Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN A TRICE  (Read 26054 times)

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
Re:NOTES IN A TRICE
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2003, 02:16:55 PM »

Just a little side note here about Mr. Holland's Opus:  I was watching the Olympics in, I believe, 1996, and I heard the Opus.  That was surreal.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2003, 02:18:30 PM »

Today was a fun day. In Biology, we went on a "field trip". Where did we go, you might be asking? Well, we put our coats on, lined up, and climbed through the (very annoying) windows, into the courtyard. Once we got there, we realized that no one had brought a chair outside as a step to get back in, and it was c-c-c-cold. So we had to run to the other windows, begging people to let us in. There was no point to this field trip, BTW, he was just trying to keep us awake.

Then I went to Spartan Singers, and we finished choreographing our jazz version of "Carol of the Bells". My choir teacher is nice, but she is no choreographer. Laura II, you have MUCH to look forward to, :).

And today was "Mix It Up" day at all lunches. Apparently my Algebra teacher is a DJ in his spare time, because he had all of this HUGE equipment set up, and was playing music while we ate. They gave us pieces of colored paper, and, when they told us to, we were supposed to go and sit at the table that matched our color, to "mix it up, and meet someone new!" I ended up with my very good friend Stephanie and some freshmen who looked scared to death. Fun stuff.

I don't know from Neil Simon, except God's Favorite. Our school did it last year as the fall play, and I went to see it, but I don't remember the storyline or the characters. I remember being bored.

I don't even know where you people are GETTING these smilies. What is the name of the site, again?

BTW: Jennifer, you are MUCH closer to a Goddess than I am, no complaining!

Emily: I offered you my brother last night. He's not worth much, I wouldn't charge you more than $50 American. He's 6'3 with red hair and blue eyes, and he's slowly coming to his senses about how dating evil witch girls is a BAD idea. Perfect! Sort of... I'l look and see if I have his picture on my comp. somewhere.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Emily

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2003, 02:25:38 PM »

Emily: I offered you my brother last night. He's not worth much, I wouldn't charge you more than $50 American. He's 6'3 with red hair and blue eyes, and he's slowly coming to his senses about how dating evil witch girls is a BAD idea. Perfect! Sort of... I'l look and see if I have his picture on my comp. somewhere.

but sarah... who is to say that I am not an evil witch girl?!?  bwa ha ha ha ha!!!  I have been hiding this side for too long... :o
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2003, 02:27:59 PM »

Ah, the days of high school.  sigh

The smilie site I've been using is www.clicksmilies.com.

How can you choreograph Carol of the Bells?  shudder

Here is an entry for the Smilie contest, and you have to watch it from beginning to end because it's a story:

Emily

« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2003, 02:29:11 PM »

Joy what a terribly tragic smilie! It has made me sad.

:(
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2003, 02:31:22 PM »

C & W singer/songwriter Don Gibson (NOT HILLBILLY OK Jason) has also left us. For those who are too young or too old, he wrote "Sweet Dreams Of You", "I Can't Stop Loving You" etc. His best known recordings are "Blue Blue Day", "Sea Of Heartbreak" and "Oh Lonesome Me" - great songs from the childhood of people such as Benjamin Kritzer.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 02:42:07 PM by Tom from OZ »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2003, 02:32:34 PM »

Holy moley on rye I HATE when people my age die of heart attacks.  I loved Mr. Kamen's score for The Dead Zone - masterful even though he used quite a bit of Sibelius note for note.

Post, you little doggies.  Round 'em up, you little doggies.  See what working on a cowboy show does to you.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2003, 02:35:08 PM »

BK, what's the cowboy show?  Sorry if I missed it in previous posts, but as you know, I've been out of the loop.

I used to be a cowgirl.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2003, 02:35:15 PM »

Swishy!!!  I wanted to thank you for the kind comments the other day.  You are so sweet.  My goal in life is to keep all of you amused.  Now just one second, Miss Sarah you offered your brother to Emily for $50.00, and you didn't entertain any other offers.  Wouldn't you rather send him all the way to Washington State, where he wouldn't know how to get home?

Noel -- Well, I knew the rhyme might be a stretch, but hey, that is why you are the composer and not me.

Joy -- Nothing quite as exciting as the National Touring Company.  Just a community theater production.  However, I wouldn't mind touring in that show, provided I was allowed to kill off one orphan each week.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2003, 02:36:43 PM »

Besides, Noel, I am one of those that pronounces Mary, marry, and merry exactly the same.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2003, 02:36:56 PM »

My time frame is haywire today. Where is Ann? the gang's all here. Those of us from Washington that is.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2003, 02:38:46 PM »

So you would be killing orphans orfen? (a sort of Pirates reference).
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2003, 02:39:21 PM »

Ozzie -- Did this songwriter have a name?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2003, 02:42:34 PM »

Joy: Working on a show called Cowboy U, a reality show.

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2003, 02:44:20 PM »

You want to know so much. Are you wiser now? I need a proofreader. The thought Of Jason becoming upset by C & W references  derailed my train of thought. Thanks TCB.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2003, 02:44:46 PM »

Here are a few smilies that I found (I hope that they're not duplicates of ones others have already posted):

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2003, 02:45:18 PM »

I am sorry that Petula Clark came in at the end of the movie musical era in the USA because I think she would have been a wonderful Amalia Balish, for example (though Julie Andrews was going to do it after MGM canceled SAY IT WITH MUSIC. Then SLM got canceled as MGM tottered on the verge of bankruptcy.) I think Barbra was the best thing about the movie version of ON A CLEAR DAY, but I would love to have seen Petula's Daisy Gamble.

The four minute "Ole Devil Moon" sequence in FINIAN'S RAINBOW is among the most erotic and sexy of all movie musical numbers: the song, those two actors and their wonderful voices - perfection.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 02:53:32 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2003, 03:01:02 PM »

Here are a few smilies that I found (I hope that they're not duplicates of ones others have already posted):

It's not working-for me anyway.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2003, 03:04:58 PM »

I just love the film version of Finian's Rainbow.  I can hardly wait to see it again.  I can hardly believe that it was directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2003, 03:05:03 PM »

Lovely contestants in the smilie contest.

www.clicksmilies.com is the location DR Jennifer!  DR Joy introduced it to use a couple of weeks ago.

DR Emily how was your commute today?  Was it easier!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2003, 03:05:20 PM »

Here are a few more:

I like this one:

And a "What is it...fish?" smilie:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2003, 03:05:20 PM »

George, first the boxes with the x’s were there, then gone, now they are back.  Now I’m really curious to know what is behind the spot marked with an X.

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2003, 03:05:56 PM »

The earth didn't move for me either Jane. I thought may be the reception was bad this side of the Pacific.
You're still way ahead of me George. I have not even bothered with trying to send a smiley face.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 03:13:25 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2003, 03:07:01 PM »

The same thing happened to me after I posted them.  Try refreshing your browser...maybe a couple of times.  I see them again, now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2003, 03:07:08 PM »

Some of Hermes Pan's choreography in Finian's Rainbow is tiresome, but for the most part it is glorious!  I love "This Time of the Year", "Old Devil Moon" (of course), and "How are Things in Glocca Morra?"
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2003, 03:09:25 PM »

Bogie and Echo are just demanding I give them attention.  Our son prefers small pets and has Sugar Gliders.  Tom from Oz, since they are from Australia, do you see them often?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2003, 03:11:08 PM »

George, I love the 007 smilie.  I vote for that one.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2003, 03:13:09 PM »

George, I love the 007 smilie.  I vote for that one.

Still a mystery to me.  It isn't in the new batch that I can see?

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2003, 03:18:25 PM »

Don't see your son around at all Jane. No suger gliders around here  but we do have ring tailed possums (small and very cute) thundering across the roof most nights, and the larger Brush tailed possums are also on the property. We sometime a have a wallaby in the garden and echidnas also are common to this area (and visit the garden). We have 5 varieties of parrot as frequent visitors. I was hand feeding (that is it was feeding from see held in my hand) a young King parrot yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 03:23:29 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2003, 03:26:16 PM »

Yes, I watch my FINIAN's laserdisc fairly often, but it'll be nice to have a clearer DVD copy that won't necessitate putting in a separate disc to finish up the film.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up