Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLANK PAGE  (Read 38270 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE BLANK PAGE
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2007, 01:21:57 PM »

See, I wasn't just whistling dixie!!! I was so lucky to grow up in the 1960s and 70s!!!

Will Mr. Moore give a testimomnial to your being all grown up?

Must have been nice to have a kit to decorate your Willy!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »

I also noticed that as of sometime in May, Mr. Hasselhoff is no longer part of THE PRODUCERS.

Probably becasue he returning to his judgship on that America's Talent reality show.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2007, 01:34:25 PM »

What a strange childhood you must have had, DR MBarnum!  ;)

"had"? Sems he's still "having".

How will we know when he enters his second childhood?

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2007, 01:35:20 PM »

I was in a Borders at lunch.  The following jumped into my hand, and would not leave me alone unless I left the store with them:
What could I do but comply?    :)

No smarter purchases could have been made. This is one of the finest procedural dramas on television, and it's elevated by having a fascinating set of regulars who are all interesting characters on their own.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2007, 01:36:39 PM »

I am amazed that with the likes of Elmore, Jose and especially TCB 'round these here parts that the phrase "what is the most creative thing you've done with vegetables" hasn't been....explored more thoroughly.   ;D

So...what's YOUR contribution to the conversation??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2007, 01:38:59 PM »

I've never even heard of this!

ARRRRGH!   String him to the mizzenmast!  Make him walk the plank!

I'd rather peek at MBarnum's petunias...is that an optional punishment??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »

Lunch started late and lasted quite a long time. After lunch, we went to Best Buy. He's been looking into M3 players for his daughter, and I wanted to buy the first season of VERONICA MARS which is on sale there this week, cheaper than I could even find used copies on the internet. I had some gift cards for BB, so it didn't actually cost me anything. (I had found season two of VM earlier this week at Amazon with the same sale price as BB.)

George

« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2007, 01:42:19 PM »

Okay, I'm going to give you dear readers a head's up - I have gone deep into storage and found another cache of Bay Cities boxes.  I suspected I had these, but couldn't be sure.  Happily, I was very smart in what boxes I took when the company folded.  So, this is not for publication yet (I won't be posting about this for another day on the film music boards), but I have found the title I was hoping to - David Shire's masterpiece, Return To Oz.  I'm giving you dear, dear people first crack at these.  I haven't unpacked the boxes yet, and I have to remove them from their blisterpax, which will take a couple of days.  I can't let these go cheaply, I'm afraid, and I haven't decided on which of two prices I'm going to charge, but I'll give you dear readers the lower of them, which is $25 plus shipping.  Considering this title usually goes for close to $100 or even more (and they don't come up for auction very often - and amazon sellers don't even have one copy), I think it's a bargain.  They sold for sixteen bucks new, so it's really not that much more.  I'm probably going to end up charging $30, so if you're interested, e-mail me at kritzerland@aol.com and I'll tell you how to proceed from there.

I think that I may already have this, but I won't be able to check until I get home from rehearsal.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »

When I got home, I did have some time for some TV-on-DVDs.

I began with the next episode of ANGEL, a kind of filler episode as signs of a coming apocalypse get stronger and stronger. By the time the demon spouted forth from the earth near the end of the episode, it was clear this was actually a two parter.

Additionally, nothing beat the cringe-inducing love scene between Connor and Cordelia.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »

I couldn't end the afternoon without watching another episode of THE CLOSER. This is the one with the wife of a famous chef murdered in the restaurant she managed. Douglas Sills was back as number 1 suspect Dennis Dutton, and the chemistry he has with Kyra Sedgwick is superb. I hope he shows up for a season three episode!

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2007, 01:47:24 PM »

I got Criterion's new release of Lindsay Anderson's IF. . .  in the mail today, but I'm not sure right now if I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow morning.

I still wanted to get to that PLANET EARTH episode and MORNING GLORY today.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2007, 01:51:46 PM »

I couldn't end the afternoon without watching another episode of THE CLOSER. This is the one with the wife of a famous chef murdered in the restaurant she managed. Douglas Sills was back as number 1 suspect Dennis Dutton, and the chemistry he has with Kyra Sedgwick is superb. I hope he shows up for a season three episode!

Is this the  "Just plain Brenda" episode?

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »

Just ran my music and I'm more comfortable with it, so after tomorrow's little music rehearsal I should be okay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »

The script is a whole other kettle of fish.  I am having trouble even wanting to pick it up and look at it.  

FJL

« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2007, 01:58:54 PM »

Does anyone heree use the Long island Rail Road?  This just in (OK, it came in about an hour ago but I just saw it):

MTA Long Island Rail Road

Service Alert

Thursday, May 31, 2007  3:45 PM

Evening Rush Hour Service:

Beginning at 4 PM the LIRR is anticipating operating its regular evening rush hour service out of Penn Station and Brooklyn; however customers should expect delays of 10-15 minutes and some canceled and combined trains.

We currently have limited service restored west of Jamaica Station between  Jamaica Station and Penn Station, as well as between Jamaica Station and Flatbush Avenue while we continue to assess and repair the damage to the signal system from the earlier brush fire west of Jamaica.

NYC Transit is also honoring LIRR tickets at Penn Station, Flatbush Avenue,  Jamaica, Woodside, Forest Hills, and Kew Gardens.

FJL

« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »

BK - Did the CD (in the envelope bearing many of our unused 39-cent stamps) get to you?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2007, 02:03:27 PM »

The US, who has had a bit of a hand in what is currently happening in Iraq, has so far only let 800 (eight hundred) refugees into our country to resettle. I think that is outrageous and inhuman!

Do we invite the Sunnis who are fleeing the Shiites or the Shiites who are fleeing the Sunnis? Maybe a mix of both so they can continue the civil war over here?

I suspect that the refugees are fleeing other Arabs, not the U.S.

How many thousand non-English speaking Muslim Arabs would Salem like to welcome? Ask your neighbors - I suspect you'll find the response disheartening.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:05:23 PM by DERBRUCER »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2007, 02:16:15 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Aaaahhhh....

-Notice I did not say, "Whew!" this time.  ;)

Just back from a nice walk through the northwest quadrant of Central Park.  After having lunch at the Hampton Chutney Co., I headed over to Central Park.  Walked around the Reservoir, then made my way through the North Woods.  I finally "discovered" Huddlestone Arch, as well as some other Central Park landmarks.  I eventually made my way to the top of the Park, and came out at the northwest corner where there are some spiffy new residential towers.

It was a bit on the warm side, and, alas, I could tell that the air was not at its best today - there was a definite brown tinge hanging in below the clouds.  But since I wasn't doing anything strenuous, I was OK.  And it was a good head-clearing walk.

Aaaahh...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2007, 02:16:49 PM »

Is this the  "Just plain Brenda" episode?

No, that's from season one (penultimate episode), and Douglas Sills wasn't the guest star in that one.

Ginny

« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »

Libraries that want to receive the new Harry Potter book before its July 21 release date have been required by the publisher to limit the number of staffers who will handle the copies and to provide names and contact info for each branch manager.  Apparently, the system for which I work has complied.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2007, 02:18:14 PM »

Does anyone heree use the Long island Rail Road?  This just in (OK, it came in about an hour ago but I just saw it):

MTA Long Island Rail Road

Service Alert

Thursday, May 31, 2007  3:45 PM

Evening Rush Hour Service:

Beginning at 4 PM the LIRR is anticipating operating its regular evening rush hour service out of Penn Station and Brooklyn; however customers should expect delays of 10-15 minutes and some canceled and combined trains.

We currently have limited service restored west of Jamaica Station between  Jamaica Station and Penn Station, as well as between Jamaica Station and Flatbush Avenue while we continue to assess and repair the damage to the signal system from the earlier brush fire west of Jamaica.

NYC Transit is also honoring LIRR tickets at Penn Station, Flatbush Avenue,  Jamaica, Woodside, Forest Hills, and Kew Gardens.

And to complicate matters, the MTA's Credit/Debit Card authorization system is down too this afternoon.  All MetroCards must be paid with cash.  I can't imagine what the lines are like in Times Square and Penn Station at the kiosks.  And at the nearby ATMs.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2007, 02:19:26 PM »

The script is a whole other kettle of fish.  I am having trouble even wanting to pick it up and look at it.  

So... I just have to ask...  Didn't you get the script and score before you said, "Yes"?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »

Forgot to mention that Debra Messing's new miniseries begins tonight - THE STARTER WIFE at 9. It's on one of the cable channels - Lifetime or USA or one of those. I'll have to look at the cable guide to be sure.

I'll give it a try.

Definitely not interested in PIRATE MASTER.

Matt H.

« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2007, 02:20:36 PM »

Well, I need to clean the bedroom areas and then get settled in for more TV.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2007, 02:21:31 PM »

DR Jose, "Ask" and "Attack" are not synonymous.

Hey, at least they begin and end with the same letters.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »

The Roast of Utopia...

A friend of mine is currently in the Broadway company of Forbidden Broadway, and come the new fall, he'll also have a cast recording to his credit for the yet unnamed new edition.  And his OCR will actually get released!

:-\

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »

Forgot to mention that Debra Messing's new miniseries begins tonight - THE STARTER WIFE at 9. It's on one of the cable channels - Lifetime or USA or one of those. I'll have to look at the cable guide to be sure.

USA 9-11

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »

"MORE OVALTINE HOT, PLEASE" has become "MORE OVALTINE SHAKES, PLEASE" - at least this summer version of the commercial makes sense.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »

Actually not. TB is actually difficult to catch - it takes lengthy close contact.

der Brucer

Well, the strain he has has a lengthy incubation period.  Consequently, his seatmates will have to be tested for the next two years just to make sure no infection has taken hold.  Whether something is "highly" or "lowly" contagious, there's still a possibility he could have infected other people.

On the "bright side" - if their is one - besides being "attractive", he's also a lawyer.

And then on the "how stupid can you be" side, his father-in-law is a doctor who specializes in TB.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2007, 02:28:48 PM »

Is anyone having a problem connecting?  I'm not, and obviously there's a lot of people here posting, but dear reader Adriana Patti has contacted me and she's telling me that she can't get on here - Safari won't connect, nor firefox.  I'm on Safari right now, no problem, loads very fast, same with AOL.  

Has she cleared her cache?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up