Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRIP  (Read 34502 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE TRIP
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2006, 03:59:21 PM »

Just woke froma wonderful nap. Time to feed to cats and myself before getting ready for the symphony

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »

BK  - In case I don't post again before your trip...safe travel vibes!~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2006, 04:04:59 PM »

DE Laura, I do love your photos.  It takes more than luck to get shots like that. You are an excellent photographer

Perhaps Kritzeland has its first coffee table book!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »

Perhaps Kritzeland has its first coffee table book!

I think I made that exact same comment a few days ago.  Scary!
“One thing’s universal,

François de Paris

« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2006, 04:21:15 PM »

I got a package in the mail today, all the way from Paris, France - where the ladies wear no..... Oh, never mind.

Thank you, François, you have managed to rekindle a very special memory of my childhood and of my Mother.

Pleasing you pleases me!

Almost from Paris, France because the package was mailed from my hometown in the south-west!
I hope you will also enjoy the extra stuff! BOOH! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2006, 04:23:29 PM »

Just woke froma wonderful nap.

"Froma"?! I'm sure you mean "fromage"! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2006, 04:26:45 PM »

Please welcome carsins, our newest member.

At first, I thought I read CORSAGE... which would go very well with BIGBOOBS7 don't you think?!

François de Paris

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »

Don't tell me I'm all alone again!

"Alone Again!
Naturally!".............

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »

Having worked for 10 years in the Welfare office here in town, beleive me, these are nothing.

-TCB

The following are all replies that Dallas TX women have written
on Child Support Agency forms in the section for listing "father's
details". Or putting it another way... Who's yo' Daddy? These are
genuine excerpts from the forms (truth be told??). Number 11 takes 1st
prize and #3 is runner up. Number 5 gives new meaning to people from
Virginia

1. Regarding the identity of the father of my twins, child A was
fathered by Jim Munson. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of
child B, but I believe that he was conceived on the same night.

2. I am unsure, as to the identity of the father of my child as
I was being sick out of a window when taken unexpectedly from behind. I
can provide you with a list of names of men that I think were at the
party if this helps.

3. I do not know the name of the father of my little girl. She
was conceived at a party at 3600 Grand Avenue where I had unprotected
sex with a man I met that night. I do remember that the sex was so good
that I fainted. If you do manage to track down the father, can you send
me his phone number? Thanks.

4. I don't know the identity of the father of my daughter. He
drives a BMW that now has a hole made by my stiletto in one of the door
panels. Perhaps you can contact BMW service stations in this area and
see if he's had it replaced.

5. I have never had sex with a man. I am still a Virginian. I am
awaiting a letter from the Pope confirming that my son's conception was
ejaculate and that he is the Saver risen again.

6 I cannot tell you the name of child A's dad as he informs me
that to do so would blow his cover and that would have cataclysmic
implications for the economy. I am torn between doing right by you and
right by the country. Please advise.

7. I do not know who the father of my child was as all blacks
look the same to me.

8. Peter Smith Is the father of child A. If you do catch up with
him, can you ask him what he did with my AC/DC CDs? Child B who was also
borned at the same time ... well, I don't have clue.

9. From the dates it seems that my daughter was conceived at
Disney World; maybe it really is the Magic Kingdom.

10. So much about that night is a blur. The only thing that I
remember for sure is Delia Smith did a program about eggs earlier in the
evening. If I had stayed in and watched more TV rather than going to the
party at 146 Miller Drive, mine might have remained unfertilized.

11. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my baby,
after all, like when you eat a can of beans you can't be sure which one
made you fart.

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2006, 04:30:07 PM »

Pleasing you pleases me!

Isn't that the title of a song by ABBA?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »

Had some lunch with Mr. Grant Geissman and am now through for the day.  I never did get to relax any, but from now until bedtime, relax I will, except for packing.  Will I be allowed to bring cologne in my carry on?  It's not aerosol, which I know they don't allow.  Chapstick is, thankfully, fine.  I printed out my boarding pass, so I don't even have to check in in the morning.

FJL

« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »

Bruce - That's great!  I was just about to email you to remind you about checking in online.

FJL

« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »

When you print your boarding pass the day before, do you still have to check in at the gate by a certain time, though?

FJL

« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »

I'm so close to post #3200.

FJL

« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »

But that's not really a milestone of any consequence, is it?

FJL

« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »

DR William F Orr, thanks again for getting that envelope to Tom and Colin.  

They should be headed towards the Gershwin theater to see WICKED as I speak (or write).

FJL

« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »

And since I'm almost there...

FJL

« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2006, 04:53:37 PM »

Post #3200

François de Paris

« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »

Isn't that the title of a song by ABBA?

Maybe, but I think ABBA should be spelled backwards!! ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2006, 04:59:01 PM »

I'm so close to 3200.

Oh no, you still have a couple of years to go!
“One thing’s universal,

François de Paris

« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2006, 05:00:18 PM »

5. I have never had sex with a man. I am still a Virginian. I am
awaiting a letter from the Pope confirming that my son's conception was
ejaculate and that he is the Saver risen again.

Oooohh.... that's what The Virginian was all about!! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2006, 05:05:44 PM »

They recommend getting to the airport ninety minutes before the flight, which is what I'm doing.   Just booked transportation from Newark to the hotel - not nearly as expensive as I thought.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2006, 05:06:22 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from New York City!

The train ride back up was pleasant and semi-uneventful.  There was one lady who made it known from the moment she stepped into the Quiet Car that it would truly be "THE QUIET CAR".  -Oops... Someone forgot to turn off their cell-phone.... Guess who started running up the aisle to chide them.  -Oh, someone laughed a little too loud at a joke one of their companions told them...  There she was again getting up and going to their seat and "reasoning" with them.  Of course, the best part was when she stopped the conductor and asked why he was not enforcing the rules.  He kindly informed here that he cannot be in the The Quiet Car all the time, but that he does make his regular rounds up and down the WHOLE train every 10-15 minutes.  If he happened to not be in the car when someone "dared" to break the code of silence, well, that was just luck of the draw so to speak.  "But that doesn't make sense.  Can't you make sure that when you punch each passengers ticket that you remind them of the rules?"  -Well, since the Quiet Car announcement is made at each stop via a very loud loudspeaker system... "But I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, I'm just simply asking that you..."

Alas, the woman ended up causing more noise and commotion than anyone else in the quiet car.  *And she sort of got her comeuppance as the train pulled into Penn Station and the lights came back up to full - all the people that she had berated started to look back at her and gave her dirty looks.

;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:16:39 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »

Had some lunch with Mr. Grant Geissman and am now through for the day.  I never did get to relax any, but from now until bedtime, relax I will, except for packing.  Will I be allowed to bring cologne in my carry on?  It's not aerosol, which I know they don't allow.  Chapstick is, thankfully, fine.  I printed out my boarding pass, so I don't even have to check in in the morning.

BK:

No.

No liquids, and they mean it.  Joe recently took a plane, and I printed out twenty pages of airline regulations about baggage beforehand.  Liquids must all be in checked baggage.

Of course, some of the regulations--including this one--are patently absurd.  Supposedly you are not allowed to lock your checked luggage!  Well, no one ever tells you that, so nobody knows, and we went ahead and locked.  Our neighbor who flies abroad a couple of times a year said she had never heard of this.

Of course, the liquid thing is just plain silly too.  Supposedly the "plot" by the terrorists (who didn't even have passports) involved mixing three common household liquids in flight to produce a crystaline explosive.  I read an article by a chemist explaining that one of the three liquids was extremely difficult to obtain in the correct strength, the liquids must be kept near freezing, the mixing process would only work if the quantities were precise and one of the liquids had to be slowly titrated--the process of crystalization would take four to five hours.  Meanwhile, someone just might wonder why they were in the rest room that long and kept asking for more ice buckets!

But at least having colognes and lipsticks confiscated will make travelers think something is being done to make them safe.  And just maybe it will scare them into voting Republican in the mid-term elections.

Not to insult the Republicans on this site.  But they are real Republicans, not members of the cabal that has taken over their party.

Sorry about the rant.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled chat.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2006, 05:21:27 PM »

They recommend getting to the airport ninety minutes before the flight, which is what I'm doing.   Just booked transportation from Newark to the hotel - not nearly as expensive as I thought.

Newark into the city really isn't bad at all.  And if you just wanted to take the busses that run every 10-15 minutes from Newark to Port Authority...  Alas, I miss the water shuttle that used to run from Newark to Battery Park.  That was always a great - and scenic and fast - way to get into Manhattan.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »

DH Richard and I just returned from a festive dinner at El Rancho Grande, a new Mexican restaurant here in town.  I had one margarita, which has almost flattened me - good thing I didn't finish it!

The discussion about what you are and are not allowed to carry on a plane reminded me of the day I left NYC last October.  Remember, DRs Cillaliz, Danise, Jane, and I had been to Saks Fifth Avenue to have our makeup done and we had all spent obscene amounts of money on Bobbi Brown cosmetics.  We went to lunch, I put my Saks bag in my carry on, they threw me in a taxi, and I was off to LaGuardia.  If that happened now, I'd have to discard all those expensive products at the airport.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »

Well, I have a low-blood-sugar headache, I believe...  And since it has been more than a couple of hours since my last meal...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2006, 05:31:02 PM »

A delightful day in the city with delightful company.  Colin is a truly charming and witty man.  Tomovoz is exactly the Tomovoz I have known for years through this site--only shorter.

They came bearing gifts for all and sun-dried--Tom even brought something for my Joe (who was not there for reasons I will explain later)--precisely what he knew Joe would like.  I was quite touched.

Larry brought some souvenirs from The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun.  vixmom had a gift for the Ozians.  I felt a bit bad that I arrived empty-handed.   :(

We chatted and ate and chatted and chatted some more.  And then we chatted.  Life is good!

There were three Twilight Zone moments in my day:  first with vixmom trying to make a left turn in a city marked No Left Turn at every opportunity--which took us from the West Side to the East Side and back again.  Second, waiting in the lobby of Fred's building while he was out on the sidewalk waiting for me.  And third, trying to find the two vixens (oh! I bad!) in the humongous Toys R Us® designed (presumably) by Franz Kafka, while I swear I could hear Rod Serling intoning, above the squealing children, "We present for your consideration William F. Orr..."

I'm so sad I will likely not join in any of next weekend's festivities for reasons I will explain anon.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2006, 05:31:37 PM »

Huang Ruo will be here for the premiere. Kind of cool to have the composer here in  Sioux City for the premier of his work.

I mean, hey, it's Sioux City, renown destination for the international dilettante set! ;)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2006, 05:37:43 PM »

Clearly the meal of an Anna Rexic.  My God!  And I guarantee that was, most likely, the ONLY meal - maybe there was a bowl of oatmeal in the morning.  I am dieting and careful about what I eat, but I EAT at least one EXCELLENT MEAL a day.  Pretzels, apple rings, and red licorice - brilliant, and classic for a ninety-five pound person.  End of personal opinion.

Nice that you're so concerned about my health, Bruce, but if I were really Ms. Anna Rexic, I  wouldn't talk about not eating properly (see Nicole Ritchie). The reason I mentioned this particular "meal' was that I thought it was a funny feast for the holidays.
As for my actual weight - you're a tad off. Ironically, I had a doctor's appointment today at my beloved Toluca Lake Motion Picture and Television Health Center - where the walls are decorated with huge black & white portraits of REAL movie stars like Cary Grant and Judy Garland (and where the room in which blood is taken features a portrait of Bela Lugosi)... Anyway, as it happens I was weighed this very afternoon, the way they always do when one goes to the doc - albeit with clothes on and in the middle of the day - but I doubt that my clothes weigh 10 pounds!
So 95 pounds I am not! (Although - even if I were - at my height that still wouldn't be anywhere near anorexic. )
But, as I said, thanks for the concern.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up