Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOUSE WITH NO BALLS  (Read 12077 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE MOUSE WITH NO BALLS
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2009, 03:03:50 PM »

I know it's not Wednesday, but - bk - are there still plans to eventually release the "Sean & Kevin Show" on DVD?

Yes, early next year.  I was hoping to make Christmas, but it can't happen now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2009, 03:05:05 PM »

I'm noting the suggestions for Adriana.  Did anyone see that Kevin Costner film called Swing Vote?  There's a plucky kid in that one - too young at the time of filming that picture, but might be the right age now?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »

In the meantime - and this is a SERIOUS question on which I need your help, you TV experts:

Let's say of young actors working in TV today you had to choose one to play Adriana Hofstetter - who would you choose.  I realize that several of you haven't read the books, but you can certainly read the synopsis of each at the Kritzerland site (under "Fun") and see the type of fifteen-year-old girl we're talking about.  I need someone who has some sort of name value but that someone doesn't necessarily have to be a big star - folks like Dakota Fanning won't do TV, so give me people who are on series or cable or whatever.  I just don't watch shows.  I look forward to your suggestions.

The few people that I can think of are a little too old. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »

I'm noting the suggestions for Adriana.  Did anyone see that Kevin Costner film called Swing Vote?  There's a plucky kid in that one - too young at the time of filming that picture, but might be the right age now?

The girl in "Swing Vote" is Madeline Carroll who is 13.

Another young woman, name of Molly C. Quinn, is LUMINOUS on screen.  She's currently 16, can play younger, I'm sure, and is currently portraying Alexis, daughter of Nathan Fillion's Richard Castle on the TV show "Castle".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »

NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA is on TCM tonight.  I have never seen this movie.  Do the learned people here on HHW recommend that I watch it?

I love this film, though it's a bit bloated.  Wonderfully moving performances from Suzman and Jayston (is that his name?).  Rousing score by Richard Rodney Bennett.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »

I can't remember her name, though I reviewed the film and said she was a good dark horse contendor for a supporting actress Oscar that year (that didn't happen, LOL).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DAW

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »

DAW

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »

I can't remember her name

That does tend to happen as you get older...           :P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »

Watching the NHK Trophy skating short programs on Universal Sports Channel.

Johnny Weir did a good program....but it was pretty much of a nothing style wise except for the diva moves he thinks are so attractive....he did score well....so we shall see.  Andrew Rippon fell on a triple....Jeremy Abbott is yet to skate.....this was taped earlier today, I guess.  I don't see the finals listed tomorrow on ESPN or ABC.....so maybe they will be broadcast on a network on Sunday.

Do men's jumps have to be done in a certain direction by the rules?  It seems as though Weir was making his jumps clockwise and Rippon was jumping counterclockwise. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »

Wow Jeremy Abbott just did a fantastic short program and moved into first place.  I am sure all of these will be on YouTube on someplace before the evening is out, but I do not see that they will be broadcast.

Jeremy is a counter clockwise guy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »

Can't see anything in the rules on the ISU site about the direction of spins....so I guess it's a free for all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »

I think I shall watch N/A and see what I can see.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2009, 03:47:10 PM »

Can't see anything in the rules on the ISU site about the direction of spins....so I guess it's a free for all.

I think it depends upon the jump...some go clockwise and others counter-clockwise, just as some are off a specific foot or are launched going backwards.   

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »

I've always assumed that the jumps in skating are like the jumps in ballet and other types of dancing.  Like how each person is either right or left handed, they jump either clock-wise or counterclock-wise.  It's all personal preference...I assume. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2009, 04:02:46 PM »

Speaking of change of addresses, Betsy and I are seriously on the hunt for a new house again.  I simply can't stand being next to this new mini-development of McMansions.  Having the road right next to our house (as short as it is, and despite the fact it "serves" only two houses) has completely changed the quiet tenor (and even bass) of this house.  I'm taking the kids (who have no school today) to a couple of places today with our realtor.  I must say prices in Portland have fallen so dramatically that it's really amazing.  Of course the flip side we can't get very much for this house when we go to sell it.

Have you thought about renting your soon-to-be-old house?  My sister did this...twice!  The first time was when she had a house built and I rented the one that she had lived in for more than 15 years.  The second time (just a few months ago), she used a rental management company that handles everything and there was no trouble getting a renter.  In fact, the rental management company said that they had a list of about 40 people that would've wanted to rent the kind of house that my sister has...in her price range!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »

RE Adriana H.:

Anna-Sophia Robb who was in BRIDGE TO TERIBITHIA and RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN is an excellent young actress who plays plucky really well.

She is currently filming a movie and has another in production.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:05:00 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

The girl in "Swing Vote" is Madeline Carroll who is 13.

Another young woman, name of Molly C. Quinn, is LUMINOUS on screen.  She's currently 16, can play younger, I'm sure, and is currently portraying Alexis, daughter of Nathan Fillion's Richard Castle on the TV show "Castle".

I think Molly Quinn is terrific.  With each episode she gets prettier. :)  As much as I like her, I don't really see her as Adriana.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »

Bruce have you emailed Vicky for her opinion?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2009, 04:38:19 PM »

I like to watch Bride Dress programs.

Kerry

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »

In the meantime - and this is a SERIOUS question on which I need your help, you TV experts:

Let's say of young actors working in TV today you had to choose one to play Adriana Hofstetter - who would you choose.  I realize that several of you haven't read the books, but you can certainly read the synopsis of each at the Kritzerland site (under "Fun") and see the type of fifteen-year-old girl we're talking about.  I need someone who has some sort of name value but that someone doesn't necessarily have to be a big star - folks like Dakota Fanning won't do TV, so give me people who are on series or cable or whatever.  I just don't watch shows.  I look forward to your suggestions.

I realized that most people I thought of are now too old.  Of those actually young enough, one of the first actors who came to mind was Emma Roberts.   You can check her out in "Hotel for Dogs" among other movies. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:05:29 PM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »

How about an unkown, perchance our own Vixter?

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »

Did you catch my post awhile back regarding just this?  I mentioned I could see the young actress,Lea Michele, on GLEE playing Adriana.

But could she really play 15?? I'm not exactly sure how old the characters on GLEE are supposed to be (17?). I like Lea Michele but she is 23, and i don't know that she could play 15.

George

« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »

How about an unkown, perchance our own Vixter?

That's what I was thinking. ;)

Jane

« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »

Did you catch my post awhile back regarding just this?  I mentioned I could see the young actress,Lea Michele, on GLEE playing Adriana.

But could she really play 15?? I'm not exactly sure how old the characters on GLEE are supposed to be (17?). I like Lea Michele but she is 23, and i don't know that she could play 15.

I couldn't remember how old she is on the show, just that she is in high school.  Plus I had the thought before Bruce asked ;)

Jane

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »

As for age.  When I was 32 & we moved to Massachusetts I stood outside with the boys while the moving truck unloaded.  I watched as neighbor after neighbor drove by without stopping. :(  Later, as one by one they met me, they all apologized for not stopping to meet the baby sitter. :)

td

• td
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16:29 PM »

I want to say to all and one and everyone in between, last night's "Supernatural" was a tour-de-force of creativity, imagination and excellent writing.   This show has been wonderful from the start but it began picking up steam two seasons ago.  After last season, I figured this season would be a denouement.

It isn't.  It's gone on to greater heights, in my opinion.

And this show is not the kind of show that would find a home on the "major" networks at all.  But it has become the keystone of the CW.

I concur wholeheartedly!   Gentle, yet pointed, ribbing at its competitors, which worked very well in the SUPERNATURAL world.  Great to see "The Trickster" back with an agenda, too.  And then there's Castiel. . . .mmm, mmm, good.
Last week's episode was nothing to sneeze at either, with a great performance from guest star Chad Everett.
I may just have to pick up the blu-ray discs of this show and trade off the standard discs. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »

Emma Roberts is 18 now.

I don't know if she's be right for the part but i am very fond of the girl who plays Ariel on Medium (sofia vassileva). She is around 17.

I also love Taylor Momsen who plays Jenny on Gossip Girl (she is 16).

There was a really spunky girl named Ashley Rickards on One tree hill last year (she played samantha and is around 16-17).

td

• td
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »

TOD:
CD:
Come Rain or Come Shine - Nancy LaMott
Old Things New - Joe Nicols
Sister Act - Original London Cast
Let's See What Happens - Kate Baldwin
The Power of Two - Cheyenne Jackson/Michael Feinstein

DVD:
NORTH BY BORTHWEST - blu-ray
WATCHMEN - blu-ray

Reading Material:
GROUND ZERO: A REPAIRMAN JACK NOVEL - F. Paul Wilson
THE GIVEN DAY - Dennis Lehane*

*have any other DRs read this book?  This is one of our 'make' items at Borders, which means we MUST suggest it to every customer. . .I've only read two other books by Lehane - SHUTTER ISLAND, which I liked, and MYSTIC RIVER, which I did not.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »

Well, it's time for me to leave.  Tonight, I'm ushering for Kate Clinton!!  I wonder if she'll have anything to say about the passing of Washington state's Referendum 71.

Until later!

George

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up