Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET NOTHINGS  (Read 17191 times)

Kerry

Re:SWEET NOTHINGS
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2005, 05:07:26 PM »

MULLIGATAWNY
I like boat races.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2005, 05:08:57 PM »

BONGO HAD A PECCADILLO FOR MELONS.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2005, 05:57:42 PM »

Well for cryin-out-loud. I won an item on Ebay yesterday using the buy it now feature and payed for it via paypal.

I get an e-mail today from the seller telling me that they do not have this item.

Well, why in the world would you put something on Ebay that you don't even have?

I should have looked at there feedback...they have over 100,000 score, but they have just over 7000 negatives! Holy moses!

DR MBarnum and Danise et al - A few weeks ago, I found out that antique stores are starting to NOT allow customers to take pictures of items in their store due to this very problem.  A customer will take a picture or two of an item, note it's price, then put the item up on E-Bay as their own.  *Camera cell-phones are a big problem.  They set a reserve price equal to the one in the store, and hope(!) that the item is still there once they receive a winning bid.  Some antique store owners started noticing their own items up for sale on E-bay - and they were not the ones selling the items!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2005, 06:10:30 PM »

Good Evening!

There's no place like home...

Well, there's nothing like having a Tuesday night off, at least!

;)

I made a run to the grocery store to pick up breakfast stuff for the week, and then over to Fu Jian to pick up some Chinese dinner - Spicy Mala Chicken - their version of Hunan Chicken.

-Oh, and I bought some lottery tickets too!  (fingers crossed)  And while I was buying the tickets, I ran into an actress/singer I haven't seen in years.  And then another friend of hers came in to the store.  It was a mini-party!

One thing I have "discovered" is that our upstairs' neighbor must have installed a new home theatre system.  And he likes to watch action movies, apparently.  At high volume.  I kept thinking he was moving furniture around, but then I realized it was sound effects from a movie.  Explosions, thunder, etc.  I was even thinking that some truck was driving by earlier.  Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2005, 06:12:12 PM »

Steve caught me online earlier, and we were gonna try to get together tonight, but since I'm settling in tonight, we decided it would be best to wait until tomorrow night.  We'll probably end up at Stella's, our favorite Greek place in town.  And then we'll probably watch "American Idol" afterwards.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2005, 06:13:59 PM »

And speaking of "American Idol"...

I haven't seen anything but the first episode this season, but while watching tonight's elimination episode, I noticed two people I know and have worked with before.  One made it to the next round, and one was sent home.

But it was great to see them both advance to Hollywood.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2005, 06:20:36 PM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  I think you all know what my PECCADILLOS are.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2005, 07:01:13 PM »

Good Evening!

There's no place like home...

Well, there's nothing like having a Tuesday night off, at least!

;)
Now to get you addicted to House.   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2005, 07:19:38 PM »

Happy 100th to Mr. Harold Arlen
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2005, 07:21:56 PM »

Now to get you addicted to House.   ;D

Well, I watched the opening of "House"... but then I flipped over to FoodTV, so...

But that opening was pretty good!
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2005, 07:32:01 PM »

The peccadillos are in full bloom.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2005, 07:39:30 PM »

The peccadillos are in full bloom.

I can just hear Katharine Hepburn's voice right now...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2005, 07:40:42 PM »

Hugh Laurie is (with his writers) creating one of the more complex characters to show up in series television this year.  Come time for the Emmys, he'll probably be ignored, of course.  Given how the awards skew towards cable or top-ratings shows, House will be lucky if any of the cast or writing crew is even invited to the ceremony...as ushers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2005, 07:46:32 PM »

I'm watching Jean Renoir's The River and clipping my PECCADILLOS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

Oh, and I found a sticky bun and purchased it at Von's.  It was quite yummilicious.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2005, 07:56:30 PM »

I feel quite out of this loop indeed! Who are all of these people? Where is everyone? What's going on?!

Perhaps if I had any time to be lulling about on this internet, I would be up-to-date with the posters of the age, mais alas! Je n'ai pas du temps. Alors, qu'est ce que je vais faire? Ne rien, c'est quoi. C'est bon.

I hath been quite busy being me, running around like a loon and having a bit of fun here and there. Christmas was good, went to NYC after Christmas! Saw The Lion King, Modern Orthodox, Fiddler, and Avenue Q. Muy entertaining. Modern Orthodox may have been my favorite. Took a tour of the Lion King theatre, met some of the cast when a friend and I snuck away from said tour and found them :). Met the Avenuq Q folk after their show, found that John Tartaglias stepfather lives very close to me. We concluded that if he ever needs someplace to stay and gets tired of driving, he will stay with me :).

I skipped out on the musical this year. We're doing Funny Thing...Forum, but I just don't have any time. After months or rigorous voice training, my teacher and I have concluded that if I keep it up, I'll be ready for Juilliard in a year (When I'm applying for college). I may not even be applying there, but I want to be ready for anything. With my school, work, and voice, I just don't have time to be rehearsing for hours after school. Ah, well.

Last weekend I had All-District Chorus, and auditions for All-State chorus were being held during the rehearsals. I had a bad audition. I've never had one before...and I panicked and cried when I left the room. I know that sounds stupid, to never have had a bad audition, but it's true, and it was horrible! So I cried and was very upset, and called my parents to tell them not to bring the videocamera, etc. Very stressful time.

And I made it.

Admitted, my scores were lower than normal, but it just goes to show that I cannot deal with failure or any kind, and I guess it's a good/bad deal. What can you do? Not complain, that's for sure.

Arena Stage next week...I'll be seeing Intimations for Saxophone. Tres excited.

My Valentines Day was wonderous and lovely, in case you were wondering :).

Email me sometime, I'm much more in tune to that aspect of my life!

BK, I miss your witticisms. Or however you spell it.

SWW, I hope things are well for you!

MBarnum, will you marry me? I always did have a dumb crush on your avatar and it was reborn 5 minutes ago :).

Welcome, new people!

Love
Swishtah.
...Walk in the sunshine...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2005, 08:00:25 PM »

Because it really IS a slow news day, click here.....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2005, 08:02:37 PM »

Everything is fine.

(Except for the bunnies!)

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2005, 08:07:29 PM »

VIBE REQUEST

Some of you may recall last year, when my Joe was being held in Abu Ghraib, Long Island Branch, that a certain Angel named Jim helped him through the ordeal, nay probably saved his life, truth to tell.

During this last year, we have tried to help out his mom and his wife and five kids.  We got him an attorney who appears to be the top parole attorney in the State, and who seems to be doing a great job putting together a report for him.  Suffice it to say that the main reason Jim is upstate, in Downstate Correctional Facility, is that various officers of the law are trying to cover their own butt-cheeks for serious PECCADILLOs that they performed while on duty.

Well, tomorrow is Angel Jim's parole hearing, and if all goes well he will be back with his family soon.  We won't know the outcome until Friday or Monday, but I would like to request serious vibes for Jim and his family.  It is a well-known fact that hhw vibes have proven their efficacy on many occasions.

Vibes may be posted at any time during the next few days.

Thank you.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2005, 08:08:43 PM »

Ah, so nice to see DR SwishySarah swishing in and out.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2005, 08:10:46 PM »

!!!!~~~~VIBES FOR JOE'S ANGEL~~~~!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2005, 08:10:56 PM »

S. Woody-The bunny who played Roy Scheider was the BEST!

SwishySarah-So lively! I am new here. Stop doing things like trying out for All-District Chorus and preparing for Julliard and post here more.

Willam F. Orr-I send my most fervent vibage towards your just cause.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2005, 08:10:58 PM »

I watched my first AMERICAN IDOL episode - no TAR this week as has been noted.  I am so tired of all of this yowling and yodeling and adding words to the lyrics....didn't really hear much SINGING and I am glad I don't have to watch it anymore this year!  

I see SS - how busy can one person be?  It's nice that the rest of us just lead lives of quiet desperation.

DRJOSE - re:pictures at the antique gallery.....what a scam.  And of course we buyers are the ones who suffer.  Whew!

Now I have to work on some writing.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2005, 08:13:29 PM »

VIBES FOR JOE'S ANGEL - they really DO work.

SWW - I may never go into the hutch again.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2005, 08:14:47 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2005, 08:15:33 PM »

DESPERATION, YES! BUT QUIET? I don't think so!

I almost said that I need a life, but I fear I may have too much!

Rod, I like your glasses :).

Jose, you are adorable.

Glad to hear it, SWW.

http://www.angryalien.com/0204/exorcistbunnies.html

...Walk in the sunshine...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2005, 08:17:28 PM »

I knew about TOP CAT. It's been out for quite a few weeks. I really did love that show, one of the staples of my childhood.

Unbelievable how many years they ran that show on Saturday TV just repeating the same one season's worth of episodes. THE JETSONS was similarly repeated for many, many years, all the same couple of dozen episodes. In the case of THE JETSONS, many years later they did make another batch of them, but I believe TOP CAT had that one prime time season and that's what got rerun for the better part of a decade.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2005, 08:21:37 PM »

Amid the yowling and yodeling, there are some legitimately good singers on IDOL this year. The men are particularly strong, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the competition once the semifinals begin.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »

The day kind of got away from me today resulting in my not seeing last night's MEDIUM yet. Definitely tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2005, 08:23:47 PM »

Oh, boy, I sure concur with HOUSE being one of the year's best dramas. Hugh Laurie is giving one of the great TV performances in this role, and tonight, fighting his addiction to pain killers, was a mesmerizing episode.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up