Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RAISON D'ETRE  (Read 12730 times)

Ben

Re: RAISON D'ETRE
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »

Happy Happy Joy Joy

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:10 PM »

DR Laura, "Baby" pictures for the adopters is a great idea! I so wish I could see what Bosco and Freddy looked like as  puppy and kitten, respectively.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

DR Jane, 100 pages down, 450 pages to go!

:)  Read slowly ;)

Is it common for people in Canada to take their shoes off before entering a home?  More & more people are asking for a preference, or taking their shoes off if they are dirty.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »

Possible "Glee" Spoilage for anyone who hasn't seen the episode:

DR Cillaliz:  Regarding my comments yesterday about "Glee", I respectfully disagree with the notion that I revealed anything regarding plot. 

I reacted to the show and  the performance of "New Directions".  Nothing more.   

My comment was not at all black-and-white in context for anyone who hadn't watched the show.  As "New Directions" is the "star" of "Glee" in terms of subject matter, and as the season was pointing toward a regionals victory, and because so much was at stake, I said I didn't think they deserved to win...based on the performance they gave.  I didn't say they didn't win, and I didn't say anyone else won.  Only someone who had seen the show could have associated my comment with what actually happened.

End Possible Spoilage

Hmmm, I didn't see the show & from reading your post I figured they had won & didn't deserve to.  No need to say if my comment means you needed a spoiler or not, personally I felt it did.  In this case it didn't matter.  After reading your comments, and the fact Keith is beyond tired with the show, I'm taking it off of our DVR.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »

The boys go to adoptions tomorrow. I am trying to write a little something about each one. I am including baby photos.

Will there be one last video?

Jane

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »

My friend Jan and I had a nice lunch in Westwood Village.

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2010, 05:06:43 PM »

Is it common for people in Canada to take their shoes off before entering a home?  More & more people are asking for a preference, or taking their shoes off if they are dirty.

When I move to Canada, I guess I won't be doing any socializing; because there is no way I am taking off my shoes to enter someone's home.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:20 PM »

The boys go to adoptions tomorrow. I am trying to write a little something about each one. I am including baby photos.

They are still recovering from surgery, so I don't think so. Not unless they become playful tonight.  :(
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »

They are still recovering from surgery, so I don't think so. Not unless they become playful tonight.  :(

Poor things.  Should they be going up for adoption if they aren't feeling too great?  Being boys they should bounce back quickly, except the move can be hard on top of it. :(

VIBES THEY ARE QUICKLY ADOPTED INTO WONDERFUL HOMES!!!

Jane

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »

When I move to Canada, I guess I won't be doing any socializing; because there is no way I am taking off my shoes to enter someone's home.

It could happen here. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »

And the big news Post-wise:  I was officially notified today that I will be furloughed one day a month, ten out of the next twelve months.  The first furlough day is July 12.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »

I'm finally back and we've finished the mix and it all sounds pretty great, at least to my ears.  I'm starving so I guess I'll go grab some food and maybe even eat it, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »

It could happen here. :)

It would be difficult to be less social than I am already, but that would certainly do it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »

And the big news Post-wise:  I was officially notified today that I will be furloughed one day a month, ten out of the next twelve months.  The first furlough day is July 12.

How do you feel about this?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »

How do you feel about this?

If it keeps some of my fellow employees from being laid off; I can live with it.  Besides, I like Top Ramen.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »

LOL.  I'm sorry this happened.  I thought/hoped since you had contemplated retirement you might not have minded.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »

DR TCB - sorry to hear about your furlough.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »

I'm very tired today and glad our guests are gone. 

Wednesday we enjoyed a day of wine tasting in the Applegate Valley area.  It was a pretty day for a drive & Sherlock could go with us.  The first place we stopped at was a small winery with a very nice owner who invited Sherlock into the vineyards to play with his dog.  The dog's job was to chase away all unwanted animals & rodents who ventured inside the fence.  Visiting dogs were welcome.  At our last stop for the day we met a couple who had been to the first winery & had heard all about our wonderful dog. :)

Jane

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »

Yesterday we went hiking and for a walk around town.  In the evening we went back to town for dinner and a play.  We saw a marvelous production of PRIDE & PREJUDICE.  The female lead was terrific and the staging wonderful.  DR JRand-ready for a shock?  The director was Abby.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »

Keith and I are taking it easy today.  We hiked Sherlock & then did a few enjoyable errands in town with him.  The sheets have been washed & the bed made, the rooms dusted & cleaned & the 2nd load of towels are in the washer.  I'm glad I had planned to do this today because I'm sorry to say our guests did not leave their bedroom & bathroom very neat.  In fact they didn't even ask if I wanted the bedding stripped, and with my shoulder that would have been very nice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »

I have accomplished a lot today, and now I'm ready for bed.

Tomorrow the Archive of Contemporary Music is having its summer sale and I believe I will wander down and see what they are selling. It could be fun.

The jerk neighbor above me may be from Canada but the ass sure doesn't remove his 200-lb shoes when he clomps into his apartment and stomps about after midnight. that is all.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2010, 06:11:43 PM »

That's crap. :-\

My sister also works for the state.  She's mentioned the possibility of furloughs, but I don't know if/when they start for her.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2010, 06:17:10 PM »

That's crap. :-\

My sister also works for the state.  She's mentioned the possibility of furloughs, but I don't know if/when they start for her.

I think it's pathetic that this country after years of feeding us propaganda on its power and wealth is up to its ass in debt and poor as a third-world nation.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »

Is there some reason I should read this slowly?  Is it like playing a record backwards?  Will there be a secret message? ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:43 PM »

Just think that in honor of my birthday they are giving you the day off

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »

The judicial system in Iowa has been doing furloughs for a year now

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2010, 06:32:36 PM »

We had a terrible storm at about 3:30 AM.  The winds were 80 miles per hour and there was torrential rain.  some think there may have been a tornado.  I didn't have too much damage, just a few tree limbs down, but around town there are SOOO many trees down, on houses, on cars, in the street.  It was really amazing
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:36:13 PM by Cillaliz »

Laura

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »

Sounds like one of our microbursts.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »

It was sort of like a microburst.  There are photos of some of the damage at www.siouxcityjournal.com  I had been up late reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and had just settled in to go to sleep when the weather radio started going off.  So, I got up and went to the main floor.  I didn't want to be upstairs if a tree hit the house. It wasn't past here until after 3:30 AM so I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.   Forecast tonight....thunderstorms after midnight...possibly severe.   Oh Joy

Laura

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »

I'm glad you and the house came through the storm okay!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up