Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEALING HANDS  (Read 21494 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:HEALING HANDS
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2005, 05:59:23 PM »

JRand, Kachina is absolutely beautiful!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »

Thanks, Jane.  I dislike the Tacoma Mall even when their isn't a shooter on the premises.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2005, 06:01:32 PM »

Yikes!  Watching the news now... glad DG Ann didn't satisfy her craving this afternoon for Thai food from the food court!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2005, 06:03:12 PM »

Me too!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2005, 06:03:32 PM »

She just walked in the door from the gym... and I'm now looking for a news update, as this is the first I've heard of it!

Come on, son, you didn't expect them to interupt football for a shooting at the Mall?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2005, 06:15:58 PM »

Shocking news!  Of course when I first heard Washington Mall I thought of DC!  We live in dangerous times, making HHW an even greater haven of sanity for those of us here.....well....a haven in any case. :)

Thanks, DRJANE.  Yes Kachina is a lovely 19 year old long haired cat.  She loves living in the store and visiting with all the people.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2005, 06:17:10 PM »

Well, I guess I can safely avoid Poseidon Adventure tonight.  I was afraid I might miss this year's big Emmy winner, but I guess not.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2005, 06:18:43 PM »

Jed is Ann home with you?  I'm reading the news about the Tacoma Mall shootings.

I just heard about it!  I've been on the computer all day, making CDs from records.  Even though some people were shot, at least no one was killed!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 06:19:16 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2005, 06:24:07 PM »

VERY glad I didn't give in to my thai food craving!  My goodness, how scary.

Also very glad the aforementioned "beloved Seahawks" managed to hold it together.  DB Jed is never a happy boy after a loss.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2005, 06:24:24 PM »

Well, I guess I can safely avoid Poseidon Adventure tonight.

According to IMBb:

Plot Outline: A cruise ship succumbs to a terrorist act and capsizes on New Year's eve. A rag-tag group of survivors, spearheaded by a priest and a homeland security agent, must journey through the upside down vessel and attempt an escape.

and:

User Comments: 3 hours of my life I won't get back.

The only reason that I was planning on watching it was because there is ALSO supposed to be a major motion picture re-make of this and I'm going to want to compare.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2005, 06:59:13 PM »

Why not compare it to the original movie and let the TV version sink into oblivion?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2005, 07:00:28 PM »

I opted, finally, for "Return of the King" -- and was amazed at all the new things I discovered...and all the emotions that got stirred up.

The trilogy is watched for another year!

I used to read the novel annually.  I may begin it after the new year!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2005, 07:20:18 PM »

I see you.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2005, 07:20:28 PM »

Do you see me?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2005, 07:20:39 PM »

Has the cat got your tongue?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2005, 07:21:10 PM »

Are you doing something else?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2005, 07:21:18 PM »

Are you eating?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2005, 07:21:24 PM »

Sleeping?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2005, 07:21:38 PM »

Poopie-dooping?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2005, 07:22:25 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Sigh-h-h-h-h-h-h-h![/move]

FJL

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2005, 07:26:34 PM »

Thanks for the congrats on charting on the footlight chart.  

For the record (pun intended  :) ), we're not the first Kritzerland release to chart on a footlight chart.  The Harvey Schmidt CD is the #3 seller for the "Theater-related" chart for the past 60 days.

www.footlight.com/top_sellers.cfm?cat_id=11&datecr=60

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

Hey everyone, sorry I've been E&T for a few days... I seem to be having time management issues lately.  I must resolve to be more organized.

Anyway, Jason, happy birthday!

I finally caught up on season 1 of Lost, and now I'm freaking out and I NEED to see what happens next!  Anyone have the first episodes of season 2 recorded and want to loan them to me?  Put me out of my misery, please!

I seem to have misplaced War and Peace and I was so close to the end... and something really exciting had just happened... so I'm cliffhanging there too.  Sigh.

In other news, the student film is finished... almost.  Now the director is having second thoughts about his choices, so it's a good thing I didn't call them to make offers yet!  Sheesh.  Well, that's exactly why I decided to wait over the weekend to give him time to sleep on it.

Question for you actors:  I asked an actor how tall he was and he seemed to get a little miffed about that.  I needed to know because we didn't get to match these two people up, and we wanted to cast them together but we didn't know if it would look ridiculous, since the guy is a little on the short side and the girl seems taller than she actually is.  So the question is, Is it inappropriate to ask an actor his/her height?  I've always thought it should be on the resume anyway... so what's the issue?

Okay, I hope to be back around more frequently, what with the holiday coming up.  I'll have more down time and be able to come here to relax and commune with you fine people.

OH and I saw Harry Potter at midnight Thursday... and I can't really tell you what I thought of it, because I couldn't concentrate on the plot.  That's all I'm gonna say about that... but I think many of you can probably imagine why.  Let's just say those boys sure are grown.  :o
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2005, 08:12:30 PM »

The NFL game on CBS overran its time period, so I didn't get a chance to see COLD CASE tonight. This will be one I'll have to catch in reruns.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2005, 08:16:29 PM »

When I finished my cleaning tonight, I put in a movie I haven't watched in several years - DANTE'S PEAK.

Even for a film made some years ago and a DVD that was one of the earlier ones done at the start of the DVD revolution, the DVD transfer still looks good, and the special effects are very well done. I couldn't remember how it ended, so I enjoyed seeing it in its entirety.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2005, 08:20:46 PM »

Since I had about 45 minutes before the start of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, I put in the DVD of GIGI, another film I haven't watched in at least a couple of years.

It is an enhanced transfer, but this is a movie that could do with a face lift. The color was fine, but there was dirt on the print used and thus it didn't look as good as it could have looked. It seemed slightly darker in look than I remembered, too. It has a Dolby 5.1 soundtrack, but the sound engineers didn't route much music to the rears at all and they are virtually wasted.

Still, I got through "She Is Not Thinking of Me" before I closed it down for the night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2005, 08:21:19 PM »

Thanks for the congrats on charting on the footlight chart.  

For the record (pun intended  :) ), we're not the first Kritzerland release to chart on a footlight chart.  The Harvey Schmidt CD is the #3 seller for the "Theater-related" chart for the past 60 days.

www.footlight.com/top_sellers.cfm?cat_id=11&datecr=60

Still wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that my copies of both CDs arrive in the mail soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2005, 08:21:49 PM »

And DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had some laugh out loud funny moments tonight along with some touching scenes, too.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2005, 08:23:32 PM »

Just finished a relaxing shower, I've got clothes washing in the machine, and my dinner is in the microwave (just some warmed over pot roast and potatoes).

"The Poseidon Adventure" is on the telly, but not because I wanted to watch it.  I notice, though, that they seem to have cast a looks-something-like in the Roddy McDowall role.

Yawn.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2005, 08:24:30 PM »

I do hope to see "Harry Potter" next week.  

And, of course, I have a matinee to attend Saturday of "White Christmas" at San Francisco's Curran Theater.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2005, 08:25:10 PM »

On ROME's season finale, we got to the Ides of March, very well staged and as tragic as always. Lindsey Duncan has Servilla's cold smugness down to a science. Riveting.

Now we have to wait a year for new episodes. :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up