Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THINGS  (Read 11485 times)

Jennifer

Re: THE MEAT OF THINGS
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »

Wow that is great DR Jose that you were able to travel for $10. Were there any extra charages added?  Did they give you food on the flight for that price?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »

I totally forgot to point out how wonderful the Olympia Brain's Rod was. The actor did a fantastic job with the role, and I think I may have liked his performance even more then the LA Rod (which is saying a lot, since the LA Rod was really quite wonderful).

Kudos also to the Olympia Brain's Donna. I enjoyed watching her as well. A few times she was a bit too hyperactive, but otherwise I thought she did quite nicely.

And DR George, next time, if there is a next time, that a theatre in your area does THE BRAIN..try out for the part of Private Parts. I just know you could do a great job with that part!

Thanks, Mike, but this is more of the case where we audition for the show and Josh (the director/music director) decides where he wants to cast you.  I had to specifically ask to read for The Brain.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »

Well, we have to make a hospital call this afternoon.  Our DN (dear niece) & Goddaughter Lauren has finished up the college year with a respiratory infection and probable pneumonia.  Some healing vibes would be appreciated!

~~~
Healing Vibes for
DR Ginny's
DN & GD Lauren!!
~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »

I have finished my afternoon surf (pretty quickly), and I'll now hop off-line and get to work on my review. Then it'll be back down to watch the rest of MURDER AHOY, last night's LAW & ORDER, and then we'll see what kind of time I have left before I begin NCIS around 8:30.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »

Does nobody name their daughters Adele any longer?

There's a musical called One Man Band, about a guy looking for his missing wife.  Her name was Adele.  I always liked that name. :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »

re: "Chuck"

SPOILAGE

One of the inherent evils of being involved in top secret espionage is that your family members must NOT be involved.   I think that's why many shows feature characters without families or find ways to "kill off" an identity, going through all the motions of faking deaths and funerals.  Then the spy gets a new identity and moves on with his life with no attachments.  That protects the innocents, too.

In "Chuck", we've seen Awesome and Morgan get on board with Chuck's secret.  The enemy still thinks Awesome is a player, and no one will ever believe Morgan is one.   And, in a twist, Ellie's being manipulated by a Ring agent -- in essence using her against her brother but, inevitably, looking toward a day when they'll all be involved.

Yes, trouble will ensue.  That's part of the game they're playing with the story arc.  For me, it's no more tiresome than any of the other cliche-riddled series that trot out the usual plot devices even when delivering some entertaining TV.

Meanwhile, the "romance" between Chuck and Sarah is really the one tiresome thing I wish they would dispense with.  Doesn't work for me.  And such romances have always killed shows in which the sexual tension between uninvolved characters made the show interesting.   Unless they plan on attempting a "Hart to Hart" scenario, with John in the role of Max...and with Morgan as Freeway...I don't see how they can hope to sustain it.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed last night's episode and especially those two wonderful touches:  As Chuck channel surfs while sitting in front of the TV with Sarah, he comments, "There's never anything good on Monday nights" ("Chuck" is a Monday night show).  And then when Chuck -- in the wee small hours of the morning -- calls the general for a video chat, he Sarah and John (and we) see a strange man padding to the refrigerator in the background.  Husband?  Boyfriend?  Buddy?  LOL!  It adds more humanity to the general's character.

SPOILAGE Endeth
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »

THE FARMER IN ADELE - wasn't that a film from - oh, wait, this is a family site

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »

Watching the motion picture whose score is the next Kritzerland release - I've never seen the film before - it's kind of fun in that early 1970s kind of way.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »

THE FARMER IN ADELE - wasn't that a film from - oh, wait, this is a family site

That sounds like something on DR MBarnum's SINDERELLA DVD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2010, 02:57:45 PM »

TOD

New Faces of 1952 (film)

Robert Clary
Alice Ghostley
Ronny Graham
Eartha Kitt
Carol Lawrence
Paul Lynde
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »

Another incredibly busy day.  Zach had his "tour" day at his new middle school, where we were forced to sit through an abbreviated version of their exciting (NOT) BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.  Belle actually sang quite well, the Beast was, well, a beast.  ;)  I also figured out how to fix the nonworking garage door opener remotes for the new house, which made me feel manly.  :)  (It had to do with the order of the dip switches).  Then I got home to the Fed Ex package containing a rather large sum of money and the signed rental agreement.  Still giggling about that one--hope the joke is not on us.  Then I finished my Spartacus review after getting confirmation that what I was seeing was indeed what I was seeing.

And, yes, ORDER OF THE DIP SWITCHES is inevitably going to be the title of something or other.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »

Vibes and prayers for Lauren!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »

Did they give you food on the flight for that price?

Food? On a plane? I flew from Maine to California and there was no food on the plane.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »

Congrats to DR George and  the cast and crew of the Olympia BRAIN for the good reviews!!!

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

Well, we have to make a hospital call this afternoon.  Our DN (dear niece) & Goddaughter Lauren has finished up the college year with a respiratory infection and probable pneumonia.  Some healing vibes would be appreciated!

HEALING VIBES!!

Jane

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »

I just found out something that really gets my allergies going. Fresly cut grass!  It's almost as bad for me as perfume or cigarette smoke. My eyes were burning. :(

(luckily i was not cutting grass just near it).

I cover my face, usually by pulling part of my clothing up over it.  I don't care how silly I look. 
That isn't true, I care but I would rather look silly than breathe in the fresh grass fumes.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »

Jennifer, happy birthday to your aunt & have a nice evening.  I don't think I have had honey cake.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »

Wow that is great DR Jose that you were able to travel for $10. Were there any extra charages added?  Did they give you food on the flight for that price?

I was also going to ask about extra charges.  I wish I could fly someplace for $10, extra charges or not. 

George

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »

Congrats to DR George and  the cast and crew of the Olympia BRAIN for the good reviews!!!

DITTO!

Thanks and thanks!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »

Holy moley on rye, I've just been dealing with yet another pressing plant screwup - this one so stupid as to just boggle the mind.  I got an e-mail this afternoon telling me someone had received their Legend of the Lost CD and the label film on the CD itself was for Last Man on Earth - a CD we haven't even pressed yet, and may never press (it was supposed to be two releases ago but we had to put a hold on it for various reasons that may or may not get worked out).  The music ON the CD is Legend of the Lost, and the rest of the packaging is fine.  So, I've made the plant repress the entire run and tomorrow they will send replacements to all the dealers overnight - that way by the time they get their shipments they'll already have the replacements ready to include.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »

We visited with DN Lauren, who is recovering but should probably rest for about a week.  Thanks to DRs Jennifer, George, Laura, and Jane for the vibes I found when we got home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »

Holy moley on rye, I've just been dealing with yet another pressing plant screwup - this one so stupid as to just boggle the mind.  I got an e-mail this afternoon telling me someone had received their Legend of the Lost CD and the label film on the CD itself was for Last Man on Earth - a CD we haven't even pressed yet, and may never press (it was supposed to be two releases ago but we had to put a hold on it for various reasons that may or may not get worked out).  The music ON the CD is Legend of the Lost, and the rest of the packaging is fine.  So, I've made the plant repress the entire run and tomorrow they will send replacements to all the dealers overnight - that way by the time they get their shipments they'll already have the replacements ready to include.

Ooo...could these become collector's items?? ;)

Jane

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2010, 04:54:59 PM »

Good news Ginny.  Vibes she continues to improve.

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »

I'm not sure what i'll get around to watching tonight. Defintely DWTS results.

DR Cillaliz have you chosen your favorite yet?  My favorite is nicole and derek. Followed by evan and anna. I do like maks and erin. But like the other two teams better.

I"m not that crazy about chad and cheryl. I have not found his dancing to be too great. Niecy is actually growing on me. I love her personality. And i actually think she was better than chad. Although i'd suspect he is more popular.

I like Nicole and Derek. I'm not particularly fond of Erin and Maks, but don't really have a favorite after Nicole and Derek

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »

Another incredibly busy day.  Zach had his "tour" day at his new middle school, where we were forced to sit through an abbreviated version of their exciting (NOT) BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.  Belle actually sang quite well, the Beast was, well, a beast.  ;)  I also figured out how to fix the nonworking garage door opener remotes for the new house, which made me feel manly.  :)  (It had to do with the order of the dip switches).  Then I got home to the Fed Ex package containing a rather large sum of money and the signed rental agreement.  Still giggling about that one--hope the joke is not on us.  Then I finished my Spartacus review after getting confirmation that what I was seeing was indeed what I was seeing.

And, yes, ORDER OF THE DIP SWITCHES is inevitably going to be the title of something or other.  :)

Can You Share the SPARTACUS Review?

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »

Went to take a nap but as soon as I landed in bed I grabbed BK's book and started reading it. I never got my nap.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »

Now that I missed my nap and stopped reading the book, I am sleepy.

BK, the book is fabulous thus far!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »

DR Elmore, that is SINDERELLA AND THE GOLDEN BRA (1964)

And here is the trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfqlfprZsaQ

The prince is certainly very handsome!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »

Healing vibes for Lauren niece of DR GINNY.

What great photos DR JOSE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »

Sweet photos DR Vixmom.  I got to hold a baby girl today, also got a cat fix while I was visiting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up