Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THESE KIDS TODAY  (Read 3238 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THESE KIDS TODAY
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »

I am saddened to see so many stores and restaurants boarding up or really hurting for business.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2020, 03:47:49 PM »

Like TCB, I do not understand the refusal to wear a mask. We all prefer not doing so, but it's a minor inconvenience, whereas Covid is far beyond inconvenient.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2020, 03:54:06 PM »

Druxy, I understand your boredom with staying home. Have you considered a car trip? It's a way of getting out and about, you could skip the mask while in the car, buy some take-out at your destination, browse/hike/ramble, then have a leisurely drive home. We need to be creative these days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2020, 03:54:54 PM »

TCB, sorry about the show.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2020, 03:59:07 PM »

Apparently we are taking the Swedish approach. We're on our own out here.

Sorry you are so vulnerable. Are there many of you who would prefer stricter guidelines? I'm glad to be be living in California these days. We have jerks here, too, but at least the majority comply.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

George, thanks for mentioning the Ann Richards show on PBS. I hadn't heard about it, but have always admired her and want to see it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2020, 04:02:59 PM »

George, thanks for mentioning the Ann Richards show on PBS. I hadn't heard about it, but have always admired her and want to see it.

It was great! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2020, 04:10:17 PM »

I was FINALLY able to book an appointment with my osteopath. I'd been told emphatically that I couldn't see him until August, but when I phoned to book I learned that he's now available in July. I said I needed to schedule the physical that was originally scheduled for March. I was then told I couldn't have a physical, as those are non-urgent. I could, however, come in for an office visit if I have a concern. As a high-risk senior with multiple issues I do indeed have concerns! The doctor's recommendation is for me to come in monthly, and yet I haven't seen him since November, not for lack of trying. The Powers That Be at Cedars seem to only be thinking about young and healthy patients and not those of us with ongoing issues who need to be monitored on a regular basis. They are completely out of touch with much of their patient population.

George

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »

That's terrible, Jeanne!  Hopefully, they'll get their act together and let you have the necessary visits!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »

Has anyone here watched THE BUREAU? It's a French series that is very popular in Europe. I watched the first episode on Amazon Prime, but it didn't grab me. Sometimes it takes a couple episodes to get interesting.

George

« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2020, 04:14:31 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!

George

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »

Has anyone here watched THE BUREAU? It's a French series that is very popular in Europe. I watched the first episode on Amazon Prime, but it didn't grab me. Sometimes it takes a couple episodes to get interesting.

I've never heard of it.

George

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »

Well, it's time for me to leave work and go to my parents' for some Phase 10 playing, so I shall.

Be back later.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2020, 04:17:57 PM »

That's terrible, Jeanne!  Hopefully, they'll get their act together and let you have the necessary visits!

Thanks, George. I had a long talk with one of the supervisors. She listened, but I came away with no hope at all that they'll improve. They NEED patients. They get their money from the insurance companies in reimbursements, so no treatments or visits, no income. They're hurting. Some people say that hospitals and medical groups don't have many patients because people are afraid to come in, but no one mentions that we weren't allowed to.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »

George, if your teeth and gums are still bothering you I can highly recommend CLOSYS mouthwash. I had a bad hygiene report several years ago, learned about CLOSYS and started using it, and turned things around in just two weeks. My next hygiene visit was really good. I continue to use it and it's really helped. Some drug stores carry it, but I buy it on Amazon.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2020, 04:22:12 PM »

Have a good weekend, everyone.

TTFN.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2020, 04:26:28 PM »

I went to acupuncture today, then stopped for a veggie burger. There were two people dining in, plus a few take-out orders. This in a place that is usually hoppin' at 1 pm.

That is sad.  I hope they are able to stay open.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2020, 04:26:43 PM »

I am saddened to see so many stores and restaurants boarding up or really hurting for business.

:(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »

Vibes for DR JEANNE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »

DR JANE sorry to read that your trip might not happen.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »

Like TCB, I do not understand the refusal to wear a mask. We all prefer not doing so, but it's a minor inconvenience, whereas Covid is far beyond inconvenient.

And it is only hurting the economy as more people become sick. 

Jane

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »

Apparently we are taking the Swedish approach. We're on our own out here.

Sorry you are so vulnerable. Are there many of you who would prefer stricter guidelines? I'm glad to be be living in California these days. We have jerks here, too, but at least the majority comply.

But aren't your numbers also going up?

Jane

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »

I was FINALLY able to book an appointment with my osteopath. I'd been told emphatically that I couldn't see him until August, but when I phoned to book I learned that he's now available in July. I said I needed to schedule the physical that was originally scheduled for March. I was then told I couldn't have a physical, as those are non-urgent. I could, however, come in for an office visit if I have a concern. As a high-risk senior with multiple issues I do indeed have concerns! The doctor's recommendation is for me to come in monthly, and yet I haven't seen him since November, not for lack of trying. The Powers That Be at Cedars seem to only be thinking about young and healthy patients and not those of us with ongoing issues who need to be monitored on a regular basis. They are completely out of touch with much of their patient population.

Did you get an appointment?  I hope once you talk to him he can make/request the appointments you need.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2020, 04:35:32 PM »

Thanks, George. I had a long talk with one of the supervisors. She listened, but I came away with no hope at all that they'll improve. They NEED patients. They get their money from the insurance companies in reimbursements, so no treatments or visits, no income. They're hurting. Some people say that hospitals and medical groups don't have many patients because people are afraid to come in, but no one mentions that we weren't allowed to.

I don't understand this.  If they weren't seeing patients in person they should have offered a phone or video appointment option.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2020, 04:36:07 PM »

DR JANE sorry to read that your trip might not happen.....

Thank you.  Would you go?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2020, 04:52:35 PM »

today has certainly been a day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »

I have almost been able to leave work behind, almost three hours after having stopped working.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »

Today, the CEO casually dropped the news that people (as in plural) who had tested positive for the virus had been in the main office building. He didn't say when, before or after we started working from home, and he didn't say anything else.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »

But he did say there would be no holiday party this year. And I was sure this was going to be the year they booked Paul McCartney to perform.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »

Oh, well. We can have a virtual party. They can show some videos and we can drink from the safety of our homes. Isn't that festive?
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up