Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED TO THE GILLS  (Read 18256 times)

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
Re:STUFFED TO THE GILLS
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2005, 01:26:47 PM »

To echo DR Ron Pulliam's sentiments:

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!(An ANNIE reference)

4:30 PM and still on page 2?

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2005, 01:28:32 PM »

To echo DR Ron Pulliam's sentiments:

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!(An ANNIE reference)

4:30 PM and still on page 2?

Seems like I should have looked at the post count before posting......

But now, for a Page 3 Dance.....

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2005, 01:28:57 PM »

And somewhere in here will be my 1000th post.

Comme ca.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 01:29:32 PM by Stuart »

Jason

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2005, 01:47:21 PM »

That was the one, DR Stuart. Congrats!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2005, 01:50:21 PM »

Cut to OKLAHOMA!: I'm playing Jud and Curly and I are in the smokehouse a-fightin'. He ticks me off and I fire my gun to skeer 'im. He's supposed to skeer me back by picking out a knot-hole in the wall and firing at it. The bang of his gun is what makes Aunt Eller and Ali Hakim and various party guests come out to see what's going on. Well...our Curly wasn't very bright and he hadn't taken the time or shown the interest to learn how to load his own gun with the blanks. Our stage manager was out one night due to an injury, so it was up to us to load our own guns. We got to the scene and my gun went off just fine...we get to the point where he's supposed to shoot and...he skips three paragraphs of dialogue and waits for Aunt Eller to interrupt him! Well, there was no gunshot, so she had no idea she was supposed to come out 'cause he didn't warn anyone that the gun wouldn't be going off because he didn't know how to load it. He just let us look like fools instead.

Jason -- Do you have any photos of you as Jud?  I would love to see pictures of you in that part.  You are a handsome young man, and obviously a talented one, but I just can't imagine you in that role.  Now, my other son, Jed..................
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2005, 01:54:50 PM »

As a matter of fact, I do...

I had to wear a LOT of makeup to ugly myself up.  ;)

Jason

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2005, 01:59:55 PM »

And here I am in THE KING & I. Oddly enough, I didn't need much makeup to play a convincing Asian man...  ::)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 02:05:10 PM by Jason »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2005, 02:34:28 PM »

I'm on my 4th track of the new Guy Haines CD and once again, I'm mesmorized but the way Guy's voice is very soothing and Mr Geissman's arrangements are spot on with each song and the whole thing (up to track 4!) has everything one would expect from a Guy Haines recording.  Thanks, Guy!

Tomovoz

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2005, 02:40:45 PM »

The night is bitter,
The stars have lost their glitter;
The winds grow colder
And suddenly you're older -
And all because of the man that turned out gay.

Thank you for my breakfast smile DtM
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2005, 02:50:44 PM »

I shall also weigh in on Big Brother 6.

DR Ron, I agree with many of your opinions.

Okay let's start with who I hate.  I do not like Eric.  He is bossy and I cannot wait until they get rid of him.

I cannot stand Ivette.  I did not like what she did with Kaysar last night.  But there is a ton of stuff that they are not showing with her.  She is gossipy and mean and on the feeds she is 1000 times worse than what they show.

I liked what Kaysar did last night.  He seems very reasonable and level-headed.

And I disagree with DR Mbarnum. I liked Mike last night.  I do not know exactly what the did re: the sexual harrassment issue.  I saw him kiss april's neck.  But I think that eric et al have been making this into a huge issue, because they want to get mike out.  If mike did something to jennifer, then she should talk to him.

But I did not find that mike was acting like a child last night. I thought those bullies (eric and the others) got exactly what they deserved.  And i definitely think Big Brother should have imposed a penalty on Eric for almost attacking Mike.

My favorite is Janelle.  Yes she is sneaky.  But i love her.  I loved how she played chess and played dumb to find out who was smart.  I loved how she is spending time with mike and kaysar, and doesn't care what the others think. ANd i love that she has figured out eric's true actions (same for ivette).

I think james is the mastermind (even though eric took credit for all his ideas). I sort of like him. And i do like sarah (his gf).

I wish that mike and janelle could stay. And i really hope janelle or kaysar wins HOH tomorrow.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2005, 03:07:06 PM »

I shall also weigh in on Big Brother 6.

DR Ron, I agree with many of your opinions.

Holy COW!  I'm having a heart attack!

Really?

:D

I, too, find Janelle interesting and level-headed.

I can't believe Eric thinks he had the right to tell Michael to stop hanging around Janelle.  His nominating them both reeks of April, April, April...whom I despise more than anyone in that house.

She complained to Eric about Michael.  Eric told Michael to cool it.  Then she complained to Eric that Michael was hanging around Janelle too much.  Then Eric told Michael that he needed to stop doing that (and Janelle was NOT complaining).  That's when Michael told him he was not the boss of him.  April told Janelle she shouldn't be hanging around Michael.  Janelle told April she didn't see things the same way and April warned her that she needed to pay attention.  Then...both Janelle and Michael are up for eviction..and it's April the cameras cut to time and again...looking smug, and self-satisfied, and full of intrigue and character assassination.

I can't stand her.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2005, 03:14:22 PM »

And here I am in THE KING & I. Oddly enough, I didn't need much makeup to play a convincing Asian man..

The kilt, however, is an exotic touch.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2005, 03:26:48 PM »

And I disagree with DR Mbarnum. I liked Mike last night.  I do not know exactly what the did re: the sexual harrassment issue.  I saw him kiss april's neck.  But I think that eric et al have been making this into a huge issue, because they want to get mike out.  If mike did something to jennifer, then she should talk to him.

To me, the point is that April and others had said they were  very uncomfortable with Michael's kissing on them and stuff. Eric told Michael about it, but Michael blew it off. He should have listened. I think at that time Eric still thought of Michael as being an allie...but I could be wrong about that.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2005, 03:26:55 PM »

The kilt, however, is an exotic touch.   ;D

Maybe it was a sponsored production dubbed "The McKing and I".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2005, 03:27:51 PM »

But I did not find that mike was acting like a child last night.

When he was outside making remarks to the two girls who were power walking, I thought that to be very immature...and when he was making fun of Eric's grandparents dying or how they died, I thought that was very immature. Plus he has sulked and acted very childish ever since being nominated...at least that is how I see it.

I do think that Kaysar is the most level headed person in the house.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 03:30:12 PM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »

To me, the point is that April and others had said they were  very uncomfortable with Michael's kissing on them and stuff. Eric told Michael about it, but Michael blew it off. He should have listened. I think at that time Eric still thought of Michael as being an allie...but I could be wrong about that.

I agree with you that Michael did not seem to take Eric's warning seriously.  But I also think Michael backed off the ladies.   Except Janelle.  What irks me is that Eric came back and told Michael to lay off hanging around Janelle.  That was none of his, or anyone else's, business.  

Eric doesn't like to be disobeyed.   I wonder if he's going to spank anyone.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2005, 03:31:10 PM »

Eric doesn't like to be disobeyed.   I wonder if he's going to spank anyone.

I will volunteer  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2005, 03:32:04 PM »

I missed Big Brother last night, so I feel out of the loop, but I will watch and join in after then next episode

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2005, 03:33:52 PM »

My impression was that Eric wanted Michael to stay away from Janelle because Michael was still part of the alliance and Janelle was evil. I may have misconstrued that, however.

I just don't think Eric would tell someone to do something just for the heck of it...it would all be a strategic move for him.

However, the way he goes about it is likely to rankle a few people, I would think. He does tend to be bossy and I think he is so used to it he doesn't even realize he is doing it.

How short is he, anyway?

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »

I missed Big Brother last night, so I feel out of the loop, but I will watch and join in after then next episode

It really was a good episode! LOL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »

I, too came home to find Guy Haines in my mailbox (it's a very large mailbox). I brought him in out of the heat and am very anxious to hear him sing to me.

First I have to recover from cleaning out the eaves while there is a 103 degree heat index.  I awoke to a downpour...in my basement! It only happens when the eaves are clogged, so I had to climb the ladder and clean out the muck.....YUCK!

Michael

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2005, 03:41:35 PM »

BTW

This is Mickey Deans (judy's last husband)

This is Mickey Deems the actor

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 05:46:43 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2005, 03:55:41 PM »

MBarnum, non-stop is much nicer.  I suppose Jose is the expert on getting around the city without a car.  

My eyes are burning and it is difficult for me to look at the computer screen.  

Michael

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2005, 03:56:51 PM »

My CDs also arrived tonight.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

1st stage story. This was when I was watching a local production of Sweeney Todd. In act one where Sweeney cries out, "AT LAST MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN" he throws his arm with razor in his hand up in the air well the blade went flying fron the handle and it look as if Sweeney was giving a black power salute.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2005, 04:03:37 PM »

2nd story: On Broadway. On the TWentieth Century, 2nd Act. Imogene Coca's character is hiding in one of the compartments and there is a scene going on in the adjoing compartment. At one point she decides to leave and when she does, the door handle came off in her hand. She tries to put it back on but can't. She ends up sneaking around the corner. of the set.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2005, 04:07:08 PM »

3rd Story Broadway. What turns out to be a very early preview of a show called Streetheat (The only Broadway show I ever left during intermission) I think it was Vicki Lewis who during a song, her mic goes out and Glen Scarpelli breaking character goes out and shares his body mic with her.
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2005, 04:15:41 PM »

My impression was that Eric wanted Michael to stay away from Janelle because Michael was still part of the alliance and Janelle was evil. I may have misconstrued that, however.

I just don't think Eric would tell someone to do something just for the heck of it...it would all be a strategic move for him.

However, the way he goes about it is likely to rankle a few people, I would think. He does tend to be bossy and I think he is so used to it he doesn't even realize he is doing it.

How short is he, anyway?

Michael and Janelle have discussed his "stature"...Michael suggests Eric is probably the fire station janitor and wonders how he ever manages to reach the fire hoses, and Janelle suggests he's probably the fire station cook.

I think Eric is between 5'6" and 5'8".

I visited the Canoe site (thank you, Jennifer, for the link) and read some of John Powell's excellent summaries.

James is the real genius behind all of this...he's the one who wanted Michael to go (getting rid of a threat) and devised the deceit of voting for Kaysar in the first eviction round and then spreading the rumor that it was Michael voting against the alliance (and thus, breaking it).  Of course, they never counted on Kaysar being aware that Michael would never have voted for him to leave.

Ivette is apparently much much worse than we've been allowed to see...she's bigoted, racist and she hates Michael because he apparently bit her on her butt.  She hasn't outed herself to the house, apparently, but she is the Big Brother show's first "out" lesbian.  She gossips about anyone and everyone.  She particularly hates Kaysar, says he smells, mocks his praying, claims he is a ticking time bomb and that none of them are safe!  

Eric has fueled this kind of talk with alarmist behavior of his own, expressing serious concern about the safety of his family when Michael is evicted because Michael knows Eric's last name.  It's the same with the "sexual predator" talk...Eric character-assassinates Michael at every turn.

A lot of the ladies are down on Kaysar because he talks to Michael.  They presume he doesn't have their interests at heart and now they want him to go next.

Meanwhile, Kaysar has expressed alarm to Michael about Michael's personality having severely changed since they entered the house.  Kaysar's never seen him like he is now.  Of course, I am certain Kaysar never stared down a Cuban lesbian who accused him of having no respect for women, either.

Life in this house will NEVER be boring.  If CBS plays it correctly, the season could just be amazing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:23:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2005, 04:31:10 PM »

As a matter of fact, I do...

I had to wear a LOT of makeup to ugly myself up.  ;)

Sorry Jason, you are still too cute.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »

My actor's nightmare #1

Gypsy. I was playing LA. There is a quick costume change so I placed my costume and prop in a specific place so I could do it.

This was opening night.

I ran off after the blackout. One of the stagehands moved everything. It took me a few minutes find my costume and change.  But I could not find the prop.

I thought I was late. So I ran on stage and noticed that the traveler was open and nobody was onstage. (They were late in the scene change). Well everyone came on stage and the scene progressed until my line where I am suppose to give Louise her birthday a stuffed blue cat.

This was important because she sings about it in the song Little Lamb. Well I adlibbed that I bought it for her, but I lost it!

Well it doesn't end there. The matinee was the next day I moved the costume and prop to a different place. Once again the stagehands moved them. I didn't make it on stage on time. I did find them. My friend at the time was playing Rose and told her  what happened. She told me to come on with her. Well she entered from the bathroom  with me and roared with laughter.  They all had dirty minds.

The rest of run I had no problems
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up