Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME WARP  (Read 19916 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TIME WARP
« on: April 02, 2005, 11:57:52 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know what time it is, and now that you know what time it is it is time for you to post until the cows come home, which will be as soon as they figure out what time it IS.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 11:59:14 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TIME WARP
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 12:17:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: POPPYCOCK!

The other word of the day is: WUSSBURGER.  It's Saturday night - we should be havin' a wienie roast or something, but NOOOOOO, we've got to have a bunch of lazy loafer WUSSBURGERS.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 12:54:58 AM »

I've figured out what your CRAVING indicates, BK -- You're pregnant!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 12:55:40 AM »

VERA DRAKE was grainy in the theatre too, think to give it that period feel.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 06:26:41 AM »

Good morning, all!  Dear Friend BK, I have to agree with you:  Daylight saving time reminds me of the Rodgers & Hart "Morning is Midnight."  I'm walking around thinking "9:20? No, it's really 8:20." Since there was no 2 a.m. for us East Coasters, which was your 11 pm, how could you ever post new notes at midnight?  Did you even have a midnight?  Time is out of joint.

So, I woke up this morning to a lovely email from DR TCB, which gave me the suspicion something had occurred last night after I signed off.  Wow! Did it ever!  I've just looked over Michael Shayne's current project.  While I cannot give him a tribute page, since I'm a computer moron, I can certainly build him a shrine!   I'm quite boggled by a number of things about these pages; how did he ever learn all that? Where did he find those photos of BABES IN TOYLAND and GREENWILLOW?

This leads to a confession:  a few years ago, one of my friends called me from Florida to tell me he and his wife just attended a pops concert and loved my CHORUS LINE medley.  I was floored since even in my advancing senility I could never recall arranging such a medley.   There are two Larry Moores in the arranging field, I've discovered.  I don't know the other L Moore or where he lives.  I'm sure he occasionally gets a credit for something I've done and thinks, Did I do that?  From my limited sleuthing, I think he's in educational music, possibly on staff with Hal Leonard publishing.  There are at least two credits in DRMichaelShayne's pages that are his, and I'll get those fixes to Michael ASAP.

So, today's projects include some tidying, some work on Anna Bergman's upcoming shows, perhaps a visit with DR Rodzinski, and of course a bit of BABES IN TOYLAND work.  First, some more coffee!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 06:27:17 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 07:42:46 AM »

Fortunately, I’m safe from the time warp, in Tokyo.  :)
I vaguely feel happy  that the time warp made us, me and DRs who live in areas having the Daylight Saving Time, one hour closer.
I learned much about the Daylight Saving Time from some yesterdays’ posts, on this board which is always educational/useful for me.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 07:43:40 AM »

DR MICHAEL SHAYNE: The page for DR ELMORE is wonderful.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 07:47:56 AM »

Yesterday was Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday and this year marks the two hundredth anniversary of his birth.  I loved Andersen's fairly tales and storys when I was child. My special favorites are The Emperor’s New Clothes and The Little Match Girl. I wonder what is/are your DRs favorite/favorites...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 08:12:57 AM »

Yesterday was Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday and this year marks the two hundredth anniversary of his birth.  I loved Andersen's fairly tales and storys when I was child. My special favorites are The Emperor’s New Clothes and The Little Match Girl. I wonder what is/are your DRs favorite/favorites...

The Little Mermaid

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 08:19:01 AM »

IF we are to have capital punishemnet, this is how it should be done: (From the AP)

Saudis Behead Three Convicted TerroristsSunday, April 03, 2005

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia  — Saudi authorities on Friday executed three Saudi militants convicted of assassinating several officials two years ago, Saudi authorities said as this Gulf state continued its campaign to stamp out terrorism.

The three men were beheaded in public in the northern Saudi city of al-Jawf where they carried out their crimes, the Interior Ministry said. After the executions, authorities displayed the executed militants in a public square outside a mosque, tying their bodies to poles on top of which were placed their heads.

Prompt, public, horrifying. humiliating.

der brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »

Hans C. Anderson+Saudis=

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 08:28:24 AM »

It was a lovely tribute to the work of DR Elmore, DR Michael, and I apreciated all the hard work and obvious love for the subject that went into it.

Congratulations!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 08:29:30 AM »

Horror of horrors!

I've got to mow my grass today! With all the rain we've had in the last week combined with moderate temperatures, my grass (and weeds) have shot up in no time flat! Yuck!

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 08:31:15 AM »

I have KING OF KINGS next in the line-up of films to watch. I still have NUMBERS from Friday night recorded, too, and I also recorded O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE last night off the Fox Movie Channel to transfer to a DVD-R.

Doesn't look like Fox has any interest in producing a commercial DVD of this entertaining film with an amazing all-star cast.

MBarnum

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 08:31:48 AM »

Yes, the Elmore  tribute sight is wonderful! As well it should be, as Mr. Larry Elmore himself is wonderful!

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 08:32:13 AM »

And the greatest of happy birthdays to the sensational Doris Day, one of my all-time favorite entertainers.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 08:44:19 AM »

From a Chuck Muth Newsletter:

TODAY'S MONEY QUOTE II

"Under no circumstances do I see myself as a feminist, nor am I a fan of Martha Stewart.  But the slap on the wrist for Sandy Berger - who stole classified documents, shredded them and lied about it gets off with a $10,000 fine...while Martha Stewart gets jail time for misstating financial guidance - is what drives ordinarily sane women to thinking irrationally about the whole male population."

- Reader C.L. Van Auken

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 08:51:30 AM »

And speaking of Doris Day, that fabulous boxed set with 8 of her great films goes on sale near the end of this month. Buying the entire box makes each film cost less than $8 each! What a great deal!

Danise

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 09:14:12 AM »

All I can say is WOW!  What a wonderful tribute site to our own DR Elmoore!    I had no idea about the body of work you have done.  All this and one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.  

GREAT JOB, DR Michael Shayne!  :) :D ;D

I wish I knew how to do a web site like that.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 09:30:12 AM »

Good Morning!

I had to make sure to put my feet on the floor about half an hour ago, or I probably would have cut it a little too close to my call time at the theatre.  So...  I'm up!  I'm up!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 09:39:24 AM »

DR elmore (and DR Michael Shayne) - I do believe you are correct about there being another Larry Moore, and I do believe he's part of the Hal Leonard conglomeration of companies.  I seem to remember seeing your/his name a lot during my days as a print music buyer.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 09:52:09 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 09:51:17 AM »

Well, it's almost Noon here in Memphis (which means it's almost 1:00 in a sense, or 2:00 if I was still in NYC), so...

Matinee at 1:30... Time to get ready...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

IF we are to have capital punishemnet, this is how it should be done: (From the AP)Prompt, public, horrifying. humiliating.

der brucer

And extremely effective, I'll bet, in getting the attention of would-bes.....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2005, 10:00:08 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It's already ten, although it feels like nine, both time and post-wise.

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2005, 10:16:17 AM »

Does anybody REALLY know what time it is?

This spring-ahead day is one of the weirdest of the year for me.

Compliments to DR Michael Shayne on the Larry Moore website (and to DR elmore, too!).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2005, 10:22:17 AM »

The time warp is certain making this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com.  We must overcome, I tell you, otherwise I shall be forced to say - POPPYCOCK ad nauseum.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2005, 10:22:57 AM »

It's quite overcast here in the City of Studio.  Of course, it's REALLY only nine-twenty, so maybe it will clear itself.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2005, 10:40:16 AM »

I'm the only one here at 10:45.  This is sort of nauseating, don't you think.

POPPYCOCK!

Because we have a one-hour change in time, the site goes to hell?  Is that it?

POPPYCOCK!

Danise

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2005, 11:05:33 AM »

Just got back from taking the dogs for their weekend walk.  Funny how I have two very excited dogs jumping at the chance to go when we leave the house and two very tired dogs, dragging their butts in the front door when we come home.    At what point  that change occurs during our walk, I know not.   ;) :D

DR Elmoore, did you see my question last night?

Nice day today.  The wind is cool which makes it a little nippy in the shade but very nice in the sun.  A long sleeve day to be sure.

I'm thinking about buying a lemon tree.  I'd rather have a lemon bush but if I keep cutting the tree back, it would be the same thing.  I was thinking that since it's doctors order that I eat a lemon every day, it would be nice to go out and pick a fresh one.

I bought a new comptuer game yesterday called WordJong To Go.  It's like Mahjone (which I adore) only you have to take the tiles off of the stack by making words.  Which can get to be a bit tricky when you get to the bottom of the pile.  It's quite fun.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2005, 11:19:21 AM »

Lemon tree very pretty.  Trini Lopez said so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up