Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING TO THE WELL  (Read 23809 times)

Ben

Re:GOING TO THE WELL
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 06:35:08 AM »

Well, well, well, let us move to Page 2!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 06:37:09 AM »

From Violet:

"Mama, why's a man have eyes?
-If I tell you, don't you tell.
So he can try you on for size.
There's honey in the bushes, Lord,
And water in the well.

Mama, why's a man have hands?
-If I tell you, don't you tell.
Go ask your beau he understands.
There's honey in the bushes, Lord,
And water in the well."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 06:39:38 AM »

Well, well, well, well... (That's four "wells" - Take that, bk!  Put that in your well and smoke it!)  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 06:40:01 AM »

Hmm.. And "well" ryhmes with "frell"... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

Hey DR MattH, re: spoilers for this week's VANISHED.

(don't read if you don't want to know).

I was shocked by the shooting this week. I'm sure glad that i had not read any spoilers about that. But my gosh I sure hope that guy isn't dead. He is my favorite character on the show!

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 06:51:04 AM »

Oh and re: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS (i'm just voting now).

I thought most everyone was quite good. Everyone but sara and jerry springer were actually quite fantastic.

My favorite again was mario. But i thought emmitt was the best he's ever been. And joey and willa were also quite good. As was vivica and monique.

I would hope that sara or jerry will leave (since they are the weakest). But i can't believe how well everyone is doing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 07:10:59 AM »

Well...

Max Brenner, of the previously mentioned Bald Man Chocolates, was just on "Martha Stewart"...  Hmm... I may have to make a trip down to Union Square today.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 07:24:53 AM »

Looks like we're 8-10 people tomorrow (thurs.) night, so where do we want to try to go?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

Good morning!

Another in a long string of beautiful days. No rain, bright sunshine, and cool mornings. Can't think of anything much better than this.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 07:58:31 AM »

Hey DR MattH, re: spoilers for this week's VANISHED.

(don't read if you don't want to know).

I was shocked by the shooting this week. I'm sure glad that i had not read any spoilers about that. But my gosh I sure hope that guy isn't dead. He is my favorite character on the show!

more spoiler space

As I mentioned in a post yesterday, I had read late this summer that this was going to happen; I just didn't believe it. I'd love it if this was a staged hoax that will surprise us later in the season, but I'm afraid what we saw was "real."

And I agree, he was my favorite character, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »

In the horse racing department (concerning DR TCB's estimation of FUNNY FACE last night):

I find nothing scary about it. In fact, I think it's one of the greatest film musicals ever made.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 08:01:30 AM »

Hello from Ottawa, where it's raining at the moment. I'm thrilled that I remembered to bring an umbrella. The B&B where I'm staying is wonderful. I have a suite that covers almost an entire floor of a Victorian house - charming, but still equipped with wireless Internet. Just finished a made-to-order breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and homemade strawberry jam - with the best coffee I've had in ages -  and soon will take a walk to look around the Parliament buildings, book shops, galleries, etc. (all nearby). I'm paying $85/night (Can.) for all this!

This evening I go to the National Arts Center for the opening of the Hungarian photo exhibit - President of Hungary in attendance - then to a concert at the NAC.
Tomorrow will be interviewed for some Hungarian TV show (the interview will take place at the Best Western Hotel - the glamor never stops!) - then back to LA.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 08:04:58 AM by Maria »

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2006, 08:01:50 AM »

Of course, the big news for me is the season premiere of LOST tonight, but I am also looking forward to the premiere of THE NINE.

It's a creation of the man responsible for WITHOUT A TRACE, so instantly it has my attention. The cast looks wonderful, too.

Odd, though: the USA TODAY TV critic gave it four stars out of four. The TV critic for my local paper gave it a heavy thumbs down. Looks like I'll really be making my own mind up about this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 08:04:25 AM »

This afternoon will come VERONICA MARS (first on my list to watch) and then BOSTON LEGAL, SVU, and HELP ME, HELP YOU.

There is a new BONES on tonight, but the HOUSE episode that Fox is playing at 9 is a rerun from last season.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »

The premiere of UGLY BETTY last week ranked 9th among all prime time shows, the best premiere of a new show yet this season.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »

A favorite use of "well, well, well, well" is in "Last Dance" - Donna Summer's delivery of those words was a joy to behold.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2006, 08:23:27 AM »

"Friday Night Lights" -- Possible SPOILERS:

Much of the show left me wondering what all the critical fuss was about.

Kyle Chandler can do no wrong, in my book...but Texas football and the depiction of what a coach has to endure with all the "wheels' in a community telling the coach what "we" expect and what "we" want and what "we" won't allow is pretty much BORING to me.

It's realistic, of course, but I don't have to like it.

:D

That said, the show didn't really crystallize for me until the final 10 minutes when everything we had been subjected to was put to an enormous test....I found those final minutes exhilarating.  

I know I was manipulated....but I don't care.  I like an emotional catharsis and the show delivered one.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2006, 08:24:08 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  My publisher is trying to figure out why amazon has added a "sourcing fee" to the latest book - it makes the hardcover cost $44.10!  Neither of us have ever seen such a thing and it certainly wasn't there when the book first went up.  I'd called amazon yesterday, and they told me it could have only come from the publisher.  The publisher tells me they've never heard of such a thing and that it absolutely didn't come from them.  The fun never stops at amazon - the publisher is supposedly calling them to discuss.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2006, 08:30:39 AM »

Well... I've dawdled long enough this morning.  Time to get some cleaning done, and then it's off to the matinee of A Chorus Line.  :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:37 AM »

*Just checked the weather for today and tomorrow...  Today: mid-80s with thunderstorms possible later tonight.  Tomorrow: mid-60s and partly sunny/cloudy.  Good weather for a walk in the park.  :)  -Bring a light sweater.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »

I, too, love Kyle Chandler. He was terrific in the GREY'S ANATOMY episodes that he guest-starred on last season (and earned an Emmy nomination).

Since the central theme of the show FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS is high school football, I just won't be tuning in. I made the senior high band when I was in the eighth grade, so that meant five years of attending every football game, regular season and playoffs plus the Shrine Bowl when we had players participating (which was four out of the five years). Never much a fan of football anyway, this barrage of football games during those years gave me a real dislike of the game. So, I can't watch a show where that's the pitch of the series.

But I'll follow its progress with interest. Lots of critics are really high on the show, so I'll be keen to see if it catches on.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2006, 08:36:36 AM »

I see that the Motion Picture Masterpiece Collection comes out from Warners next week. This is the boxed set that contains MGM's versions of A TALE OF TWO CITIES, DAVID COPPERFIELD, MARIE ANTOINETTE, TREASURE ISLAND, and DR Elmore's least favorite PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. Can't wait to have these on DVD.

THey are available separately if you want to pick up one or two of them only. The boxed set is really a good buy - about $7 per movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2006, 08:37:10 AM »

Off to think about fixing some lunch.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 08:38:24 AM »

"Eureka" -- Possible SPOILERS:

I've rather liked this SciFi Channel show since its premiere -- what was it? -- six weeks ago?

At any rate, there can't have been more than six or seven episodes, yet last night was the "season FINALE."

Don't know what's up with that...except that SciFi seems to be taking shows and splitting their seasons.  "Stargate-SG-1", for instance, started up back in early July.  Later, word was released that this season would be the final one for the show.  Two weeks ago, however, the "season finale" aired....and it was a "to-be-continued" cliffhanger.  The series resumes in January....obviously, it's a "split" season.

All that said, last night's episode of "Eureka" was really interesting, imaginative and fun.  I don't have the kind of "scientific mind" to know whether there's any credence to what's being discussed, proposed, etc.  But I can relate to the sheriff's situation of having to live and work in the environment...and Colin Ferguson plays the sheriff to perfection.

I've barely gotten "into" the show...and now it's on hiatus.

Oh, yes my friends....the landscape of television -- as we knew it -- has changed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 08:41:35 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2006, 08:39:19 AM »

Well... I've dawdled long enough this morning.  Time to get some cleaning done, and then it's off to the matinee of A Chorus Line.  :)

Laters...

ENJOY!

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:25 AM »

Greetings from Omaha....yes I'm still in Omaha, don't know where jhvw is, last I heard after a one hour delay he had been sitting on the tarmac in Kansas City for 45 minutes. There are all sorts of problems in Chicago.  I heard someone tallking about problems with our flight, so I got in line immediately and was able to transfer to Midwest airlines going through Milwaukee.  Upside - hot chocolate chip cookies.  

I'll get to LaGuardia about 4:30 if everything goes well.  If not who knows.  I don't know when jhvw will get there.
LOL What an advenure.   I hope Jon is doing ok and not stressing too much.    SO....we'll get there when we get there...

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2006, 08:47:34 AM »

Well, I probably should sign off.  Send lots of vibes that we get to NYC in time to make it to ACL tonight....

FJL

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2006, 09:28:12 AM »

Travel vibes to Cilla and jhvw!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:28:37 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2006, 09:30:02 AM »

BK - Your package awaits at your mail place.

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2006, 09:41:28 AM »

I am also looking forward to seeing LOST tonight.  I will watch NINE. But i think i'm going to record it on saturday instead (when it is on the canadian channel here). There is something else i want to see at 10pm tonight.

Oh and DR MattH, I saw VERONICA MARS (no spoilers). Very good. ANd the first scene had me cracking up. I just love Veronica.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up