Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUNNIES AND EGGS  (Read 16729 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:BUNNIES AND EGGS
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2005, 11:27:38 AM »

George, funny now but I doubt your mother thought so at the time.  I have forgotten where I hid Christmas presents.  A few were saved until the following year.

You are lucky you enjoy the smell of coffee.  One can avoid drinking it but not smelling it.  Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the smell really bothers me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2005, 11:32:15 AM »

Friday morning, with little in the way of sleep for either of us, der B and I were up early.  We'd been commissioned to ladsit again.  We put Peggy down in the basement, so that she wouldn't bolt over the fence, and took Fletcher with us.  

Ah, but we were not just to ladsit this time!  There were Easter Eggs to dye, which meant they needed to be hardboiled first.  It was because der Brucer took on the boiling task that I got to sit with the lads while they watched The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.  I have never seen anything as vile, as crass, as purile, and I don't mean that in a nice way.  The lads, of course, loved it.

We took the lads and Fletcher with us to Sam's Club, where der B had to pick up some things.  Fletcher spent the trip to the store, a half-hour trip, in my lap.  He waited for us with admirable patience while we shopped (der B also had been given a list from his daughter, so we had two carts to load), and then waited again wile we lunched at McDonalds.  McDonalds is evil, but the lads love it.  Bleh.  One more stop, at Best Buy for a copy of Yellow Submarine on DVD for the lads (they were out) and we headed back to the homestead, Fletcher on my lap again, this time on his back while I rubbed his belly.

Fletcher weighs 85 pounds, by the way.

After that, there were eggs to be dyed, and the parents returned home, and we were finally on our way back to our own abode.  Peggy was very happy to be out of the basement, and hunted through the house for her missing pups.  Der B and I had a light dinner, and crashed early.

And that's pretty much how things stand for now.  Six dogs, two humans.  I'm the only one awake this afternoon.  Such is life.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2005, 11:33:27 AM »

I love coffee! LOL! Usually just plain black coffee...sometimes with cream.

JMK, it seems to me that the train from PETTICOAT JUNCTION is from Oregon...check the credits next time you watch the show.

Paul Henning did some fantastic shows...I still love BEVERLY HILLBILLIES! The show always makes me laugh!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »

Now to catch up on what everyone else has been doing!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2005, 11:37:38 AM »

HHW LIVE CHAT on Monday!!!

Be there or be square!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2005, 11:37:56 AM »

Stopped at Target to look for a new G.F. Grill...will wait until the Sunday ads to see if anything is on sale tomorrow.

Did get Easter basket, and items to fill it with, for my niece Katie and her hubby Brian...it is just a tradition I guess...she is 22 years old now! LOL! I always get one Hello Kitty item and at least one Pez dispenser to go in the basket....in addition I added the DVD for Bambi as that was the first movie I took Katie to when she was a youngster (plus she had mentioned that she wanted it)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2005, 11:41:44 AM »

I, too, am no coffee drinker.  The only time I've ever drunk coffee was when I was playing Noah in THE RAINMAKER in Dinner Theatre (James Drury, "The Virginian", played Stabuck; Larry Drake played Jimmy as sort of a puppyish Hoss Cartwright).  Since coffee is a staple of dinner theatre buffets, props just gave us real coffee in the opening breakfast scene.  The raw eggs I supposedly eat in the scene were actually peach halves.

DansssssSalome!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2005, 11:41:53 AM »

Almost Easter!

Charles Pogue

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2005, 11:42:40 AM »

I know its not BK Question Day, but I just have to ask:  Were you there when they crucified my lord?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2005, 11:44:40 AM »

Were you there when they crucified my lord?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2005, 11:45:19 AM »

Oh! Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.
Were you there when they crucified my lord?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2005, 11:45:38 AM »

Were you there when they nailed him to the tree?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2005, 11:45:59 AM »

Were you there when they nailed Him to the tree?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2005, 11:46:39 AM »

Oh! Sometimes it causes me to tremble , tremble, tremble.
Were you there when  they nailed Him to the tree?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2005, 11:47:01 AM »

Were you there when they laid Him in the tomb?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2005, 11:47:22 AM »

Charles Pogue

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2005, 11:47:57 AM »

Oh! sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2005, 11:51:52 AM »

Favorite Easter memories:  

There was the year I decided to be a Presbyterian instead of Jewish so my mother and I went to a beautiful church for Easter Services.  We enjoyed it very much and the music was beautiful.  The following Sunday I returned to my regular classes at the temple.

Easter wasn’t a big deal when I was young.  I know I went on a few Easter egg hunts.  My parents usually hid a few eggs around the house and gave us each a box of Peeps and a few chocolate eggs, but it was no big deal.  

It is possible my children have similar memories but I had a great time finding creative non candy treats for their baskets.  I would hunt all year.  The best fun was filling Craig’s basket the few years he was into Smurfs.  I couldn’t really hide candy and eggs around the house because of the pets but they went on Easter Egg hunts elsewhere.  I just loved making those baskets.  

I also had a great time crating beautiful eggs with the boys.  I would find different types of kits for egg decorating.  If you blow the egg out of the shells before decorating them they can be saved for years.  Alas a few years ago the last of those eggs crumbled.  Now I have a basket of alabaster eggs.  This is the first year I haven’t left it out. :(  I really thought we would have begun remodeling our kitchen by now.  :o

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2005, 11:52:51 AM »

JMK, it seems to me that the train from PETTICOAT JUNCTION is from Oregon...check the credits next time you watch the show.

Yes, that's what I was saying before, maybe I wasn't clear.  The credits on the pilot episode had a big credit (all by itself, the last one, in fact) saying the train was "Courtesy of the Hoyt Hotel, Portland, Oregon."  Now why a hotel would have its own train is another mystery.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2005, 11:55:20 AM »

And of course the Theme from The Virginian was one of Percy Faith's best-known compositions.  Percy also scored a couple of the first season episodes.  In fact, the Columbia single of The Virginian b/w Mahoggany (Weill) is the holy grail of Faith collectors.  Yes, there is a holy grail for Faith collectors.   Yes, there are Faith collectors.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2005, 11:59:55 AM »

DR Charles Pogue, Congratulations on the Big 2000!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2005, 12:00:25 PM »

MBarnum is one ever too old for an Easter Basket?  I’m sure your niece looks forward to the one from you. :)
I need to go to Target.  Our house guest, who has left, mentioned I might find a bed skirt there to go with our bedding.  The one we have doesn’t look very good but it was the best we could find.

Charles I’m relieved you didn’t have to eat a raw egg.  :P I had one once in my Orange Julius thinking it would make me feel better.  Oh was I sick the rest of the day.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2005, 12:07:48 PM »

DR JOSE my sister can't go to MAMMA MIA! so I just need one ticket.  Sorry.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2005, 12:08:19 PM »

I’m waiting for the car salesman to call.  He had promised to call last week and let us know the delivery date of my new car.  Since I’m taking Bryan my current car I need to let him know when to sell his car, plus I have to arrange for the pet sitter to stay while we are gone.  Otherwise I would wait patiently until the car arrived.

Tomorrow afternoon we are taking my car to the shop for repairs before passing it along.  Then we will have it painted and detailed.  It still has nose and dog prints inside.  I know I’m going to cry when I pass this car along-heck I already cried at the thought of it.  I don’t think I could bear to part with it if it wasn’t going to Bryan.

Speaking of my car I need to go clean out my junk now. If only that call would come already.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2005, 12:13:11 PM »

Charles Pogue, that song always freaked me out. It got a little graphic, and as kids, we started making up further verses: "Were you there when the nails pierced the flesh?" etc.

Also, at some point during the season, we had to enact the Passion Play in church and the churchgoers were always the angry mob. "Crucify Him! Crucify him!"  I always felt like, hey, I want no part of this violence!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2005, 12:14:06 PM »

Jane-
Count me in on your New York Tour 2005.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2005, 12:26:04 PM »

George, I didn't even notice, but I find it somewhat peculiar that I should get my 2,000 post finishing a hymn.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2005, 12:32:49 PM »

I don't know for sure where I was, but I was probably watching "I Love Lucy."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2005, 12:40:51 PM »

She of the Evil Eye is gone.

I was not there when they crucified your lord - I was having onion rings at Jerry's Deli.

Home environment is sparlingly sparkling and clean as a whistle.  A CLEAN whistle, that is.

I was not there when they nailed Him to the tree.  I was at Dr. Hoggly Woggly's having some Texas links.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2005, 12:46:14 PM »

And when they laid him in the tomb, I suppose you were At Musso & Frank's having a crab salad slathered in thousand island dressing...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 12:47:02 PM by Charles Pogue »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up