Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CAPSULE NOTES  (Read 12517 times)

Ginny

Re: CAPSULE NOTES
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »

I'm feeling somewhat sad that Bryan has to move to Cleveland while his wife has to stay in Chicago.

On the upside, Bryan will be doing his emergency medicine residency at Chase Western/Cleveland Clinic. :D

Cleveland's not so bad, DR Jane, and hospitals don't get much better than Cleveland Clinic.  And, FYI, it's CASE Western.

Congratulations to Bryan!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »

Just finished "Murder at the HHS" - the kindle version.  Even though I own the hardcover, I guess I can't read books anymore, go figure.  I purchased "Murder at the Masquers" - the kindle version today, even though I have the hardback.  So, bk... two royalties from me.

When I got my Kindle last year, the first books that I bought were the three Benjamin Krizter books.  I'm still going to buy "real" (made of paper) books, but I've gotten quite a few public domain and inexpensive titles for my Kindle.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »

OWN just canceled Rosie O'Donnell.

Darn...I really liked her show. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »

Very nervously watching Michigan and Ohio U in the NCAA basketball tournament.  Wolverines better get it together - Go, Blue!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »

OWN just canceled Rosie O'Donnell.

Darn...I really liked her show. :(

I didn't even know she had another show.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »

Hi all.  I'm just popping in and out real quick because I am so very tired tonight.  Last night I couldn't sleep at all and now I can't keep my eyes open.  I think all the excitement is catching up with me.    I stopped off at walmart and found a monkey toy for the dogs.  Toby is just in love it.  He took it outside right away and now is laying on the couch with it.  I guess I'm going to have to go back and buy one for Sheena. 

Have a good evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2012, 05:47:25 PM »

Very nervously watching Michigan and Ohio U in the NCAA basketball tournament.  Wolverines better get it together - Go, Blue!

What network is showing that game?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:32 PM »

Thank you DR Ginny.  I don't know why I added the h to Case, not a good thing to be doing.  I'm very excited he has such a great residency & think it is better than the ones in Chicago he had hoped for. 

What can you tell me about Cleveland, that isn't "so" bad?  Bryan hasn't a clue yet where to live.  Are there even areas where he can walk to the shops, etc. that are conveniently located to the hospital & hopefully in a nice area.  He did a quick search on Craig's list & said the rents seem reasonable.  They will have two apartments to maintain now plus he has to begin paying back student loans soon.  Kate has two or three years of school left.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

Just a kindle reminder - there's mel is available for 3.98. 

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »

TNT

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

TNT

Thank you.  I just found it.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

So, DR TCB, did I see earlier that you accepted DR Danise's smart phone offer?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »

Yes, I did.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

Yes, I did.

:D

George

« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »

Well, I just got a call and the Washington Center is desperate for ushers, so I'm going to usher.

Be back later!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »

I'm very sorry, Ginny.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »

Thanks, DR TCB - I'm not surprised.  Now I'm pulling for Michigan State on TBS.

Jennifer

« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »

Thank you DR Ginny.  I don't know why I added the h to Case, not a good thing to be doing.  I'm very excited he has such a great residency & think it is better than the ones in Chicago he had hoped for. 

What can you tell me about Cleveland, that isn't "so" bad?  Bryan hasn't a clue yet where to live.  Are there even areas where he can walk to the shops, etc. that are conveniently located to the hospital & hopefully in a nice area.  He did a quick search on Craig's list & said the rents seem reasonable.  They will have two apartments to maintain now plus he has to begin paying back student loans soon.  Kate has two or three years of school left.

I'm sorry DR Jane. Will they still be able to see each other frequently?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »

Ginny, I don't want to see you and vixmom come to blows over this next game.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

Thanks DR Jennifer.  We don't know yet.  She has one year in Chicago & a second year someplace in Europe (?).  I think in the 3rd year she can be with him, with trips back to Chicago if she is still finishing up her PHD.  I don't remember when she is done.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »

This matching for residencies is somewhat confusing.  Bryan received a letter from a program in Chicago that he was their number one pick, out of 2 positions.  A friend of his received an identical letter.  Bryan placed that program 4th on his list while his friend put it at the top figuring it was a safe bet.  Neither of them were matched to that program & Bryan's poor friend didn't receive a match at all.  I don't know how that is possible if you & the program both put you at number one.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »

Bryan sent a letter to his number one pick in Chicago letting them know he was doing this.  They sent back a very nice letter basically saying "we will see you in July"  ???

Jane

« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »

We all think Case Western/Cleveland Clinic is a better place, it just isn't where Kate is.

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »

DR Jane, I don't know enough about Cleveland to answer your questions, but it seems to me that the University Circle area is pretty nice.  I've been to the Playhouse Square area frequently on business at the Cleveland outpost of DR Ben's employer.  Mostly I've stayed out in the 'burbs, probably not where Bryan wants to live.

Ginny

« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »

Ginny, I don't want to see you and vixmom come to blows over this next game.

It's only basketball, DR TCB...

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »

Please tell me I'm not getting a sore throat...

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »

'night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »

Please tell me I'm not getting a sore throat...

Is everybody on this site getting sick?

<<KEEP AWAY!>>
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB