Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MELODYLAND II  (Read 15632 times)

Vixter09

• " .... Whoops..."
Re: MELODYLAND II
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »

:D Oh my GOSH CKAE CAK (Dangit Mom) CAKE! Thank you! :D Thank you so much!

ain't genetics grand?

Curse your misspelling genetics! Curse them!

Oh I can spell!  I just cab't tpye!

::)
I'm not the egg man,
I'm not the walrus,
I am the Moose Girl,
Goo goo ga chu

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2012, 08:36:38 PM »

We went to see the new Aardman film - Pirates tonight - it was very funny and very clever

there were so many little visual jokes in the background  I think you could watch the  movie several times and still not catch them all - I recommend  it
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »

Sweet dreams, all. I'm off to slumberland. Can't focus on the screen any more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »

well the Vixter and I need to get up early tomorrow so night all!!

vixmom

« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »

VIBES for all that need them -

Vixter09

• " .... Whoops..."
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »

I'm not the egg man,
I'm not the walrus,
I am the Moose Girl,
Goo goo ga chu

vixmom

« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »

Escpecially for TCB  for rapid recovery

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

Oh Holy moley, I just realized that in one week I have 3 birthdays and mothers day. 

Mother's Day is next Sunday?
Not sure, but the birthdays are the 9th, 10th and 11th so if Mo's day is the Sunday after that's 3 bdays and mos day in one week

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »

Cilla good thing you were the one to find those errant weeds

You can say that again!  I made sure to show them to my neighbor who is a DA.  He laughed and said they were growing in his backyard

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2012, 08:50:30 PM »

Ok, I am so disgusted at the way Lisa Lampenelli bullied Dayana on Celebrity Apprentice that I'm not sure I can even watch it again.  It was way way way over the edge and it was allowed to continue. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »

Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way, although the comments on Lisa's facebook page are just as bad as what she was doing to Dayana

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »

Finally home after a long week.  DP and mom and I went to PF Changs for dinner and had some yummy-licious food including the lemongrass Brussels sprouts.  There was ribs, ahi, chicken, shrimp, Mongolian beef and rice (not for me though!)  Great way to end the long week.  We went to Kohl's and the DP's mom bought us a cool set of bedding (which is a belated Christmas gift).  Now, we are home. 

We had a great house today for Annie.  Almost sold out.  I can't remember when the first Sunday matinee was this well attended.  Well, children and dogs... well, you know the rest.  We are VERY happy with it, nonetheless!

Jennifer

« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »

The new mystery is the about 2 dozen pot plants that were growing in the yard

I read that as potted plants :)

Jennifer

« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

Watching TAR.  Not surprised about the person who was crying about shaving her head

Well they totally showed this in the preview. I think if I was on the show I would have done it. But I would not like it. It would take years and years for hair to grow back.

Jennifer

« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »

Can't wait for my guilty pleasure....Celebrity Apprentice

I also am enjoying this season. Tonight was especially good. There are 3 people left who i actually really like. The two people left on the team that lost. And the "star" of the other team.

Jennifer

« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »

Oh Holy moley, I just realized that in one week I have 3 birthdays and mothers day. 

We have my aunt's birthday, then mother day, then my niece's 3rd birthday, and then her 3rd birthday party!

Jennifer

« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »

RE: the preview for next week's FINALE OF THE AMAZING RACE

I guess it was Brunch Sunday, and I am just now finding out.

I didn't mind the elimination on TAR, and am certainly looking forward to the 2-hour finale next week.  I don't know if it's four teams for an hour and then the final three.....or if we have a Final Four.....but the promo made it look very exciting.....but then again, that's what a promo is supposed to do.

The preview does look super exciting. Especially the part where the first team to arrive at the end has to go back?!?  I guess it will depend on what they didn't finish. But that sounds like the craziest ending ever.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:19:48 PM by Jennifer »

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »

Can't wait for my guilty pleasure....Celebrity Apprentice

I also am enjoying this season. Tonight was especially good. There are 3 people left who i actually really like. The two people left on the team that lost. And the "star" of the other team.

Lisa Lampinelli was just too much for me tonight.  Maybe I'm more senistive because we are really having a huge anti-bullying campaign going on here, but there was absolutely no need for her to be so cruel and crude to Dayana.   I think Lisa must have some mental issues

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

Jennifer are you saying you like Aubrey?   I would never want to work with someone like her.  Especially someone who does her best to throw everyone on her team under the bus.   Yikes!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »

Oh my.....last Friday SUPERNATURAL had a very GOOD episode - and MAD MEN tonight was also outstanding....

I recorded "Mad Men" but I got home too late to watch it "live."  I'm watching my other Sunday shows and I'll watch MM after those (so my DVR doesn't get too filled to quickly).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

RE: Tonight's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE
Ok, I am so disgusted at the way Lisa Lampenelli bullied Dayana on Celebrity Apprentice that I'm not sure I can even watch it again.  It was way way way over the edge and it was allowed to continue. 

I see what you're saying, but i sort of disagree. Dayana was so beyond useless in this task that even Clay Aiken (who teaches kids with disabilities) could not stand it. If his patience was tested then you know it had to be bad.

Yes i think that Lisa can be super harsh. But i think she tells it as it is. And has praised Dayana quite a few times when she deserved it.

I sort of like Dayana. But tonight she just went too far. ANd i understood why Lisa said what she did. I don't think she should have insulted her the way she did. But that is her personality. ANd i think that Dayana could handle it.  I mean Dayana knew nothing about the task and was definitely micro-managing ridiculously. I have liked her on past shows but even i could not stand her tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:57 PM »

And for someone who is competing for a charity that is against bullying, why does she come to the defense of a bully?   Don't get it

Jennifer

« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »

RE: Celebrity APPRENTICE and tonight's show
Jennifer are you saying you like Aubrey?   I would never want to work with someone like her.  Especially someone who does her best to throw everyone on her team under the bus.   Yikes!

Yes, i love her.  I am not saying that she would be easy to work with. But i love her energy. And i love how super creative she is.  yes she can be bossy. But seriously the rest of her team had no ideas. That would make me crazy. I don't know that she totally threw her team under the bus. She just tells it exactly how it is. So when Donald JR. asked her she wasn't exactly gracious. But what she said was honest IMO.  And she was pretty nice in the boardroom.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »

Lisa called her all sorts of vile names that were totally uncalled for.  It wasn't just "telling it like it is" it was degrading and really way way past what's acceptable behavior for what's supposed to be a business atmosphere.  I have no respect for her or Aubrey.   As to Clay's comments.  Dayana wasn't trying to tell him how to sing, she was trying to tell him to try standing in a different place to check it out.   She does have experience in those areas.   And if you noticed, when they actually performed, he was where Dayana suggested he stand. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »

RE: Celebrity APPRENTICE and tonight's show
Jennifer are you saying you like Aubrey?   I would never want to work with someone like her.  Especially someone who does her best to throw everyone on her team under the bus.   Yikes!

Yes, i love her.  I am not saying that she would be easy to work with. But i love her energy. And i love how super creative she is.  yes she can be bossy. But seriously the rest of her team had no ideas. That would make me crazy. I don't know that she totally threw her team under the bus. She just tells it exactly how it is. So when Donald JR. asked her she wasn't exactly gracious. But what she said was honest IMO.  And she was pretty nice in the boardroom.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »

DR Jennifer, are we watching the same show ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »

RE: tonight's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE
And for someone who is competing for a charity that is against bullying, why does she come to the defense of a bully?   Don't get it

I know you think that what Lisa did was bullying. To me bullying is when you use your power over someone who is weak. And i don't consider Dayana as being weak at all. SHe was frustrated because she was not respected. But Clay didn't respect her. And he definitely wasn't bullying her. Lisa was insulting. And she went overboard. And i don't agree with the things she said (they were very mean). But i think that is her personality. She is a loud raunchy comedian. And she was pushed to her limit. Even though she is very brash, I actually love her on this show. She is brilliantly creative. ANd she was amazing tonight in the performance. I prefer people who are more involved (vs Theresa who seems nice and works hard yet has very few ideas).

Jennifer

« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

DR Jennifer, are we watching the same show ;)

Yep.  In reality tv i tend to always root for the people who are competitive, who do more vs people who are nice (which most people cheer for).

Jennifer

« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »

re: tonight's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

Lisa called her all sorts of vile names that were totally uncalled for.  It wasn't just "telling it like it is" it was degrading and really way way past what's acceptable behavior for what's supposed to be a business atmosphere.  I have no respect for her or Aubrey.   As to Clay's comments.  Dayana wasn't trying to tell him how to sing, she was trying to tell him to try standing in a different place to check it out.   She does have experience in those areas.   And if you noticed, when they actually performed, he was where Dayana suggested he stand. 

I have gone back and forth on Dayana this season. I see the things that Donald Trump sees in her. She is very poised. She is lovely. ANd at times she has done well. But the teams have had to carry her a lot.  RE: it being a business atmosphere. It is a tv show. And they want people to do crazy things.

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »

RE: tonight's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE
And for someone who is competing for a charity that is against bullying, why does she come to the defense of a bully?   Don't get it

I know you think that what Lisa did was bullying. To me bullying is when you use your power over someone who is weak. And i don't consider Dayana as being weak at all. SHe was frustrated because she was not respected. But Clay didn't respect her. And he definitely wasn't bullying her. Lisa was insulting. And she went overboard. And i don't agree with the things she said (they were very mean). But i think that is her personality. She is a loud raunchy comedian. And she was pushed to her limit. Even though she is very brash, I actually love her on this show. She is brilliantly creative. ANd she was amazing tonight in the performance. I prefer people who are more involved (vs Theresa who seems nice and works hard yet has very few ideas).

Lisa was totally verbally abusive.  If you ever study domestic abuse, verbal abuse can be just as bad if not worse that physical abuse.  She called her a vile bitch, she said she was brainless and on and on.   That's abuse, that's bullying and that should not be allowed on a tv show that's supposed to be about raising money for charity
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up