Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HORRIFYING CASE OF THE LOST AND/OR STOLEN WALLET BY ERLE STANLEY GARDNER  (Read 20088 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench

Good Evening!

Greetings from the space between Koreatown and the Garment District - otherwise known as 36th Street, a.k.a. James' office.  We stopped by here after hitting The Strand and Virgin down on 14th so that James could take care of some business... literally.  -Alas, none of us did any major shopping while we were down on 14th.  However, we did stop in Trader Joe's... and then turned right around when I realized the end of the line for the cash registers was almost all the way back to the main entrance of the store.  WOW!  I had heard stories of such lines, but had never seen them myself.  *So just how do you keep your frozen stuff frozen in such a situation?  In any case...

-Oh, the rain has started up again.

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

Oh... And I received a bit of disheartening news this afternoon too.  It's nothing earth-shattering, nor health-related (mine or anyone else's), etc... But still a bit dis-heartening nonetheless.  Details to follow when I find out when this news can go public.

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

Hmm... That did sound a bit gloom and doom.  It's not.  All I can right now is, "At least the check cleared."

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

OK... We're off to get some dinner.

Laters...

*At least I brought along my umbrella.
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff

Still raining here - rats! The stream is just boiling over the rocks. It unsettles me - that much power roiling around like that. And still the downpour continues. DON'T LIKE IT!!!

Anyway, I'm still sort of trapped here. I made soup out of whatever I had in the house - delicious. Read my new Robert Fulghum book. Watched a video of The Couch Trip - I still laugh every time. Even had a brief nap. So now what??? Hmmmm???

Maybe play the piano a little. Never fed the birds today. I feel like I did as a kid when we were stuck indoors during a rain. Wish I had some ice cream...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff

George! If you're on later - congratulations on the weight loss and the acquisition of a swell new shirt for such a bargain!

Jane - if you're on later, maybe I'll drive down for dinner some time next week... Bill is in Grants Pass. No good restaurants there - but Ashland is replete with swell places to eat. Wanna?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff

Jose, have a nice dinner. I look forward to your full report, boychik.
PennyO

Cillaliz

Would you folks kindly send your rain to Sioux City...it's soooo dry here. We haven't had rain forever.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.

Good evening, fellow Dear Readers. PennyO, send some rain this way, too. We haven't had rain since that big storm in March. Won't get any until July, maybe.

Short board meeting today -- only 4.5 hours. Tomorrow my new appliances get installed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?

Saw a production of "A String of Pearls" this afternoon.  Great show... don't miss it if you get the chance.  Great script.

FJL

JRand - Isn't the proper name of your sell-out show THE $OUND OF MU$;C?

:)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

Cilla, it is getting dry in FArgo too... Hit and miss rains have been occuring but no good soaking rain since the middle of May.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!

Fred, did you say that SPRING AWAKENING was a musical?  Is it based on the famous play, or does it just share the name, and apparently the theme?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

TCB - The actual Playbill did not include the reference to the new musical being based on Wedekind's play, but there is (on a separate piece of paper) an insert to the Playbill which clearly states "SPRING AWAKENING is based on the play by Frank Wedekind" and also includes a full bio for Wedekind.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:26:41 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim

Spent more time tonight with MGM musicals - tonight, AN AMERICAN IN PARIS.

I know Warners is working on a new Ultra-Resolution restoration of the film, I can see why they're bothering. Though most of it looks quite wonderful (especially the ballet), there are speckles, dirt, and minor damage occasionally (and those reel change signals throughout). I wonder if they can find the stems to bring the audio up to stereo surround levels like they did for SINGIN' IN THE RAIN? Would be so great to hear the ballet in true stereo. I have to admit, when the ballet started tonight, I programmed the Prologic IIx enhancement so the sound would be spread throughout the den. Loved it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

TCB - WIT is a Pulitzer Prize winning play that ran off-Broadway for a long time and was adapted into a TV film.  I found the following summary online:

"Wit" takes place in a University Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Center. The main character, Vivian Bearing, Ph.D., is a John Donne scholar who has stage IV ovarian cancer. Much of the action takes place in the last few days/hours of her life, although flashback scenes to weeks, months, even years before are interspersed effectively throughout the performance.

In order to gather a better grasp of this horrible disease, Judith Light spent time talking to my cousin prior to her performance as Vivian.

Matt H.

It's been drizzling for a couple of hours here. Very cool out. Just heavenly for a Sunday evening in June.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

My goodness, what a slow news day here at haineshisway.com.  Add it to yesterday's slow newsday, and I think we need us a rally.  Let's have some posts - it keeps my mind off things I need to keep my mind off right now.

Matt H.

I watched THE SOPRANOS' season finale "live" tonight.

spoiler - - - - -

I think it was the quiet before the storm. The last eight episodes that we'll be getting in 2007 are sure to be blood soaked. There is SO much bad feeling spread among these wise guys now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Looked through the car yet again, and, in fact, cleaned everything out of it.  Nothing.  Took a long hot shower, and feel a bit better.  I need to be very calm and methodical tomorrow, but I also need to start editing Kevin's video tomorrow and attend a dinner tomorrow night.

Matt H.

Then I watched the LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT rerun tonight. I wanted to see it again since it had not only Malcolm MacDowell as the primary guest star but also Broadway's Matthew Morrison and Michael Berrisse in very important guest star roles. And the ending was almost as shocking the second time around as it was the first. Excellent episode.

Matt H.

I'm going to veer from MGM to Fox tomorrow as I've cued up CALL ME MADAM to watch. I haven't watched it again since I first watched it when the DVD was first released, so I'm looking forward to revisiting it tomorrow.

Jane

DakotaCelt & George, congratulations on your weight loss!  I know it isn’t easy.

MBarnum, I think you just motivated me to loose 4 pounds instead of buying new pants. ;D

FJL

I hope I'm not spreading idle gossip, but word about town is that Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman have broken up as a couple, and yet are still working together quite wonderfully and professionally.  I know Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor worked together after their own split-up, as did Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon after their own split-up, but are there any others in show-biz that have done this?

Jane

Jane - if you're on later, maybe I'll drive down for dinner some time next week... Bill is in Grants Pass. No good restaurants there - but Ashland is replete with swell places to eat. Wanna?

Penny- sounds good.  Will we have the pleasure of Bill’s company?

I had better get aggressive & loose those 4 pounds before then.  We are leaving around the 12th for LA to collect Bryan, Craig & Craig’s girlfriend at LAX on the 14th.  

FJL

BK - Ronnik was very pleased to receive your greetings and sends her best to you.

Jane

Ashland was beautiful today, perfect weather for a garden tour.  We had two sets of friend’s with homes on the tour.  One set are very close friends with the home that was listed as the showcase home of the tour.  In fact this home will be photographed next week for Country Garden magazine, or something like that.  We finished our tour at their home and celebrated with wine, cheese and crackers.  All of which I over indulged.  

Matt H.

I hope I'm not spreading idle gossip, but word about town is that Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman have broken up as a couple, and yet are still working together quite wonderfully and professionally.  I know Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor worked together after their own split-up, as did Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon after their own split-up, but are there any others in show-biz that have done this?

Sonny and Cher did another variety series together after they broke up and she married Greg Allman.

Matt H.

Well, I think I'll head down for bed now.

Good night, everyone!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

Good Evening!

Dinner Report - So... since both of us were feeling a little under the weather, we just headed to Pathmark and picked up some soup.  Progresso Minestrone with Chicken for me, and Campbell's Chicken Noodle for James.  Seems to have done the trick.  Both of us are feeling better.  *And for dessert - there's always dessert - we sampled some of those new Edy's Ice Cream Dibs, the peanut butter variety. Yummy!

-And, now, I'm having some sencha green tea to help calm my mind and my body before heading to bed.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up