Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SIMPLE AS PIE  (Read 18528 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: SIMPLE AS PIE
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

Fantastic day today! Ms Luker is amazing; we began at 10:30 and we finished her first three songs by noon, so we were already 30 minutes ahead of schedule. We broke for lunch, and then finished her second three songs by 2:30, with an hour before the men arrived. Our producer went off to the Hispanic Museum to see the Goya, her assistant went for coffee, and Rebecca, William Hicks and I decided to tour the Trinity Church Cemetery across the street from the Academy.

We ran into a friend of Rebecca's and Billy's so, while they talked to him, I kept my eyes on the Academy garage entrance in case any men arrived early. Sure enough, around 3 our DR DAW showed up, so while Rebecca and Billy toured the cemetery, I caught up with our former DR and gave him everyone's regards, blessings, and good wishes. At 3:15 DR Jason arrived, and I gave him the same, and by 3:30 we had our ensemble of gentlemen, they had their tax forms filled out and by 4:10 we had finished the recording. The guys sounded great with Rebecca, and I send my gratitude and love to all of them for being prepared and so easy to work with.

Tomorrow morning, we have two numbers with Zak and a ladies ensemble of five wonderful ladies. He's all set and excited to be doing numbers with our "Follies" girls tomorrow, even threatening to show up in top hat and tails.  No, DR TCB, he won't be naked.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »

Page 4 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »

I wish I was going to Portland tomorrow.  Unflortunately my back would never survive the three hour auto trip.

That's too bad, Tom.  You'll be there in spirit, I'm sure. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »

My fave 1970s soundtrack has t be the first STAR WARS; I cannot recall any film where the music so grabbed my attention from the first notes.

Ditto!  It was probably the first movie soundtrack that I bought.  I also really liked Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind and Superman...notice a trend here?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »

And a guilty indulgence: "At Long Last Love." Watching the movie may not be pleasant, but all those Cole Porter songs. I even like Cybill's version of "I Get a Kick Out of You."

I made a CD of the album and even added a couple of songs that were from the TV broadcast ("Down In the Depths" by Madeline Kahn and "Tomorrow" by Duilio Del Prete) but not on the album. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »

The voice of the Seattle Mariners since their inception in 1977, Dave Niehaus, died yesterday.  Fortunately he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown a few years ago, so he got to know how much he was loved by baseball fans everywhere.

It is nice he made it to the Hall of Fame while still alive. 

Jane

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES TO DR EDI!!! I'm sorry you have the flu.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »

Signing off for our family gathering - bye for now!

Have fun!!!

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »

And speaking of that cruise ship. My sister was freaking out because her bestfriend is currently on a Carnival cruise and last time they had had some problem. But alas luckily they are not on the ship with the fire.  I can't believe all the people are eating spam!

What about the people who can't eat spam?

They also shipped them canned crab.

;D   :P

Jane

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »

I wish I was going to Portland tomorrow.  Unfortunately my back would never survive the three hour auto trip.

Such a shame about your back.  I wish I could go but I don't think my stomach can survive the flights.  I'm having enough trouble reading the posts without losing my lunch.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2010, 02:44:25 PM »

And speaking of that cruise ship. My sister was freaking out because her bestfriend is currently on a Carnival cruise and last time they had had some problem. But alas luckily they are not on the ship with the fire.  I can't believe all the people are eating spam!

i don't exactly know what spam is. But why wouldn't someone be able to eat it vs starving?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »

Fantastic day today! Ms Luker is amazing; we began at 10:30 and we finished her first three songs by noon, so we were already 30 minutes ahead of schedule. We broke for lunch, and then finished her second three songs by 2:30, with an hour before the men arrived. Our producer went off to the Hispanic Museum to see the Goya, her assistant went for coffee, and Rebecca, William Hicks and I decided to tour the Trinity Church Cemetery across the street from the Academy.

We ran into a friend of Rebecca's and Billy's so, while they talked to him, I kept my eyes on the Academy garage entrance in case any men arrived early. Sure enough, around 3 our DR DAW showed up, so while Rebecca and Billy toured the cemetery, I caught up with our former DR and gave him everyone's regards, blessings, and good wishes. At 3:15 DR Jason arrived, and I gave him the same, and by 3:30 we had our ensemble of gentlemen, they had their tax forms filled out and by 4:10 we had finished the recording. The guys sounded great with Rebecca, and I send my gratitude and love to all of them for being prepared and so easy to work with.

Tomorrow morning, we have two numbers with Zak and a ladies ensemble of five wonderful ladies. He's all set and excited to be doing numbers with our "Follies" girls tomorrow, even threatening to show up in top hat and tails.  No, DR TCB, he won't be naked.

Lucky you posted that last sentence in time, I was just about to hit "BUY" for that ticket to JFK.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »

HEALING BACK VIBES FOR DR TCB!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble posting this afternoon?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »

The voice of the Seattle Mariners since their inception in 1977, Dave Niehaus, died yesterday.  Fortunately he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown a few years ago, so he got to know how much he was loved by baseball fans everywhere.

It is nice he made it to the Hall of Fame while still alive. 

It was indeed.  Mr Niehaus became famous for saying (whenever a Mariner hit a grand slam homerun), "Get out the rye bread grandma, it is grand salami time!"
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble posting this afternoon?

Only because I have a ton of paperwork I am working on.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

i don't exactly know what spam is. But why wouldn't someone be able to eat it vs starving?

Sandra would starve to death before eating meat.

And I would probably lose a few pounds on the All-You-Can-Eat Spam diet.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2010, 02:53:18 PM »

I am serious.  They did deliver cans of crab.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »

I wish I was going to Portland tomorrow.  Unfortunately my back would never survive the three hour auto trip.

Such a shame about your back.  I wish I could go but I don't think my stomach can survive the flights.  I'm having enough trouble reading the posts without losing my lunch.

Feel better soon, Jane!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »

They said they were serrving lots of salads along with sandwiches.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »

Jennifer, HERE is the official Hormel SPAM website and THIS is the Wikipedia site.

My niece is vegan and she, like Sandra, would starve before eating any kind of meat...especially something like SPAM.

George

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »

~~~Feel Better Vibes All Around!!~~~

Jane

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

I am serious.  They did deliver cans of crab.

LOL-I believed you.  I'm laughing at why they figured crab to be a good delivery of food, but then I don't think spam is either.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »

Canned crab sandwiches ;)

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »

Feel better soon, Jane!

Thank you.  I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks my glasses will be taken care of & I will adjust to taking these shots.

Speaking of the injections...last night I hit something & was surprised blood one little needle caused.  It was really nothing & I was more concerned I didn't get the medication into my system.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »

Canned crab sandwiches ;)

And crab louie's
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »

Funny, I went to Google news and the headline article said "Carnival: No spam was served on Carnival Splendor during crisis"
http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/11/carnival-splendor-cruise-ship-fire-spam-/130847/1

Jane

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »

As bad as this cruise has been for the customers I truly pity the staff on board.  The accommodations for the peons isn't great to begin with. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »

And a guilty indulgence: "At Long Last Love." Watching the movie may not be pleasant, but all those Cole Porter songs. I even like Cybill's version of "I Get a Kick Out of You."

I made a CD of the album and even added a couple of songs that were from the TV broadcast ("Down In the Depths" by Madeline Kahn and "Tomorrow" by Duilio Del Prete) but not on the album. :)
Dulio del Prete singing "Tomorrow" is a scary thought. But Madeleine singing "Down in the Depths" would be a great addition.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up