Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TONY SUNDAY  (Read 28889 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:TONY SUNDAY
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2004, 03:53:58 PM »

May I be the first to say that the world has gone INSANE. Just reading in the LA Times Real Estate section that a Bel-Air "tear-down" has brought in 16 million! The asking price, by the way, was 13.5 million and there were multiple offers.  There's more...There exists on the property a 9,500 sq. foot Colonial house built in 1942 by Paul Williams. That will be razed and in its place will be built a 33,000 sq. foot mansion.  

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2004, 03:54:26 PM »

Good evening all!

Wow, I can't believe it's already 7pm.

I went to my sister's new house at 1pm and brought her 2 flower boxes of impatiens (which I had bought her and planted that morning).  Then she decided that it would be nice to have flowers in her front yard too.  So off I went to get them (and then I planted them too).

Also painted the first coat of her bedroom (with her hubby).  And brought lunch and snacks. How nice am I? :)

I must run off now. I need to eat and I want to see Trading Spaces Family (before the Tonys).  Since Hildy is on tonight.

I must say I really liked her fabric covered walls yesterday. Anybody else see the show?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2004, 03:54:27 PM »

Favourite Tony moments for me - Judy Kuhn singing "Rags" and the sequence form "Big River".

First of all, Judy Kuhn didn't sing the sequence form "Big River."  ;)

Actually, I thought it was great seeing her in both "Rags" and "Les Miz" in the same Tony broadcast.  I love Judy Kuhn!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2004, 03:55:34 PM »

You know, depending on who you believe, Eliza Dolittle is Hungarian.

She isn't??

Danise

« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2004, 04:00:39 PM »

Is anyone besides me watching the red carpet web cast?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »

I'm watching the Pre-show on the Tony Awards website.  It's coming over amazingly clear.  I wish there was a way to record it
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

For the life of me I can't think of specific Tony moments to talk about. I've always loved the Tonys and NEVER missed them when I was younger. I would get very emotional - even if I hadn't seen the show or didn't know the actors. Truth was that I SO wanted one for myself, thank you.
I have a good friend who won a Tony some years ago for "Joe Turner's Come and Gone." Made the mistake of asking her once how she felt when her name was announced. She looked at me like I just landed from Mars and answered, "I felt pretty damn good!"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2004, 04:06:08 PM »

...I ran into Senora Lavadora today. That hateful putana is using TEN (!) dryers!!! In one dryer (I'm not lying) she had four white t-shirts and a hand towel. And for some reason, without even feeling the clothes to see if they were dry, she went around the room and added more quarters to all of her machines while there were five of us waiting with baskets full of wet clothes. I noticed on one machine that she added two quarters (that equals fourteen minutes) to a machine that still had 18 minutes left! And she never even felt the clothes to see if they were dry yet!! I hate her and I hate her culo face!
Oh, if only you had the laundromat franchise, then you could just sit back and laugh and laugh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2004, 04:07:45 PM »

I can proudly say that William Hung is NOT Hungarian.
BTW - Newsies had a Hungarian cinematographer. And isn't it interesting that there are so many Hungarian cinematographers of note...Laszlo Kovacs, Vilmos Zsigmond, Elemer Ragalyi, etc. Wonder why that is?
Hungarians understand the differences between light and dark?

Just a possibility.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2004, 04:08:44 PM »

I'm watching the Pre-show on the Tony Awards website.  It's coming over amazingly clear.  I wish there was a way to record it

If you know how, you can record the audio, at least.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2004, 04:08:49 PM »

I know, Dan, it's great!  I had to reload Real player and that cost me some time but it was worth it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2004, 04:13:28 PM »

I know, but I rather have boththe audio and video.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2004, 04:14:23 PM »

It's been a wonderfully varied year for Broadway musicals: I can't think when there's ever been nominated four more different shows than Wicked, The Boy From Oz, Avenue Q and Caroline or Change.
Try 1991, which brought us the nominated Miss Saigon, Once on this Island, The Secret Garden, and the winner, The Will Rogers Follies.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2004, 04:15:46 PM »

I know, Dan, it's great!  I had to reload Real player and that cost me some time but it was worth it.

Danise, if you move your cursor near the upper left hand corner of the picture, a little box will come up.  If you click on the second icon you can make the picture full screen on your monitor.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2004, 04:18:37 PM »

As for favorite Tony moments...one series that always comes to my mind is when they did that mini-retrospective of the past Tony winners that included Priscilla Lopez singing "What I Did for Love" and Sweeney Todd...
Priscilla Lopez singing Sweeney Todd!!!  THAT would have been a casting coup, all right!!!  Always did think she has more talent than casting directors know what to do with!!!

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2004, 04:18:41 PM »

Welcome nine GUESTS.  This is the place to be on Tony Sunday.  We're talkin' about the Tonys.  And we'll be talkin' about food.

Danise

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2004, 04:20:29 PM »

Thanks, Dan!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2004, 04:23:01 PM »

DR George--I have an image-capture utility called SnagIt on my laptop--it records video! I'm trying it out now on the Pre Show.

West-coasters, do you want to hear the Pre-Show winners or do you want to wait for the quickie announcements during the broadcast?
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2004, 04:24:27 PM »

I know, but I rather have boththe audio and video.

True, very true.  Someday, I'm sure, it will be possible.

George

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2004, 04:25:59 PM »

DR George--I have an image-capture utility called SnagIt on my laptop--it records video! I'm trying it out now on the Pre Show.

West-coasters, do you want to hear the Pre-Show winners or do you want to wait for the quickie announcements during the broadcast?

I'm watching the pre-show Internet broadcast, but I'm definitely going to have to find out about this "SnagIt!"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2004, 04:26:43 PM »

I had a pretty good day at work.  We easily made our quota on sales, and I didn't f*ck up even once at the cash register.  Which made me feel really good, because my sole co-worker today was the boss!

I won't be posting during the east coast broadcast, because I'd rather be watching the show, so you won't be getting any spoilers from me.  But I should be able to join everyone after, while things are running for the westies!

Off to make dinner.  Steaks, baked taters, and summer squash (which I'm going to broil topped with cheese, should be yummers).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2004, 04:31:09 PM »

I tried to get that pre-show Tony ceremony, but using a dial up connection, I guess it just isn't fast enough because I couldn't get anything but the videoplayer but no video on it.

I'm sure they will recap on the broadcast.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2004, 04:31:41 PM »

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  I DON'T HAVE ANY BLANK VIDEO TAPES!!!!!!!!!!  I have only a half hour after the Internet pre-show before Costco closes.  I should be able to make it...it's only 2 miles away.  You would think that for as long as I (and we) have been talking about it, that I would have thought about checking if I had any blank tapes.  Oh well, I realized before it was too late!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2004, 04:33:20 PM »

I remember one of the years they tried dramatic moments from the plays, and they did a scene from THE GREAT WHITE HOPE. It was amazingly powerful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2004, 04:35:08 PM »

A dance for Panni, who started Page Four!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]CSARDAS!!![/size][/b][/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2004, 04:38:47 PM »

DR GEORGE I checked yesterday - you can always tape over something...I suggest American Idol.

82 minutes until we see the Tony Awards at my house!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2004, 04:39:09 PM »

I have lost something and I am trying to find it.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2004, 04:46:38 PM »

Good Almost-Evening!

Back from Kinko's - I really like those new Canon copiers, some of the new features came in really handy.  My favorite feature was probably the "simplest" - the counter that told you how many pages you had copied so far which made it very easy to keep track of where I was and if I had skipped a page as I was going along.  And who knew duplex (two-sided) copying had come so far - and so fast!

Back from Target - I almost bought a home theatre system and a DVD/VCR combo, but I somehow resisted.  It is really amazing just how cheap the technology has gotten.  I could have walked out of the store with a brand new TV, DVD, VHS and surround system for under $225!!!  -And I almost did!  We'll see what happens as the week goes along.  Instead I walked out with garbage bags, some dust masks (got some major cleaning this week to get done), and some Vienna Almonds (chocolate covered almonds with a candy shell - quite yummy; I was looking for Jordan Almonds, but couldn't find them.  The Vienna ones are a nice substitute.)

I'm back from the Greek Festival (again) - I went ahead and did the drive-thru and picked up a pastichio (or pastitsio if you prefer) dinner.  Quite a lot of food for only $11.00: tiropita, spanakopita, yanni (green beans), rice and a nice "block" of pastichio.  All gone!  ;D  -Oh, and the pastry assortment from yesterday "disappeared" sometime around 12:30am last night.   ::)

So, now I'm watching "Trading Spaces".... Hmm... and waiting for the Tonys to begin.  I'll catch up on the pre-show winners during the telecast.  And I'll try my best to check in and post during the commercials.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2004, 04:47:43 PM »

That's it?  the pre-show is over??  Okay, I'm off to get video tapes...and dinner.  I'm starving!  And Jack, thanks for the suggestion, but I've never taped, let alone even seen an American Idol episode.  Maybe next season.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2004, 04:48:09 PM »

Well, that was pretty uneventful (the Pre Show, I mean.)  They acted like they were short on time and it's already over at 7:48.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up