Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME TO 2007!  (Read 24163 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WELCOME TO 2007!
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »

Since Thanksgiving weekend we kept hearing about a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy that had just walked through town before we did.  Seems the people with the puppy kept hearing about us, but alas we never met.  Today at the dog park I met their neighbor who called them from her cell phone so we could connect.  The puppy is exactly two weeks younger than Sherlock & we have made a play date for Thursday. :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »

duh!  I've been looking for a new Anthony Warlow album "Unexpected Dreams". I should read posts more carefully.

I'm sorry!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2007, 06:58:54 PM »

I've shaved.

It's the first time since last Tuesday evening...the night before I flew out on Wednesday.

Sigh.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2007, 06:59:39 PM »

Good evening, fellow Dear Readers. Tonight my friend took me to a fancy restaurant to thank me for taking care of her animals recently. I had salmon, which was quite good -- almost as good as the salmon DR MusicGuy fixed for me a couple years ago.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »

OK... Back to the boxes and bags...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »

Joshie is amusing us by pouncing on the white feather boa in a paper bag. He is really having a swell time!

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »

Ron, sorry you aren't ready to go back to work.  I've been doing a little office work here and there during my time off and although our office is technically closed tomorrow, the court is open and I have several deadlines, so I'm going to get up and go in as if it's a normal day. I'm actually looking forward to going in without the staff and without having to answer the phone.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »

Joshie is amusing us by pouncing on the white feather boa in a paper bag. He is really having a swell time!

Oh my gosh! That would drive the girls mad!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: January 01, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »

Finally watched MRS PALFREY AT THE CLAREMONT. What a lovely film! Quiet, touching, with a perfect ending. It had a very brief theatrical run here and I heard very little about it, but it is quite worthwhile. I recommend it. Available through Netflix.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #219 on: January 01, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »

I really do love my family, but sometimes I have difficulty believing my ears.

Greg and I can adopt you if you like...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »

Brother Dan arrived and we went out to breakfast with mom...then took her to the grocery store...now I am pooped...how is that family can wear you out so fast?

Boy, ain't that the truth.  My family's New Year's get together is usually a low-key get-together, but we were a raucous group today.  I had a terrific time, but I was wiped by the time I got home and zonked out on the sofa for about a half hour.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08:32 PM »

My New Year's Day meal:
Collard greens
Black-eyed peas
Ham
Cornbread

Damn! That was what *I* was supposed to have and here I had fabulous Indian food with my best friend. We walked around Athens for several hours and visited a gardener I'd done a show about last season. We just showed up on her doorstep, unannounced (she'd never even met me) and she was gracious enough to give us a tour of the wonderful garden.

By missing out on the traditional meal, I wonder if it means I'm not going to make any moey this year? Yikes!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08:34 PM »

After the rain cleared out of the area, it became a really lovely day. Cool but just right for January. Should be the same for the next few days.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

I really enjoyed seeing HARPER again after many years away from it. What an all-star cast! And a fun mystery.

I have seen THE DROWNING POOL, but not in a long time, and I don't have fond memories of it. Seems like I remember it being not particularly well written and kind of plodding.

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2007, 08:12:27 PM »

I spent the rest of the evening revisiting BONES episodes from the Season 1 boxed set. I watched the episode of the prep school kid found hanging in a tree and also the episode about the man's hand found inside a bear that took Tempi and Booth to Seattle.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

I haven't decided which DVDs I'll watch tomorrow. I'm sure I'll proceed with CSI disc 5, but I may put in a film, too, from the stack I still have awaiting viewing. Just haven't made any decision yet.

And if I'm not mistaken, some TV shows come back tomorrow night with new episodes. I think the two LAW & ORDER shows are new tomorrow night.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2007, 08:31:23 PM »

My friend gave me one of those fountains for cats. One is fascinated; another is hiding.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2007, 08:37:20 PM »

I'm heading down to bed now.

GOod night!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »

I've eaten some almonds for lunch.
Were they in an Almond Joy?

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2007, 08:46:17 PM »

Some of my fondest memories of Philadelphia - New Years day and all of South Philly smelled of saurkraut and pork! My cousin hosted about 30-40 family members and hangers-on after the Parade - it was a non-stop assembly line that ran for much of the day. (Quite a logistical nightmare considering she lived in a second floor three room apartment.)

der Brucer
For what it's worth, the store was totally sold out of saurkraut in any form today.  And of black eyed peas.

We live in traditional times, I guess.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #230 on: January 01, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »

Finally watched MRS PALFREY AT THE CLAREMONT. What a lovely film! Quiet, touching, with a perfect ending. It had a very brief theatrical run here and I heard very little about it, but it is quite worthwhile. I recommend it. Available through Netflix.

Hmmmm...I just looked up this movie and it sounds very good...I added it to my Netflix queue...I need to put it towards the top of my queue otherwise I won't get it until sometime in 2037.

My queue is rather long.

MBarnum

« Reply #231 on: January 01, 2007, 08:53:30 PM »

Greg and I can adopt you if you like...

I can be your little Oregon boy.

And you have to put me in your will.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #232 on: January 01, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »

I've shaved.
Some people think it's sexier to get a bikini wax.

(Hey, you didn't say what you'd shaved.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #233 on: January 01, 2007, 08:58:14 PM »

By missing out on the traditional meal, I wonder if it means I'm not going to make any moey this year? Yikes!
I've heard that black eyed peas are supposed to give good luck.

A former supervisor, at my insurance job (from which I retired), insisted on the dollars-and-cents thing, with greens as the greenbacks and the peas as the cents.  I thought he was a jerk.  (He also thought that he had everyone fooled because he was in the closet.  NOT!!!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #234 on: January 01, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »

Time to wussburger.

Der B and I had hamburgers tonight.

Tomorrow, we take the grandlads to the bookstore (where they each have giftcards to deploy), and then dinner at a steakhouse.

And then we have their mother to deal with.

Bleh.

MBarnum

« Reply #235 on: January 01, 2007, 09:51:07 PM »

Well, how do you like that. I pop in and nobody's home.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:09:20 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: January 01, 2007, 09:52:04 PM »

Back from party - we nibbled on food, but it wasn't my sort of thing, so Nick and I went and had a lovelier than lovely dinner at Marie Callendar's.  That's what I'M talkin' about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: January 01, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »

I shall now go back to my Hammer noir - with the first screen appearance of Miss Diana Dors.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: January 01, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »

I am really full.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: January 01, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

I am full really.