Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TRAVEL PLANS  (Read 16261 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: TRAVEL PLANS
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2010, 09:26:38 PM »

I'm relaxing at the computer and I think I'll take a shower in a little while.  Meanwhile, I'm going to turn on the laptop and do updates - haven't even had it on in over four months, but since I'll be taking it with me, I may as well have all the updates done.

OH! And there was a MAJOR OS update that came out two weeks ago.  It will take a while.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:27 PM »

BK --Just want to tell you how much I love The Steven Sondheim Album!  I bought it for Brent's song: "Make The Most of Your Music," which is wonderful, but I've come to love so many others.  Whenever I need a laugh I just listen to Dame Edna's "Losing My Mind."  And Norm Lewis is just so great on "With So Little to Be Sure Of/Who Could Be Blue"---I've listened to it over and over!  Those are just a few examples-the whole CD is terrific!

Thanks much.  That one was fun all the way around, I must say.  Dame Edna is priceless and was my best decision on the album. 

I agree!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - In the spirit of "name checking", I believe you meant to indicate "Magic Johnson", not "Michael Jordan".

Michael Jordan had AIDS, not Magic Johnson.  I don't know who led the commission.

Magic Johnson was HIV positive. I don't believe it has developed into full blown AIDS. To my knowledge Michael Jordan does not have AIDS.

I should go back & delete my post ;)

Yes, I totally had my "MJs" mixed up..."Magic"...not "Michael"..."Johnson"...not "Jordan" or "Jackson".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2010, 09:32:07 PM »

It's raining in LA? I wonder if we'll get it. It doesn't feel like it's a possibility now.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »

OK...

I think I need to return to napping...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2010, 09:35:59 PM »

I live in blessed ignorance, which is a very nice place, sometimes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »

bk - Then just name the NAME.  All you're doing by not naming them is protecting their anonymity and enforcing(?) their cowardice.

Name the name?  Do you think there's more than one choice?  I'm just letting my mind go to the obvious place because frankly it is inconceivable that it was anyone else.  I don't wish to dignify the behavior further, and you should understand that, I should think.

I do.  So why did you bring it up in the first place?

I brought it up because it was irritating and I felt like bringing it up.  How's that for a reason?  And we hadn't had a good day of kiss my ASS in quite some time - since the last time, actually.

Is this the person who came here to pimp the membership list of this forum for his blog?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

I guess no rain here for tomorrow.

Here's our weather forecast for tomorrow from Accuweather.com:

" ..FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR THE SOUTH-CENTRAL DESERTS INCLUDING PHOENIX DUE TO STRONG SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS...LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND A HIGH FIRE DANGER......

SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE AHEAD OF A FRONTAL BOUNDARY MONDAY AFTERNOON. SUSTAINED 20-FOOT WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH GUSTING TO 35 MPH ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS MARICOPA AND NORTHWEST PINAL COUNTIES...INCLUDING THE PHOENIX AREA...LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON AND INTO THE EARLY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL IMPROVE LATER MONDAY EVENING AS MOISTURE INCREASES AND WINDS SUBSIDE."

Laura

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2010, 09:40:14 PM »

What's a 20-foot wind?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »

What's a 20-foot wind?

A really REALLY big one!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:54:41 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »

Well I should be fine then if those are the Seattle closures.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:42:36 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »

It is indeed raining here.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

What would even be the point to charge for the bathroom on a plane?  Does it cost the airline extra per flush?

It's a way to make money for the airline, DR Jennifer.

Laura

« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »

Looks like our winter weather is over now. In the winter we get the rains after LA gets them.

George

« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »

Showing old Sci-fi trailers before the play is a fantastic idea! Enjoy the show JRand!

That sounds like a cool idea...I wish we'd thought of that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2010, 09:46:27 PM »

Did everyone read about the airline that was considering removing all but one toilet on each of their planes AND make it coin-operated?

I can't imagine that this could even be legal.  Buildings are required to have a certain number of restrooms based on its capacity.  Airplanes must have the same requirements...right?

George

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »

Very eloquent remembrance of the show DESIGNING WOMEN, DR Ron. Thanks for taking the effort to write that.

Ditto and ditto. :)

George

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »

I'm watching the two-hour "Brothers & Sisters."  It's actually pretty good...I was starting to get tired of the show, so this episode is a bit of a surprise.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:12:24 PM by George »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

DR JMK:  My sympathies are also extended on the passing of your Aunt Betty.  I'm certain many of us have had our own versions of "Aunt Betty" and we know how much she meant to you and how much you grieve for her loss.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2010, 10:10:05 PM »

May I just say, "Whew!"?  and "Whew!" again!!

I have finally finished my taxes.  Started last Sunday.   Stumbled across the "Work for Pay" credit and spent the past week trying to figure it all out.  Bank records were scanned, Schedule M filled out, and final versions of both federal and state were filled out and assembled.

No refunds this year, so....they can dang well wait for the checks.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

I'm watching the two-hour "Brothers & Sisters."  It's actually pretty good...I was getting tired of it, so this episode is a bit of a surprise.

I, too, found it rather dreary going shortly after the season started and I dropped it cold.  The previews for this season-ender were provocative enough to raise my interest and I'm recording it on DVR...to peruse later.  Just cannot take all the high drama just before bedtime.

George

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2010, 10:15:48 PM »

I'm watching the two-hour "Brothers & Sisters."  It's actually pretty good...I was getting tired of it, so this episode is a bit of a surprise.

I, too, found it rather dreary going shortly after the season started and I dropped it cold.  The previews for this season-ender were provocative enough to raise my interest and I'm recording it on DVR...to peruse later.  Just cannot take all the high drama just before bedtime.

I really have only kept watching it was because it's on after "Desperate Housewives" and I stay up late.

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »

I really have only kept watching it was because it's on after "Desperate Housewives" and I stay up late.

;)

Are you following "Spartacus" on Starz?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »

I live in blessed ignorance, which is a very nice place, sometimes.

LOL.   I think you make some very deliberate choices and ignore those who urge you to change your ways.   I like it that you are not delusional!

George

« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »

;)

Are you following "Spartacus" on Starz?

I wish...but I don't have Starz.

MBarnum

« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »

Finished a second scary Bollywood movie, this one called HIDE AND SEEK (2010). A group of people, who share a tragic incident from 12 years previous, are abducted and find themselves trapped in a vacant shopping mall where someone dressed as Santy Claus is trying to kill them, or get them to kill each other.

I jumped several times during this one!

Again, no song and dance numbers (what is happening in Bollywood!!!), but if you like scary movies, this one keeps you on the edge of your seat!

MBarnum

« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2010, 11:30:27 PM »

Oh, and HIDE AND SEEK introduced me to a new favorite Indian actor, Ayaz Khan. Had never seen him before, but I do hope to see more of him in the future!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:13 PM »

He was very talented...especially running around in that skimpy bathrobe.

MBarnum

« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »

I'm just sayin'.

George

« Reply #269 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:44 AM »

I had part one of a three part root canal yesterday - came home and took a pill and that was it for me - today we went to church, taught Sunday school, attended a congregational meeting in which we ( FINALLY!!! after only three years of looking) voted in our new Pastor!! (HOORAY~!)

Three years??  Yikes!  Our library system is hiring a new director (our previous director retired last October).  They announced the position and didn't get enough applicants...they said that it wasn't that they weren't good enough, they just wanted more to choose from, so they reopened the position and now it finally seems that they have enough applicants.  There are several from the west coast, a few from the east coast and mid-west, and one even from Greece!  Hopefully, it won't be too long before they announce who'll they'll interview in person.  That's when the public (and staff) will know who's in the running.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up