Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: SOME KNOCKOFF FISH FROM GUAM  (Read 47632 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:SOME KNOCKOFF FISH FROM GUAM
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »

Oh. I thought SAB stood for stupid-ass bitch.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20:58 AM »

SAB Dance!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

td

• td
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

And one for DerBrucer:
This recording is in your collection. You can click below to specify which release you have.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

singdaw

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »

I thought SAB stood for

:o

Can this be our very own dear sweet Laura?

;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »

I'm heading down now to check the mail, clean the den, and then get lunch started.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

Do you have perfect pitch, DR JMK?  If so, I can imagine that a thing like that could really drive one crazy.

No, but I have pretty extreme relative pitch.   ;D  Especially when I'm listening to something and then playing on a keyboard I know is tuned to A440.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2008, 09:43:26 AM »

One of my closest friends' father, Chuck, has been ill for some time, and we knew that the end was close at hand, so I have been trying to spend some time with the family. He was getting hospice care at home so I was able to visit him there a few times. When he finally went into an official hospice it was during my double session days, so I didn't see him there, but I think it was better for the family to spend his last days alone with him and not dealing with a lot of visitors.

He passed on Sat. so I've been helping with funeral prep, mainly choosing musicians to play and sing. My first thought, upon being asked to do this was: "I wish Singdaw lived here!"
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

td

• td
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

)))))) DR Edisaurus' friends(((((

Edisaurus

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »

Oh. I thought SAB stood for stupid-ass bitch.

ROTFLOL!  ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:47 AM »

My mom and her partner have been together for about 17 years, I think. Even though they have never married, his kids think of us as their family and refer to us as step-sibs and my mom as their step-mom. I really like that, and so I may now start referring to Naz as my step-father.

So, anyway, to add further to the drama, my step-father's mom passed away on Monday. She doesn't live in town and I've never met her (she's from Lebanon but has lived out west with her grandchildren for quite some time). She was 95, so that was a good, long life. But she fell and broke her hip, had surgery, went into a coma and that was the end.

He seems to be coping well with the news...I haven't talked to his kids about it yet.

singdaw

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2008, 09:55:38 AM »

DR Edisaurus -

So sorry to hear this.

**VIBES OF CONSOLATION & COMFORT***[/size][/color]
to the two families suffering loss[/size][/color]

Oh, and thanks for the compliment; wish I could help.  But there are many eminent musicians here at HHW far more qualified than I to assist with such a task!

Edisaurus

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2008, 09:56:55 AM »

)))))) DR Edisaurus' friends(((((

Thanks td. He was the father of the sisters who produced THE ADVENTURES OF OCIEE NASH, a wonderufl children's film that I edited. I've been friends with the girls since college, and they were VERY close to their parents, especially Dad.

When they were filming the movie, the parents were there every single day; making hundreds of cookies for the crew, being extras, getting their friends to invest, and supporting their director daughter. They were always so open and hospitable and everyone always felt at home and part of the family. It's hard to think of him not being with us any more.

Edisaurus

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »

Hope I'm not bumming everyone out!

("Go back to lurking, Edisaurus!")

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2008, 09:58:21 AM »

For me on tv tonight: AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, BIG BROtHER, IDOL results and MEN IN TREES.

My local paper said today that only 5M people watched the latter and that it has a good chance of getting cancelled.

Btw, re: IDOL, i'm really not sure who will go home. But i have a feeling it could be a surprise.

I really enjoyed david cook (he does great when he changes songs). I also liked michael johns (this and his "bohemian rhapsody" in hollywood were the only 2 performances of his i've loved). I don't like kristy, but thought she did very well last night. I still like brooke white a lot.

I agree with DR Jose, about Remi. I could see her being B3, and Chikezie. It's getting tough though.

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »

Vibes for DR Edi's friends and family. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FJL

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »

So sorry about your sad news, Amy.  

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS RESULTS show

SPOILER SPACE

fdlfjd flkdjfl jdlf jdlfkjdlfj dlfj dlfjdlfjdlfjdlfjdljfldjf djfljdfkl djflkdjfkljdf
I must say that i was very satisfied with both eliminations. For the first time, the weakest (IMO) man and woman left.
jflkd fljdf jdlfj j dlfjldfj ldjfldjfkldfjldjfk djfkljdf djfkljdf jdflkjdlfkjdlfjdf

jldfjld fkljdfl djflkjdflkjd lfkjdfkjdlfjldfjldfjl fljdlfjdfjldfjkldjflkdjflkjdfdfjd
Right now there are not that many celebs who i love. But i am very fond of kristi (skater) and marissa (of HAIRSPRAY fame). I was pretty sure that monica seles would go (she was the worst at it and so stiff). Although i had read that priscilla presley was not that popular (on dialidol). For the men i was a little surprised. I mean i had narrowed it down to penn, steve guttenberg or christian going. And i really think that christian probably stayed based only on cheryl (his partner's fan base). Same for adam. I think he stayed because of his partner (julianne hough). I know i voted for him for this reason (just love her).
ljl dflkjd fljdlf ldjfl jdflkjd lfkjdlfj dfj ldjflkjdfl jdfljdlfj dlfjdlfjdlfj dlfjdl

td

• td
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »

DR Edisaurus - have you caught up with yesterday's postings?  They're sure to bring a smile to your face. . .

[size=10]FIGS![/size]

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »

My girlfriend told me something that I thought I'd share. You know how some people, including myself, latch onto things as "signs" after a person passes on? It may not mean anything, but it's a way to tell ourselves that everything's ok and helps us deal with the loss.

She said that on his last day, all the family members had just spent the day with him, and they all told him that it was OK for him to go and that the rest of the family was waiting for him on the other side. After his granddaughter (adopted from China by his daughter and her partner) left,  he quietly passed on.

After things were taken care of, the rest of the family walked out into the parking lot, and a huge hawk appeared. It circled around, following them to their car. It seemed to take such an unusual interest in them that they noticed it and speculated that maybe it represented their father. They said goodbye to it and wshed it well on its journey, and then it took off and soared into the heavens, so high it was completely out of sight, as if it had, indeed, gone to heaven.

That image is somehow comforting to me, too.

Edisaurus

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »

Another daughter just called me. She put together a video slide show, and used "I'll Be Seeing You"...I think it was Etta James' version. She showed it to her mom and sister who immediately both broke down.

She is going to havew this playing at the gathering at their home afterwards on a loop and called me because she said she always refers to me for questions about music. So of course, I'm all emotional right now and not thinking clearly, so I am phoning a friend: HHW.

Can anyone think of a song tha might be appropriate but not so tear-inducing? A little more upbeat? I'd like to give her a few options. I'm also going to look thru my massive itunes...

Thanks!

Edisaurus

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »

Oh, the other drama was on Easter, when my brother, who lived in NC showed up. He had an injured hand (he's a carpenter) but hadn't sought medical help because he has "such a high deductable on his insurance."

It looked bad, as though it would require at least a half-dozen stiches. My DH noticed that he wasn't using it and was able to find an emergency care facility to see him and whisked him away before anyone knew what was going on.

It was too late to stitch it but they cleaned it up and gave him antibiotics and hopefully it will heal OK. But he will have a hell of a scar!

I'm so glad to be married to such a mensch, who always knows the right thing to do.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »

Beautiful stories, DR Edisaurus.

Here are a few suggestions:

"Days of Plenty", from Little Women
"I'll Be Here With You"  [David Friedman, sung by Nancy LaMott]
"Listen to My Heart" [David Friedman, sung by Nancy LaMott]
"Anytime" [I Am There] from William Finn's Elegies
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:32:50 AM by singdaw »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2008, 10:38:16 AM »

Oh, DR DerBrucer - if you give me an example, I'll go dive in and make a choice.   ;)

Let me check - I have a bunch of LPs, that I also have on CD, which I would trade (Like SUGAR _OBC)

I also have a lot of LPs I would give up if I replaced them with CDs (Like OBC Stop The World)

I also have lots of LPs (not on CDs, yet, I think) that I would consider giving up if someone made me a CD copy (1176 Film, Billy OLC, Christine OBC, Robbergroom - and lots more)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »

IT'S ASK BK DAY!

Question:

Now that I'm filling my IPod, what are the 10 Essential Bruce Kimmel-produced cds to put in it?

What piece of music should no IPod be without?

Even DRs may pipe in with their opinions - are you listening DR Ron Pulliam?

Oh, DR MBarnum, I have a few Bollywood soundtracks entered, my favorite is KUCH NAA KAHO.

"Getting Away With You" should be on every iPod and personal playlist that you create for your iPod.   I'm just sayin'....

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2008, 10:42:23 AM »

:o

Can this be our very own dear sweet Laura?

;D

I've been giving her lessons!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2008, 10:42:49 AM »

No, but I have pretty extreme relative pitch.   ;D  Especially when I'm listening to something and then playing on a keyboard I know is tuned to A440.   ;D

Can you adjust the pitch on the keyboard???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2008, 10:47:11 AM »

TOTD...

Questions for BK:

What is the most obscure show you can think of that deserved to be a bigger hit?

What is your favorite obscure original-cast album?

What hit show(s) deserved to be shrouded in obscurity?

What question(s) do you have for me?

:D

A play I saw called Time Of The Barracudas, here in LA in what was supposed to be its pre-Broadway engagement.  Written by Peter Barnes, I thought it was very funny (and very black, as in dark) and Laurence Harvey and Elaine Stritch were wonderful.  It went nowhere, mostly because Miss Stritch was in her drinking days.

Favorite obscure cast album would probably be Whoop-Up, not that it's that obscure.

Hit show that shouldn't have been - most of what's been on Broadway for the last ten years. :)

Are you coming to see The Brain?

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »

I saw The New Century last night. It's a group of 4 plays written by Paul Rudnick.

One of the things I have missed since moving from NYC to L.A. is seeing plays on and off Broadway. But in particular, I've missed seeing Rudnick's plays. One of my very favorite theater experiences was seeing "I Hate Hamlet." I've read both of Rudnick's novels and I own every play of his that has been published. (I still haven't read my newest acquisition, "No Regrets," but I'm looking forward to it.)

Did anybody ever see Rudnick's play "The Naked Truth"? I missed that one and it's never come out in print.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:20 AM »

The second question is for BK.

What, if anything, did you have to do with the 1994 CD release from Varese Sarabande of The Secret Garden?  The producer of note is Robert Sher and you're listed as the Executive Producer. I see that it was recorded in London and New York in 1986 but not released until 1994. I just picked it up at Academy for $4.99

I licensed it from Mr. Sher for release on CD on Varese - same with Bring Back Birdie and Prettybelle.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »

BK - I meant to ask you this yesterday, but since I forgot, and since today is now Ask BK Day, well...

Which recording of Thou Shalt Not were you listening too?  I'm guessing you were listening the one that was packaged with the Pajama Game revival:

As opposed to this one (which you can "click" for more info):

-Which was released as an "Only Available from Amazon.com" CD initially.  -It still may be. ???

Yes, the one that's packaged with the not so hot Pajama Game revival recording.  It's just Connick and Kelli O'Hara on the CD.  I stuck it out to the end, but boy is it unmemorable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up