Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO ARE YOU SERVING THAT BAGEL TO?  (Read 13972 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: WHO ARE YOU SERVING THAT BAGEL TO?
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »

DR John G, I was unlucky enough to see the original Public Theatre production of "The Human Comedy" for three reasons: my friend the late Ken Bryan was in it, I like a lot of Galt McDermott's music, and the reviews had been excellent. It was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen, with about half of a good cast (the real stinkers were the boy from FRIGHT NIGHT and Gordon Connell), and too large a band playing too loudly in too small a space. The first trumpet shrieked nothing but high notes, with a few so high that only dogs can hear them, till I thought I'd go deaf. It stank. The movie cannot be as bad. The story was, too me, typical William Saroyan paddlin' maudlin home.

I had actually ordered the CD from Footlight.com, but it's been more than a month and I haven't heard anything about it.  I haven't received the CD and I also haven't been charged for it...but it's still listed on the website.  I suppose I should e-mail them asking how long it'll take.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

LOL - I am trying to convince Shelly to add a drunk scene for the Mayor and Tommy....so far it's no go.

~~~Vibes for a Mayor and Tommy Drunk Scene!!~~~

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »

Tonight we are doing Act One!

You know what to do.

Pray for Rosemary's Baby??

:D

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing - {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »

I just learned that my dear friend Russell Warner died in Seattle this morning. He's been in terrible health for a long period of time that I cannot say I am completely shocked. I am very sad.

Besides being a very dear friend, he was a talented composer and an excellent orchestrator and arranger. I will miss him enormously.

Larry, I'm so sorry.  My condolences. :'(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »

I've been offered a job. For June 2012. I'm interested.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »

Well, that's great news. And vibes for plenty of work between now and then.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »

Isn't it the height of irony to choke on a cough drop?
Just recorded the song I wrote for the twelve-year-old Melody.  I really like it a lot.  We're calling her show Melodyland and here's the lyric I wrote:

:D 

I had to look up money note.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »

If any of you have his recording of FINE AND DANDY, have a listen and enjoy his sparkling witty work. Ignore mine, but the score is mostly Russell's.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2011, 02:35:12 PM »

If any of you have his recording of FINE AND DANDY, have a listen and enjoy his sparkling witty work. Ignore mine, but the score is mostly Russell's.
One of my favorite recordings of recent years. "Let's Go Eat Worms in the Garden" is sublime.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

DR GINNY - polka dots NEVER go out of style.

LOL, DR JRand!  When I was about 13 and in need of a confirmation dress for church, I insisted that my mother make me one out of white fabric with 1" navy blue polka dots.  All the other girls had pastel-colored chiffon and mine sticks out like a sore thumb in the group photo.  Never again!

And your mother did it-lol.  This time I'm sure your future daughter in-law would stop you.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »

So I got through allergy season in SW Ohio by using my Rx nasal spray and decided last week that I no longer needed it now that the tree blooms have come and gone.  Didn't realize driving 250 miles north would be like turning the clock back about 3 weeks.  I wish I'd brought that med with me...

I'm sure you can get some if you go to the pharmacy.  How much longer will you be staying?

Jane

« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »

Ditto!  :(

Jane

« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »

Wow, my vibes already worked! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »

My favorite track is Gavin Creel's beautiful "Starting At The Bottom." Russell's work matches Gavin's: complete magic!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:52 PM »

Wow, my vibes already worked! ;)

It seems so long!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »

How does one upload a sound file?  Where?  I certainly wouldn't put a rough iPod recording on YouTube.  The music is really cute, I think - many key changes within the verses - it just came flowing out like that.  Starts in Ab for the first two lines, modulates to A for the next two, then to C for "Melodyland" and the next line, then to Eb for the next, and then back to Ab for the next verse.

George

« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »

And tonight GLEE is on for an extra 1/2 hour.

Not sure if I will get to watch it tonight.  Apparently my aunt really want to watch the Canadiens playoff hockey game. I know i want to watch the DWTS results show. I felt so bad for Karina last night.

I have to record "Glee" tonight.  Larry, my sister's boyfriend, is coming over to record some things that I have on my DVR so that he can make native-widescreen (but not hi-def) DVDs of them for me.  He has to record them onto his laptop and then do stuff with programs that I don't have.  I asked him if he could teach me how to do that on my computer and to let me know what new type of video card and program(s) that I would need.  He said that he has a video card that he's not using and if I have room for it in my computer, I can just have it. :D

George

« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »

Then, the only things that I'll need to get would be whatever program to use and the cable.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »

TOD:

You're tired!

For the last week or so, my dog has been waking us up once or twice in the middle of the night  to let her out.

Then, at 6 am on the dot, our alarm clock  [CORRECTION: our cat] starts yelling to be let out of the guest bathroom.

Is your dog ok?

She's 15...has arthritis...possibly a bit of dementia...

Other than that....
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »

I just learned that my dear friend Russell Warner died in Seattle this morning. He's been in terrible health for a long period of time that I cannot say I am completely shocked. I am very sad.

Besides being a very dear friend, he was a talented composer and an excellent orchestrator and arranger. I will miss him enormously.

Larry, I'm so sorry.  My condolences. :'(

Sincere condolences.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »

TOD:

You're tired!

For the last week or so, my dog has been waking us up once or twice in the middle of the night  to let her out.

Then, at 6 am on the dot, our alarm clock  [CORRECTION: our cat] starts yelling to be let out of the guest bathroom.

Is your dog ok?

Other than that....

Yet she knows to ask to go out even though her bladder must be shrinking.  Good dog! :)

Jane

« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »

DR George I hope the video card works.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2011, 03:14:23 PM »

TOD:

You're tired!

Is your dog ok?

Other than that....

Yet she knows to ask to go out even though her bladder must be shrinking.  Good dog! :)

She is.

John G.

« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »

Many vibes, Larry. I know all too well the grief you must be feeling.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:31 PM »

Last night we watched INSIDE JOB and thought it was excellent.  Keith was very familiar with many of the respected, in his opinion & apparently the people who did this, economists and over the years has given me many of their articles to read.  If anything was missing it was comments on the history of economic downfalls and what might have been done in the beginning to turn this around.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

How does one upload a sound file?  Where?  I certainly wouldn't put a rough iPod recording on YouTube.  The music is really cute, I think - many key changes within the verses - it just came flowing out like that.  Starts in Ab for the first two lines, modulates to A for the next two, then to C for "Melodyland" and the next line, then to Eb for the next, and then back to Ab for the next verse.

You have iMovie, don't you?

Jane

« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »

I am reading THE WORST HARD TIMES: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan.  I have been completely engrossed in the lives of these people who stayed.

I can't help but constantly compare what happened then to what has happened today.  The government encouraged the people to "destroy" the land while ignoring the few who said you can't pull up the grass.  Those who saved money during the good times lost it when the banks failed. 

The banks failing is why regulations were instigated, yet the government thought it would be ok, and still does, to deregulate banks.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »

My college boyfriend was from Keokuk
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up