Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUNNIES AND EGGS  (Read 16783 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BUNNIES AND EGGS
« on: March 26, 2005, 12:02:22 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know that bunnies and eggs are a comin', and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home, which will be just in time for their gaily-colored eggs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 12:01:43 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BUNNIES AND EGGS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 12:07:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: VERMILLION!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 12:15:33 AM »

Properly spelled, "vermilion" should have but one "L". There's something I learned watching Johnny Carson. Some dictionaries do list both though.

My folks used to hide the Easter baskets, and one Easter I just could NOT find mine. It was always fun when it wasn't too easy, but this got way past that point, and all the siblings were enjoying their goodies, and I was still looking and growing increasingly upset. Eventually, they gave me some clear hints, but not soon enough, in my opinion. It was hanging behind some coats on the stairway.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 12:16:10 AM by Rodzinski »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 12:25:03 AM »

Yes, both spellings, I believe, are acceptable, therefore we can have both spellings here at haineshisway.com.  

VERMILLION!

VERMILION!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 12:26:02 AM »

Well, I shall toddle off to the bedroom environment, for I must get my beauty sleep before she of the Evil Eye arrives.

BUTT - before I go, let me just reiterate - VERMILLION!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:26:19 AM »

Frankly, VERMILLION, I don't give a damn!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 12:28:37 AM »

I have no special Easter memories.  Just church and Easter baskets.  Later when my aunt had kids, it seems we went to their house every Easter and had an Easter egg hunt.  Aside from eating too much candy and sitting bored in church, I don't remember a heck of a lot about it.  Oh, I guess we got (and will get) over the weekend the usual barrage of Christ films.  Seems like the deliciously over-ripe Mr. Frank Thring will be all over our TV screens, lisping: "DanssssSalome!"

Charles Pogue

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 12:30:19 AM »

It seems there was always that egg that was found  a week later under a chair or something near the radiator, beginning to rot and stink up the place.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 12:31:01 AM »

I have lovely memories of looking for Easter Eggs around our Jewish house.  I think I accidentally crushed one that was hidden under the pillow on the couch.  I heard a big ol' scrunch, and when I removed the pillow I discovered a fractured egg, with bits of gaily-colored shell broken off.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 12:32:15 AM »

I, too, once attempted to make hard-boiled eggs so that they could be gaily-colored, but no one had informed me how long they had to cook - therefore I left them in the water until they exploded.  That was most amusing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 12:33:02 AM »

And the food of the day is, in honor of Easter - EGGS.  I think I may go eat an omelet this morning, as part of my killing time time.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 12:34:49 AM »

Actually, with inflation, the new spelling is VERBILLION.

Eggs, yes, rotten and crushed. All part of God's great Easter plan.

And now, sleep o'ertakes me. G'night!

Charles Pogue

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 12:37:04 AM »

All I have to say is "DansssssSalome!"

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 12:59:26 AM »

From "The Mad Show" and Stephen Sondheim-

Why are his trousers vermillion?
His trousers are vermillion.
Why does he claim he's Castilian?
He thayth that he'th Cathtilian.
Why do his friends call him...Lillian?

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 01:09:48 AM »

Although my daughter was raised in a Jewish home, I could never resist hiding easter eggs, jelly beans, and other assorted Easter treats all over the back yard-even inside the gas barbecue! Yellow peeps in the branches of the lemon tree. Speckled chocolate eggs hidden amongst cacti and palm trees. Chocolate rabbits peaking out from potted azaleas, and dozens of brightly colored eggs in the rose garden. All of the candy had to be discovered before the mid-afternoon, as it would sometimes get up to over 80 degrees by then, and all of the chocolates would melt. This was in Phoenix, ya see.I'll always remember her delight in the hunt and the discoveries. I'm not sure which one of us had the most fun.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 02:58:06 AM »

I encountered an angel on the street this afternoon.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 03:00:46 AM »

He was peeping around the corner. I have no idea what’s “his mission” or “for what” he’ve got down to the earth or “since when” he’s ever been there.  Nobody around him
* Hisaka had turned one’s attention to him, as if all passers didn’t recognize him at all. I was the only person who could see him? (….in the Twilight Zone?)

Oh, he came down here on the earth for Easter!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2005, 03:02:06 AM »

What happened to my post???

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2005, 03:03:19 AM »

An angel's trick???

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 03:06:08 AM »

Or I really am in the Twilight Zone???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 04:27:15 AM »

Good morning, al!  Yes, I had a great evening with DRRodzinski watching SCOTLAND, PA, and I too enjoyed the film.  Who'd have thought a play about Scottish kings could become a metaphor for upwardly mobile white trash?

Back to Barnes & Noble today.  I think I may stop at the market today and bring in an Easter treat.

Yes, Dear Friend BK, I have a hard-boiled egg ready for lunch today.  I believe this may be the first time ever I'm on the HHW dietary schedule.

DRJose, I do have plans tonight, but when you move to Manhattan, I promise we'll get our spy glasses and go musical sleuthing.

More to follow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 05:43:44 AM »

What a lovely day! I didn't sleep much - sunlight pouring in through the big windows... who can sleep with such a light??? And who'd want to, after so dark and drear a winter... It's SPRING!!!

Good show last night, made all the lovlier by Jose having brought this all-but-anorexic little has-been a whopping great box o' pastries and hamentashen from one of his haunts up there near the GW Bridge! Oh, yummmmmm. How does one sing with a mouthful of cookies?????

Hard to believe that two weeks ago we were hammering out plans for our show, getting ready to load in, fiddling with a zillion vermillion details -- and by tomorrow afternoon it's done. So fleeting is that ol' illusion, Time.

We do get another couple of reviews - one comes out on Tuesday - Show Business Weekly - they asked for a pic yesterday. And some online site called New York Theatre Wire or something. Also a quarterly magazine sometime in the summer. (I will hold off crabbing about my "press/publicity" person...)

Had a rather wistful call from my mom yesterday -- when am I coming back. I think I'll cut the follow-up period to about a week, and get on a plane. I'm done here - and both of them have waited so patiently. It was so fun to play dress up, and cavort on a NY stage again. It'll be there for me, any time. My parents won't.

Thanks, all wonderful DR's for helping me celebrate. There is no business like show business!! Onward...
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 06:19:11 AM »

I do have a special Easter memory. In the small SC town where I grew up, there was always an Easter fashion show featuring kids wearing new Easter clothes from the various department stores around town. A cousin of mine owned a children's clothing store called The Dianne Shop, and for several years in a row, I was the male child who took part in the fashion show for her store. I never liked the clothes very much that I was made to wear, but it was fun parading up and down a runway as a kid while people snapped pictures.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 06:21:20 AM »

I have three more episodes of FRIENDS to watch on the 9th Season DVD set, and then I have LAURA  ready to go.

However, yesterday, I received a used copy of THE TERMINAL which I got for $5. Looking forward to seeing that.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2005, 06:22:50 AM »

The friend who invited me to his home for Easter dinner tomorrow has also promised to loan me the DODGEBALL DVD to watch. That should be goofy fun, too.

Danise

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 07:08:21 AM »

Good morning all!

I had a cup of……..coffee (yuck) this morning.  I had brought home the little packs of coffee from my hotel room and Mom wanted to try them.  Problem.  We don’t have a coffee maker.  Mom always drank instant.  

So yesterday I bought her a little Mr. Coffee 4 cup coffee maker.  It’s a nice little machine that makes the coffee in under seven minutes and it has a timer on it so you can set to make the coffee before you get up in the morning.  NeatO, huh?

To bad I don’t happen to like the stuff.  Ugh.  I don’t know how people drink it on a daily basis.  I remember when I was kid that I wasn’t allowed to even have it because it was “bad for your nerves”.  I had to wait until I was grown to even try it.  I could still wait as far as that drink is concerned.

I will say that I noticed that you (DR Jose) waited to go out with others to have an “adult beverage”.  I’m sure that no one would have minded if you had your coffee at the table with us.   ;) :D

DR JRand, I don’t have any of the DS DVD’s/Tapes.  Sorry.  I wish they would release “House of Dark Shadows” and “Night of Dark Shadows”.  

They are going to give it third try?  Of course, I’ll watch it if it comes out but I don’t think it will be as “good” as the first time around.

DR Jane, I hope your eyes are better today.  Healing Eye Vibes your way!

BTW, I like “Larry”!   :)

Sorry I didn’t post when I got home last night but I was tired.  I couldn’t believe how my legs hurt.  I guess I did more walking last weekend then I thought.  I was going to go to the Ren Fest today but think I shall put that off until next weekend.

I think I may have found my notebook computer—an Averatec 3270 either the notebook version or the tablet PC.  Just can’t make my mind up as to which.  The guy at Circuit City is trying to talk me into the Toshiba M35XS311.  He said the battery life is much better on it but it seems much bigger and heaver then the Averatec.  Any thoughts?  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 07:09:35 AM »

Hey, Vixmom--Is THIS the place you "must" vist with the Vixter?   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 07:10:30 AM »

If I had to pick one of the dolls for myself, it would be this one.....
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2005, 07:11:16 AM »

And I would HAVE to have this as well.......
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2005, 07:13:54 AM »

BTW--It would be the horse I want, not the doll next to it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up