Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO NOTES TODAY - OOPS, APRIL FOOL'S!  (Read 26634 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:NO NOTES TODAY - OOPS, APRIL FOOL'S!
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2005, 08:55:55 PM »

YIKES... Still no @#$%^%%$## Westsider... I've been to every kiosk along broadway from 68th to 96th, and then some. Every little newsstand/grocery. OY!!! Please, has anyone received one by ACCIDENT??? Does anyone subscribe? Nobody answered at the Publisher's office, and DANG!

You could dress in all-back and sneak into apartments and check litter-boxes and bird cages.

Just a thought.

der Brucer (and if you got caught it would make wonderful material for Thighs II)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2005, 10:58:31 PM »

I am back from my lovely dinner of corned beef and cabbage.  Afterwards, we went and got dessert at a local diner.  It was yummilicious.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2005, 11:11:26 PM »

Good Evening!

Just when I was getting comfortable with the show...

"Hmm... There's a note sticking.  Is it my keyboard?  Is it Key 1?  Is it Key 4?  Is it Key 3?... OK - here comes my solo section...  Oh, @$%#^@%#! it is my keyboard...  Oh, no... messed that entrance up... What do I do?!?!.... I'll just keep playing...  OK... Push the Panic button.. #$!%&#$! it's still stuck!..."

Then Chris who sits in front of me turns to me and says, "Turn the keyboard off."   -But what about the solo string line I have coming up?

Then the conductor gets on his mic, "Turn off the keyboard."

So, I turn it off.

I turn it back on.

I raise my volume pedal...

"!@$!@#@#! it's still stuck!!!!!!!"

So, I turn it off again.  Say at little prayer.  Turn it back on.

-By this time, the Musical Director/Conductor who was sitting out in the house tonight comes running into the pit wondering what's wrong.  He dons a pair of headphones to see if anything it still wrong.

The next song starts....

Whew!

Well, that woke me up!

I truly had no idea what to do since I play the solo string lead line before the refrain starts up again.  Was it better to cut out?  Or just to keep playing?  And since there are four keyboards in the pit, all of us were wondering if it was our keyboard that was malfunctioning.  Thankfully, no real harm done, and there was no post-show "discussion" about the incident.  Technology happens - or doesn't happen.

But I'm guessing the "stress" of the situation brought my heart rate up to the proper zone for aerobic activity.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2005, 11:13:52 PM »

After the show tonight, The Orpheum sponsored a small party for the cast and crew.  Very nice gathering in their Broadway Club/Lounge.  Some pretty good finger food, and an open bar.  What more could one need?  ;)

It also gave me a chance to hang out with some of the cast finally.  Truly a great bunch of people.  I'm looking forward to next week in Indy... Then when they come back to Richmond in a few weeks...  Then in DC...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2005, 11:15:09 PM »

I was also feeling a little out of sorts before the show.  My stomach has been a little off the past few days.  Nothing major, just not so "normal".  But now I'm feeling fine - if a little tired.  I guess those little cheesecake bites and lemon bars did the trick!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up