Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PULLING A FAST ONE  (Read 29320 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:PULLING A FAST ONE
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »

Weren't there any shirts in the DAMN YANKEES rag bag?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »

DR Jason do they want you to see a therapist because they are hoping to change you? Or do they just want someone that you can talk to?

They think a Christian counselor will "straighten me out" in more ways that just emotionally. They think that by getting back in touch with my religious roots...well...THEIR religious roots...I'll come to realize that I am not a homosexual, or at least realize that it's a sin and live my life alone.

Tomovoz

« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »

DP Colin and I are well into our 30th year.  I guess the relationship is working.  Maybe more information later but I don't like to anaylse too much. I have a busy day and then lots of posts to read.!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »

Page Seven Dance.  :o

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2006, 02:44:52 PM »

From the show's website:

Ellen Pompeo = Meredith Grey
Patrick Dempsey = Derek Shepherd
James Pickens Jr.  = Richard Webber
T.R. Knight  = George O'Malley
Sandra Oh = Cristina Yang
Katherine Heigl = Isobel "Izzie" Stevens
Chandra Wilson = Miranda Bailey
Isaiah Washington = Preston Burke
Justin Chambers= Dr. Alex Karev
Kate Walsh = Dr. Addison Shepherd

Chandra Wilson = Miranda Bailey (a.k.a. The Nazi)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2006, 02:50:05 PM »

I am looking forward to tonight's MEDIUM. The previews make it look interesting.

I don't think I've seen any previews for tonight's episode...at least, I don't remember if I have.  I'm looking forward to it, though. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »

I don't think I've seen any previews for tonight's episode...at least, I don't remember if I have.  I'm looking forward to it, though. ;D

Too many previews.  Whoever does the NBC previews is a twit and always gives too much away.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2006, 02:53:30 PM »

I want a piece of chicken and a donut.  Does that make me a bad person?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »

Too many previews.  Whoever does the NBC previews is a twit and always gives too much away.

Obviously had childhood issues, probably uses see-thru gift wrap at Christmas time, and was the FIRST person on his block to get Caller ID!  ;D

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »

JRand, you just missed the run of  the NY Gilbert and Sullivan Players for which I did the program at City Center.

Up next at City Center, I just wrapped up the program for KISMET, featuring B. Stokes Mitchell.

As for Indiana Gilbert and Sullivan, every year our Junior high in Crown Point did either the Mikado or Pinafore. My brother will forever by the Captain of the Pinafore to me. I was little and those productions seemed like Broadway caliber to me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2006, 03:04:19 PM »

JRand, you just missed the run of  the NY Gilbert and Sullivan Players for which I did the program at City Center.

Up next at City Center, I just wrapped up the program for KISMET, featuring B. Stokes Mitchell.

As for Indiana Gilbert and Sullivan, every year our Junior high in Crown Point did either the Mikado or Pinafore. My brother will forever by the Captain of the Pinafore to me. I was little and those productions seemed like Broadway caliber to me.

ANY of those I would like to see!  ;D

One of my favorite shows to work on was a middle & high school production of PINAFORE!  I think G/S shows get a bum rap - and before I worked on one, I was indifferent to them as well!

Love the First Act finale....and of course the second act "reveal" - LOL....damn, now I have to play my LP.

HHW'ers who KNOW, what is the BEST PINAFORE cd available?   ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »

I'm currently "dating around" as they say.  And I've been having a good time meeting new people and making new friends.  

And that is a good point...when dating it helps to remind yourself that part of it is an opportunity to just meet new people and make new friends...often that is what it turns into when it doesn't turn into something other...or something.  LOL!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:08:43 PM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2006, 03:10:14 PM »

Re: "Ryan's Daughter"

The N.Y. Times review raves about the transfer!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/07/movies/07dvd.html
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2006, 03:26:16 PM »

Thanks for the link DRRLP!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2006, 03:29:40 PM »

Time for din din.

MBarnum

« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2006, 03:37:42 PM »

The telephone man says that I have dirty wires.

At first I took that personally.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »

Jose, very well put!  I've added "rejection" to my list of things - an excellent suggestion.  I don't fancy or think of myself as a "teacher".  All I can do is offer advice from my perspective, and work with these kids as if I had them in a show, or at an audition, or in the studio.  And that's where I think this workshop may be different to others.  It won't be academic at all - just very hands on and no-nonsense.  The show we'll do will hopefully be fun, too.

I've been single since 1982, but have had several interesting relationships between then and now.  I would say I haven't had anything "serious" for quite some time.  I should think I would occasionally be a "difficult" person to be with, although I always think if it's the right thing then that wouldn't be the case at all.  I'm pretty set in my ways at this point in my life, although I'm also very adaptable and considerate if treated well.  If not treated well, well then...

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2006, 03:45:06 PM »

Chin up DR Jason,

Always keep in mind that no matter what you have felt all through your life, you are a good person. Once you have convinced yourself of that you will find that it don't matter what issues your family has about your life. You are the one that has to live with yourself, and there is nothing wrong with who you are...I know that you know that (even if that knowledge is hidden way down inside of yourself)...and it doesn't hurt to remind yourself of that now and then, especially when others try to convince you otherwise through words or actions.

Whatever problems your family may have with your homosexuality will fade over time....and in the rare case that it does not...then remember that it is their problem...don't make it your problem. Just continue on being a good, valuable part of society and live happily! That is what you deserve.

Also remember that what you have been raised to believe about homosexuality is also what your family was raised to believe...so that might make it a bit easier for you to understand where they are coming from...if they choose not to educate themselves about the reality of it, there there is nothing you can do about it. Your relationship with them in that event may not be ideal...so you will just have to adjust your expectations.

Focus on you, not on them.

There is your 2 cents worth...which maybe is only worth that, who knows.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »

The telephone man says that I have dirty wires.

At first I took that personally.

At least he didn't criticize your pillows in the same way!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2006, 03:49:04 PM »

Someone that I am in the midst of interviewing e-mailed me some photos of an unaired/unsold pilot he did for 20th Fox back in 1960 about a group of rescue marines. The photos are behind the scenes showing the cast...one of the cast members is my buddy Cal Bolder who this interviewee recalls vividly and fondly!

I burned them to a disk and am going to go to Walmart and have them printed out! The two photos are wonderful!!!

I may have to post one of them and see if anybody can identify the actress that is in the photos...the guy who sent them couldn't recall her name.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:50:07 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2006, 03:49:34 PM »

LOL DR Ron Pullium! LOL!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2006, 03:50:48 PM »

Looking forward to seeing DRJOSE's closing night DAMN YANKEES photos.

So am I... I borrowed the soundtrack from the public library and I like the score...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2006, 03:52:36 PM »

Jennifer - i second your not liking the idea of unmarked cars being able to pull people over.  Besides the reasons you gave, I'd add that there are a lot of crazy people in the world who could get hold of a police badge or siren and pull someone over in the guise of a traffic stop.   I think having people be pulled over by unofficial cars could lead to disaster if someone who wanted to commit a crime got the idea of pulling people over masquerading as cops.  

I also agree... You never know if someone who pulls you over in an unmarked vehicles is on the up and up...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »

an idea for a workshop would be costuming....

Vocal selections for auditions as several DRs have mentioned. I am rather keen on that idea for different musicals require a different approach to the audition. Suggestions to selection and preparation would be an excellent addition to the workshop

Good luck in putting it together bk!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2006, 03:57:24 PM »

Shortly after we were married, my DH took a job with the postal service, which required him to work nights and weekends. I think most wives with night-shift husbands learn early on to do stuff on their own. Now that he's working days again, I still do stuff on my own and he does stuff on his own. We each have plenty of space to pursue our own interests. That's how we make it work.

Sounds like you have been successful. A good friend of mine and her husband have a similar arrangement. Ironically, they get along better when they are on this arrangement then when they both worked days... Perhaps that is what they needed....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2006, 03:59:36 PM »

Yes, but here at least the speed limits are "interesting".  On the highways the speed limit is 100km/hr (60).  But everyone goes 110. Now if they pulled people over for going 110 then every single person would get a ticket.

Also on the expressway the speed limit is 70km/hr. It is actually impossible to go 70, since this road is basically a highway. If you went 70, someone would probably hit you.  Everyone drives 100km the same as the highway.

Also on the service roads the speed limit is 50km/hr.  Now most people go faster.  I think the slowest (me) would go 60-70. Now I wouldn't be opposed to someone going 90km getting a ticket. But i would think it was quite unfair if someone going 60 got a ticket, since everyone else on the road would be speeding right past them!

I wish the speeds were slower here at times. There are too many people who drive stupidly on ice to be driving 75 to 80 mph on the interstate... Unless MT has changed their laws, there is no speed limit on the interstate highway.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »

I find a lot of marrieds in this area (ND) dispise single women....

Singles however have a freedom that some marrieds do not....

Singles tend to be on the lonely side at times

Singles also tend to be creative, curious and like to explore and learn new things....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2006, 04:07:59 PM »

The Vixter has had control of the computer because she has been working on her powerpoint presentation for her social studies class.  I probably won't get  'home access" again until Friday!

Vixmom, good luck to the Vixster on her project and I hope she does well!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »

:::: working on getting cuaght up on posts  ::::

Jennifer

« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2006, 04:10:13 PM »

They think a Christian counselor will "straighten me out" in more ways that just emotionally. They think that by getting back in touch with my religious roots...well...THEIR religious roots...I'll come to realize that I am not a homosexual, or at least realize that it's a sin and live my life alone.

Oh, I wasn't sure if they thought it was a sin.  Or if they were merely having a hard time adapting to the notion.  

If it was B, then I could relate.  It is much different being introduced to someone and knowing they are gay the whole time (this has happened to me many times).  But it's actually quite harder to know someone very well/intimately and only after years find out that they are gay.  I'm sure it's harder for families because they have to think about issues such as grandchildren.  But it can be quite confusing to think you know someone and then realize you don't.

DR Jason, I wish you the best of luck.  And I do think that parents can sometimes surprise you. So hopefully yours will once they get used to this.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up