Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEEK CONTINUES  (Read 25565 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:THE WEEK CONTINUES
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2005, 08:58:16 AM »

Has anyone else been getting inundated with virus emails over the past couple of days--you know, the usual suspects with headers like "Latest Microsoft Security Patch," etc.  I don't even open them--they go right in the trash.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2005, 09:04:19 AM »

The "dead" character on LOST was on the talk shows this morning, and his/her character is indeed dead. The actor/actress has been given a one year deal at ABC for series development, and he/she has been cast in the lead of an indie film that ABC is co-financing.

Now, that's not to say the character won't appear in backstories for other characters next season.

I hate to say anything specific for fear of ruining surprises for folks who want to catch the show this summer or on DVD next fall when Season 1 is released.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 09:05:22 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2005, 09:06:33 AM »

Many condolences, DR td. This morning was the first I had heard about your father's passing. Having lost my father in 2000, I know what you must be feeling. My thoughts are with you.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2005, 09:08:24 AM »

I liked THE MOLE because it was much more a mental game than a physical game (though there were occasionally physical challenges but nothing to compare with what folks have to do on SURVIVOR). You also were in Europe at 3 and 4 star hotels as long as you were in the game. Very, very nice accommodations for the folks who continued to stay in the game.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2005, 09:08:24 AM »

Ron thanks for the info on LOST.  

I do eat frozen peas when fresh peas are out of season.  I always keep them in the frig and it turns out they make a very comfortable ice pack.  Looking at my quote I see I wrote I’m a clutch,  :-[not a klutz.  I sure hope there isn’t some deeper meaning to my error. ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2005, 09:09:19 AM »

Matt H. thanks for the continued details and the interview info.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2005, 09:12:31 AM »

After three days of spring/early summer weather, the rain has returned with a vengeance. It's also much cooler today, too.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2005, 09:37:27 AM »

Well, I actually saw the end of ALIAS this week. Not sure what is up with that (I'm assuming it went over 10pm). But I did see it, so YEAH!

I thought LOST was very gory.

And as for IDOL, I really didn't like Nikko too much.  But when it came down to him and Scott, I was definitely hoping Scott would go.  So I was sort of sad.

I was shocked that Vonzell and Nikko were in the bottom 3.  It is almost like the viewers were purposely trying to spite paula and randy.  I know those two (vonzell and nikko) were not that popular in the beginning.  But I thought they have been getting better (especially Vonzell).

I really don't get how America votes. We keep having totally different people in the bottom week after week (I would think the same fans would vote for their favorites every week).

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2005, 09:49:33 AM »

Definite good job vibes for DRs Ann and Rodzinski. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »

Did any of you TAR fans see last night's review show?

I actually loved it!  My favorite summary shows are where they summarize what has happened, with all new footage.  It makes the show more interesting.  Because you are seeing what already happened, but from a different point of view.

My favorite was after Rob and Amber and stolen the girls' cab.  Rob was doing this as payback because they called him a liar.  Well the girls didn't know that romber stole the cab.  So when they arrived (after getting a new cab) they went over to rob and said how sorry they were for calling him a liar (the one girl said how she had been so overtired and hungry).

Ha, too funny! :)

Anyhow, excellent episode.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2005, 09:55:44 AM »

Looking at my quote I see I wrote I’m a clutch,  :-[not a klutz.  I sure hope there isn’t some deeper meaning to my error. ;D

Well, it could mean that when you are depressed, the world switches gears!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2005, 10:15:24 AM »

DRJENNIFER - I enjoyed the "roundup" TAR as well.  

I also really liked THE MOLE (not THE CELEBRITY MOLE) - but the original like everyone else.  And I didn't figure it out!

I would love to be on TAR - DR RON and I have decided we should do it, but I do not have the stamina either and would hate to be humiliated in front of the nation - or that part of that watches TAR.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2005, 10:15:49 AM »

I am pretty sure that was the commercial, MR BK.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2005, 10:18:30 AM »

MAMMA MIA! here I go again, my  my....  I have been listening to the music so I will be ready for Sunday!

Yes, as DRJOSE reported, it is a rainy day here in Indiana.

No word on the job front as yet - so I am sending my success vibes to DR ANN and DR RODZINSKI.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did pick up a small gig - the Phoenix Theatre is doing ROUNDING THIRD about a couple of Little League dads, and for some reason they have to learn to do the Macarena.  So I will be teaching it to them Saturday.  My hope is they can count to four and have SOME rhythm.  If so, we are in like Flynn (an Angela Lansbury reference).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

My question for ASK BK day.  When did you get a color TV in your family, and what were some of your favorite color television programs?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2005, 10:23:02 AM »

Ask BK Day:

Seriously - and I mean "seriously" ;) - If the producers of "American Idol" actually came to their senses and decided to find real expert judges - and not just talking heads - would you consider being a judge?

If they crossed my palm with enough silver, sure.  The show would be better off having judges who definitely had personality, but who also knew their stuff.  Much more interesting that way.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2005, 10:24:09 AM »

Well, it could mean that when you are depressed, the world switches gears!

;)

You clever boy you!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2005, 10:24:40 AM »

Another Ask BK (and DR) Question:

Would you like to be a subject of a "reality program"?  "Chasing Kimmel"  ;)

Would you like to participate in a "reality program"?  (Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, etc.)

No, I would not like to be the subject of a reality program, although, if you think about it, I almost am here at haineshisway.com.

No, I would never participate in a reality program, other than the little hidden camera things for Penn and Teller.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2005, 10:25:34 AM »

As far as I can recall we always had a color TV. In family photos of when I was a baby I have seen a color tv in the background, so from at least 1964 on we were in color.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:26:35 AM by MBarnum »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2005, 10:25:38 AM »

Are you going to see the Jack Benny Poem today as spoke about in the notes.

HIGH AND LOW sounds fascinating!  As does THE DANCING MILLIONAIRESS.  I am watching Miss Lee Remick and Mr James Garner in THE WHEELER DEALERS.  She so beautiful!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2005, 10:26:32 AM »

GOOD toe vibes to DR JANE.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2005, 10:27:53 AM »

Oh, JRand, you have not seen HIGH AND LOW? You would really enjoy it! And it stars Ms. Kyoko Kagawa, star of MOTHRA!

Some day I will spring for the DVD.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »

My question for ASK BK day.  When did you get a color TV in your family, and what were some of your favorite color television programs?

I was 12 or 13 whenwe got our first color TV.  I cannot remember any regular series that we were particularly fond of seeing in color, but the first year that we finally saw the annual  'Wizard of Oz' showing and the movie turns to color when she lands in OZ...WOW!!! Our dad had described that moment to us for years but finally seeing it!  We also loved watching the NBC logo.. the peacock spreading out all its colored feathers!!

This reminds me.. when the Vixter was about 3 or four she asked me how old I was "when the world got colored in"  it took me a while to figure out that my mom had been showing her my childhood photograghs which were all in black  and white until I turned about 8 and my father finally got the color film camera.   ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2005, 10:36:35 AM »

LOLLYGAG!

My favorite commercials that I personally acted in:  There was one brilliant clothing commercial (can't remember the brand).  It aired twice, both times on a Grammy awards broadcast if I remember correctly.  I was the salesman, and a gorgeous girl was trying on a form-fitting top.  Let us say she had, as some wags put it, nice knockers, which were nicely displayed by the form-fitting top.  She's looking in the mirror - you can also see me looking at her looking in the mirror.  I'm doing one of "my" looks.  She then says the company slogan, "Gee, you can feel the fit."  I do one of my "eye" things, very subtle, and then say, "I can?"  End of commercial.  They refused to air it, however, in that form.  They made them cut the line, "I can?"  So, what you are left with is her saying, "You can feel the fit" and me doing a look and my subtle eye thing.  Note to censors: MUCH nastier that way.

Other favorite: RC Cola commercial.  I'm on the beach, lying in the sand with a beautiful babe in a bikini.  To impress her, I say to my dog, "Murphy, fetch my RC."  I then turn my attention back to the babe.  Meanwhile, this amazing dog goes and catches several cans of RC (amazing stuff), and brings them back to me.  An annoyed musculuar hunk is suddenly standing over me.  He looks at Murphy, and says, "Mister, is that your dog?"  I do my subtle eye thing and say, "Dog?  What dog?"

Two side notes about the above: Instead of dubbing me for the Spanish version of the commercial, I told them I could do a really good accent, and they taught me the lines in Spanish and I did it, and that's the way it aired on the Mexican channels.  "Perro?  Qual perro?"

Side note two: When it had been airing for about three months, I got a letter from a nice lady, saying her daughter was completely in love with me, and was there any way I could send her a photograph.  As I read on, however, I began to realize she was talking about the hunk, not me.  I wrote her quite an amusing response, and sent her a photo with a funny inscription.  She wrote me back a great note.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2005, 10:37:50 AM »

I think we got our first color TV somewhere around 1963 or 4.  Can't really remember for sure.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2005, 10:39:25 AM »

And about td's father's passing.  I think I owe td and everyone an apology - he e-mailed me about it, and if I remember correctly, asked me to post something about it.  I was in the midst of a bunch of stuff, and I see now I wrote myself a note about it on a piece of paper near the Powerbook, but I think it got away from me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2005, 10:39:57 AM »

I'll try to get to the Benny poem after lunch - it's quite long.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2005, 10:43:35 AM »

Today's charming question from a prospective eBay buyer department:

Is your Ben Hur silent video really mint?  Is it the one in the picture?

I have to sit on my hands not to fire off a completely sarcastic response, which of course they would never get anyway.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2005, 10:52:11 AM »

JMK - you know how it is when you are a buyer on EBAY?  LOL....sometimes you just have to ask, you know.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »

Today's charming question from a prospective eBay buyer department:

Is your Ben Hur silent video really mint?  Is it the one in the picture?

I have to sit on my hands not to fire off a completely sarcastic response, which of course they would never get anyway.

I have returned items to sellers who did not ship to me the items they pictured.  I had no reason to believe the picture wasn't the item being sold...or that it was in no way representative of the item being sold since the seller did not give any other indication.

Better to ask than be disappointed and inconvenienced!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up