Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED TO THE GILLS  (Read 18797 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:STUFFED TO THE GILLS
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2005, 06:56:24 PM »

We ain't gonna have no stinkin' DEARTHS

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 06:57:30 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2005, 06:58:44 PM »

Did any of your co-workers turn to you for help?

Oh good, so glad to know there is a reason to see the movie.   :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2005, 06:58:54 PM »

Perhaps we can enlist Harry Potter's Dearth Eaters.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2005, 07:00:57 PM »

Question for all of the Harry Potter fans who have completed book 6 - without revealing any spoilers - how did you feel this one measured up to the other books?  I really liked it, but I still think that 4 and 5 are my favorites.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2005, 07:02:59 PM »

He is hands down the worst thing about the movie, and I have enjoyed other performances of his. This is way off the mark. In my tender opinion.

Both Ebert and Roeper liked the movie but not him in it.  I think he's freaky looking in the commercials, and seems to be in a different movie. :P But I do want to see it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2005, 07:06:50 PM »

Did any of your co-workers turn to you for help?
Actually, quite a bit.  Being in HR, I guess that's to be expected, but I think the fact that most folks know that I've been in school to become a counselor encourages them to seek me out.

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2005, 07:10:29 PM »

Question for all of the Harry Potter fans who have completed book 6 - without revealing any spoilers - how did you feel this one measured up to the other books?  I really liked it, but I still think that 4 and 5 are my favorites.
I enjoyed it particularly for the "growth" of the major characters. (relationships and friendships seem to have progressed in a realistic way).  I think I enjoyed the 4th book least.  I thought it needed some editing! It will be interesting to see how the fourth film copes. (without Dobby for a start!)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 07:17:07 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2005, 07:15:20 PM »

"I"?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2005, 07:16:20 PM »

I'm at work and today is the cut-off day to get all of the invoices paid for this month.  I've entered all the information into the computer and printed the vouchers to go with the invoices.  All I have to do now is assemble everything.  Each invoice has three copies and one copy gets one copy of the voucher and that stays in here in the Acquisitions department (where I work).  The other copy of the voucher goes with the other two copies of the invoice and all of that will go to the Library Board of Directors to be approved so that the checks can actually be printed and sent to the vendors.

So that's what I have to do now...assemble everything and file the board (not bored) copies so that they can be paid.  I don't know how long it'll take, but I can't leave tonight until it's all done.  Tomorrow morning, we have to run a report that totals everything by vendor and we have to make sure that everything is correct.  After that, we pass the board's copies to the business office and they get it all ready for the board to approve.  The library board's monthly meeting is a week from tonight and they need that much time to do whatever it is that they do.  That's why it all has to be done by tonight...and as I've said before, I'm a procrastinator. ::)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2005, 07:24:57 PM »

Give me a few days to answer that.  I still haven't begun reading the book.  So far 4 is my favorite.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2005, 08:18:17 PM »

BTW

This is Mickey Deans (judy's last husband)

This is Mickey Deems the actor

Well, there's no confusing those two!

And I think I spotted quite a few people sporting the same look as Judy's on news reports covering the midnight Harry Potter parties last weekend.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2005, 08:20:07 PM »

The picture of Judy Garland and Mickey Deans on the previous page was taken on their wedding day. Behind them in the picture (if I remember from a non-cropped pic I've seen) is Johnnie Ray who was Mickey's best man, I believe.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2005, 08:23:09 PM »

I did watch SHARK TALE earlier tonight, and though it can't hold a candle to Pixar's computer animation efforts (the underwater animation of FINDING NEMO is worlds more sophisticated and polished than the underwater work here), it was still entertaining and VERY colorful.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »

After SHARK TALE concluded, I put in CHICAGO which I hadn't seen since I first got the DVD shortly after it came out. Truly enjoyed seeing it again and found it quite marvelous. I opted for the DTS surround mix on the DVD, and it's spectacular.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2005, 08:27:34 PM »

In honor of James Doohan, I may watch some STAR TREK TV episodes tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2005, 08:29:34 PM »

After enjoying EAST OF EDEN on Saturday, I've been fingering GIANT trying to descide if I want to give a day over to it since it's so long.

I HATE that the special anniversary DVD is not an anamorphic encoded disc. Warners is usually so good about doing that to their prized flicks, so that's really a surprise.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2005, 08:30:13 PM »

Hopefully, this isn't The Day Dearth Stood Still.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2005, 08:37:21 PM »

It's Dearthy Dan.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2005, 08:45:19 PM »

Off to bed now. Hope everyone has a pleasant rest of the evening. Good night, all.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2005, 08:46:17 PM »

Let's hope Dearth Takes A Holiday.

Ha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha!  I got a million of 'em!
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2005, 08:52:23 PM »

I'd encourage you DtM but I don't have a dearth wish.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2005, 08:55:38 PM »

I didn't mind Depp as much as Rodzinski did.  But the squirrel scene alone was worth seeing the movie!

While  I would say it's far from the best movie I've ever seen, I really enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But then I've always been a Willy Wonka fan and loved the Gene Wilder version.  I heard enough before I saw it, (including a "How they made" show in HBO) to expect something completely different from Depp's Wonka and had heard that this version is darker and much closer to the book.    

I've always thought Willy Wonka has to be an extremely strange character to have a chocolate factory like that, (what would you be like if you'd been secluded in a factory with just oompa loompas for that many years!) so I didn't mind Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka at all.  

It's a bizarre story and the movie is bizarre.  I had already heard it was like being on acid when you're sober, so I was looking forward to the visuals. I really didn't like the additional back story about Willy Wonka's childhood, and thought that detracted from the story. I also prefer the ending to the Gene Wilder version  better than this one. But I enjoyed it.

The Squirrel scene is a kick.  Did you catch the very quick Edward Scissorhands moment near the beginning?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 08:56:52 PM by Cillaliz »

Jason

« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »

Just in from ALL SHOOK UP with a few friends of mine and DR Jose! We dished, we gossiped, we dropped names and had burgers at McHale's. A good time was had by all.

And DR Jose and I will be visiting with Ms. Somers on Friday night...we'll just miss Rodinzki and TPunk. :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm reading... I reading...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2005, 09:24:38 PM »

DR Jennifer, what were those BB6 links that you suggested...I think I need to be checking them out.

George

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2005, 09:25:50 PM »

I'm finally done assembling all the invoices and vouchers and will now go home and eat.  I'm famished.  I have to be back at work at 8:30 in the morning (my usual get-out-of-bed time ::)) to run the reports that need to be run because my supervisor (whose name is also George) is on vacation getting married (again) to his wife.  They weren't divorced or anything...it's just that none of their families were at their first wedding (they drove to Mexico on a whim 21 years ago) and their families wanted to throw them a wedding, so they did.  Anyway, George (my supervisor) usually runs the reports, but he's gone until next Tuesday, so he can't...and it has to be done early in the morning. :P

I also have another forgetting lines story AND I got a call earlier that makes me go AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! >:( But I have to get home and eat first before I tell them.

Be back later.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2005, 09:28:23 PM »

Since I don't have any stage blunder stories, here's a fish joke.

I went fishing today and accidentally dropped my wallet into the river. A carp grabbed my wallet and swam off with it and passed it off to another carp. That fish passed it off to another carp. It was the first time I had ever seen a carp-to-carp walleting.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2005, 09:43:01 PM »

That was her grandpa's best joke, folks.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2005, 09:48:12 PM »

Oy!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2005, 09:48:44 PM »

I played Tony Wendice in a play that will be forever known now as DIAL Z FOR ZIPPER.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up