cars.  Picking up trash.  If the kid who had called out had been there, he'd have spent his shift sitting on his butt, ignoring the old ladies and the trash, and only fetching the carts when he felt like it.

Dixie, my boss, and I have been plotting out how to correctly train the new crop of wranglers.  The biggest problem is making sure I get ahold of the new kids before the old wranglers (the ones who constantly call out) teach them the bad work habits.

End of rant.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2007, 08:34:28 AM »

I've tried deleting my cookies.  That seems to make the number of votes increase.

Fortunately I don't live near Levain, or I would be deleting a *lot* of cookies!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »

I've tried deleting my cookies.

I guess that's better than tossing them.

[Some DR made this joke yesterday, too.]

:P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2007, 08:40:16 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.. But it seems like the internet connection here keeps wanting to go back to bed.  It's being very intermittent right now. Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.

My favorite HHW moments are when new folks join us and we are always warm and welcoming to them.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2007, 08:55:25 AM »

Dear DR SWoody, if I may make a suggestion. I suggest that you tell the new baggers/cart wranglers to treat the little old ladies the way you would hope someone would treat their grandmothers.

I also think that all old women should be helped out to their cars. It is safer for them. We have had purse snatchers locally. One chinchy bassa knocked over an old woman for her purse, which broke her hip, and she subsequently died. Then there is the case of the young girl abducted from the Target parking lot a few days ago. The more folks in the parking lot, the safer everyone is.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up