Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS  (Read 71468 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2007, 06:57:52 PM »

JRand, how do you keep from laughing when the actor mouths your lines along with you.

DR Ginny-Congrats on your cubicle move.

Keith & I don't look a day over 17.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

But are there any videos of DD Sherlock as Rathbone?

You film it - I'll buy shares!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2007, 07:05:45 PM »

Dear Jane:

Have you been talking to my Doc?

I got a big lecture on getting a colonoscopy today - he even stooped to the "A Man Of Your Inteligence" argument.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2007, 07:06:11 PM »

I don't know if I've mentioned how much I love the doc Sacco and Vanzetti.

Cillaliz

« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2007, 07:09:01 PM »

I went on a mini yard work frenzy tonight. Whenever I looked at a couple spots in my yard a little voice in my head would sing "You're entering Grey Gardens"  YIKES!   So, when the rain stopped I went out to pull a few weeds and ended up trimming bushes, pulling weeds and little trees etc.   I have had a sore back and haven't felt well lately, I must say I was over glowing when as I worked. So much so that I drank a big glass of Gatorade when I came in.   I am hoping that the exercise and stretching was good for my back and having a good glow has made me feel better in general

Cillaliz

« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:18 PM »

This weekend I have more yard work to do.  I'm hoping my back will be well enough to do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »

DR Jennifer - will you be watching The Power of 10 on Tuesday when Danielle and Amber are on?  can you get that in Canada?

Jane

« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »

DR Jason-GOOD AUDITION VIBES!!!

DR Jose-Exciting news!!!

DR elmore-I knew you would have something to say regarding Miss Austen’s wonderful work :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »

COOL! THE MARY POPPINS SUNDAE AT SERENDIPITY III

Onstage at the New Amsterdam Theatre, "just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down," but offstage, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan at the ice cream specialty shop Serendipity 3, Mary Poppins' sentiment appears to be quite the same—only cooler! To celebrate the Disney hit musical's 300th performance this month, on the morning of Thursday, August 16, several stars of Mary Poppins, including the talented title role play Ashley Brown herself, headed up to Serendipity 3 on East 60th Street to sample their newest creation, "The Supercalifragilisticexplialidocious Sundae." The mix of strawberry ice cream, cheese cake, fresh strawberries, whipped cream and caramel sauce (topped with a chocolate wafer chim-chimney and one pert black umbrella) was a huge hit with the kids. And Ms. Brown. For a look at the deliciousness of it all, click on.

Photos by Bruce Glikas/Broadway.com

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Photo_Op.aspx?ci=551659

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »

DR Jason-GOOD AUDITION VIBES!!!

DR Jose-Exciting news!!!

DR elmore-I knew you would have something to say regarding Miss Austen’s wonderful work :D

Ditto all that!  It's been a crazy day....I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. It will be busy, but that's a good thing

Jane

« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »

Oh, and it turns out I've met our Joyce before - in LA during the run of Ragtime (she covered Evelyn Nesbitt) - I used to go out with the cast quite often.  She's a doll and I think she'll be very good in our little show.  Her name is Amy Bodnar.  

She is cute :)

Bruce-regarding the hiccup story  ROTFLOL!

Jane

« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »

Read Gone With The Wind, and get ot over with!

der Brucer

Actually, I would recommend The World According to Garp (John Irving)

PS To all my HHW fans - please note, I did not say Atlas Shrugged - that's next!

A colostomy is what you could end up with if you don’t have a colonoscopy!

I would rather read ATLAS SHRUGGED then GARP.

Jane

« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »

Dear Jane:

Have you been talking to my Doc?

I got a big lecture on getting a colonoscopy today - he even stooped to the "A Man Of Your Inteligence" argument.

der Brucer

LOL-I should have read this before I posted.

Did you finally listen to him!!!!!!!!!!  

Jane

« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »

But are there any videos of DD Sherlock as Rathbone?

Give a dog a (Rath)Bone!

My sweet little boy was just resting his head on my arm and giving me ear kisses & nose blows (he gently blows on my face).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »

Time to head home.  As our pre-eminent Broadway musician so aptly and so often puts it:  Laters!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2007, 07:43:17 PM »

Got four count 'em four coporate tax returns done today.  Not bad for an out-of-tax-season August day.

Jane

« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2007, 07:46:08 PM »

Jeanne, I like your father.

Edi, great Pit Bull story

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:30 PM »

I don't know if I've mentioned how much I love the doc Sacco and Vanzetti.

Thank you so much, Cillaliz!

And (most of) the critics agree:

"Peter Miller's labor-of-love docu does a superb job of condensing an overwhelming mass of documentation, archival imagery and artistic representation into a concise yet passionate history lesson whose relevance could not be timelier." - Variety

"The case of two Italian-born anarchists, executed for a murder they almost surely didn't commit, remains the definitive, scary myth of the promise of America snuffed by fear and loathing. It's cleansing to see the facts laid out with intimacy and rigor, and the film earns the comparison it makes to the squelching of due process for some of today's terror suspects. The difference is that Americans during the '20s took to the streets to protest the railroading of two innocent men. Would that happen now?" - Entertainment Weekly (grade "A")

"Absolutely engrossing. This riveting new film by director Miller masterfully revives the past. Miller's obvious passion and dedication shine throughout." - Chicago Tribune

“Excellent…this compelling and powerful production can serve as a graceful elegy to the doomed men who were murdered by their adopted homeland.” -Film Threat

“Packed with information…It scarcely needs to be said how much this case has to do with contempt for foreigners, legal injustice, and xenophobic terror.” -Village Voice

“Talking heads ranging from Arlo Guthrie to Howard Zinn, eloquent paintings by Ben Shahn, and archival film footage bolster the film's airtight case against the prosecutors, making them seem persecutors, shaming the America they claimed to be defending. SACCO AND VANZETTI is trenchant, impassioned advocacy.” – AM New York

"Peter Miller sets out to show that the infamous murder trial of Sacco and Vanzetti was one of the most alarming and shameful incidents of social and political injustice in America’s history, and he succeeds admirably. SACCO AND VANZETTI should be requisite viewing anyone who might be unfamiliar with the case and its place in American history." – New York Press

"A wonderful film, as timeless as the struggle for human justice, as relevant as today's headlines." – Ken Burns

"Miller realizes that the political passions fueled by Sacco and Vanzetti in the 1920s are supremely pertinent to our own era's democratic crises. Anti-immigrant paranoia, threats to civil liberties, and rigged courtrooms are far from new. The film reminds a new generation that these inequities became catalysts for an international mass movement in the early part of the twentieth century." – Cineaste

"Essential and disturbingly of-the-moment. A passionate and moving case for the men's innocence and inspiring dignity." – Newsday

“It shocks in two ways: it shows us how recently, relatively speaking, racial and political prejudices were openly allowed to smirch justice, and it makes us take a look at the vitality of liberalism today...Peter Miller brings into new being a story that it is still healthfully discomfiting to remember.” – The New Republic

“Miller makes his film soar by keeping our attention focused on the defendants. For Sacco and Vanzetti were extraordinary men. Sacco and Vanzetti ... force us to recommit ourselves to the struggle for human liberation. For if their agony was their triumph, it can and must be ours as well. SACCO AND VANZETTI is a must see.” – Monthly Review

"Masterfully recreating the era in which the "crime" and trial took place, while at the same time showing parallels to our current milieu, Sacco and Vanzetti is a thought-provoking and surprisingly emotional experience." - Jeffrey Kauffman, DVD Talk

"it wasn't as painful as a colostomy."  - der Brucer
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »

Having gone through the whole colostomy process with my father, I can vouch for the fact that almost anything would be preferable!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »

It's official - I am NOT GOING TO BE IN the play Stuff Happens....or did I say that already.  If I did, I am still NOT in the show.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2007, 07:55:58 PM »

DR JANE - I just look at him like he's crazy and he thinks I'm acting.

If I knew exactly what he was going to say, I would do the same thing to him, but he never says his lines correctly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »

Very happy to read all about the progress of THE BRAIN....

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:53 PM »

I considered watching it again tonight in observance of the anniversary, but I am really sleepy. I think I'll watch it over the weekend.  

Jane

« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2007, 07:57:31 PM »

Oh my, pet stories.  I will try to keep this short.

Gaia, first cat in my first apartment, was such a sweet soul.  It was amazing what she put up with from children, dogs & other cats.  Gaia would walk with me to the corner market & wait outside while I did my shopping & then walk home with me.

When the boys were babies & cried MySin, a short haired tuxedo cat, always got to them before I did.  When the boys were older she protected them when their mother got angry at them. ;D

And then there was Echo, who searched & found my cell phone when I lost it in the fields behind our house.  All I said was “Echo, pick up” and off she went until she found it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »

YES YES YES, DR JOSE....I received a wonderful envelope in the mail today....and birthday present, I must say.

AND you read my mind, thanks for the graphological explanation.

Cillaliz

« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2007, 07:57:57 PM »

I seriously think I broke a fever or something like that tonight.  I know it was humid, but I wasn't working that hard and I was literally drenched when I came it....and it wasn't rain. I feel a ton better than I did a few hours ago

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »

I love reading pet stories.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »

TOD - I think I've told a lot of pet stories. I can't think of any right now.  Both cats have calmed down from the craziness of the bat incident

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »

Can anyone direct me to a site....or send me a file of a few minutes of soap opera conversation or dialog.

Most of what I can fine online is RADIO SOAP OPERA and is interrupted by Oxydol and Sal Hapatica.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT....your teakettle whistle was the HighLight of the rehearsal tonight, although its reception was second to the sound effect of the flushing toilet.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up