Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE, I'VE SAID IT AND I'M GLAD  (Read 12399 times)

Michael

Re: THERE, I'VE SAID IT AND I'M GLAD
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »

All I can say is Oi Vey! The Day The Clown Cried. I Think I will attempt to read the version of the screenplay before Jerry Lewis started rewriting it.
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »

In a story on how Harvard trashes "Love Story," the New York Times reveals that Russell Nype of "Call Me Madam" and "Goldilocks" is still alive and living in Kennebunkport at age 90.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/movies/22love.html?ref=arts
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »

There's footage on YouTube of Lewis on the set of The Day the Clown Cried.

And with that scintillating factoid, I bid y'all nighty-night.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »

Thanks, Edi, for the Sinatra spoof plug.

FJL

« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »

Interesting article,.John G.  I had missed it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »

Announcement in forty-five minutes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »

TOD:

I'm sure that many of you would pick "cure the world of all disease" (e.g. AIDS, cancer, etc.) as your miracle, so since that one is well covered:

I would have all of the world's terrorists and/or terrorist wannabes join Adolph Hitler wherever he might be.

Ditto and Ditto!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »

Announcement in forty-five minutes.

I'm ready...I'm not caught up with today's posts (yet), but I'm ready! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »

And of course as soon as I burned it, I thought of more songs, but, like editing, sometimes you just have to decide you're done and wrap it up!

Edi, you can always have a Volume 2. ;) Quite a few years ago, I bought something (I forget what) on eBay and the seller included a home-made CD of songs by women Broadway singers that he called "Divas for Days."  I loved it so much that I continued it.  I went through my musicals and put together another four, count 'em FOUR compilation CDs for myself.  And I gave copies to a couple of my friends and they absolutely loved them.

George

« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »

Back from some fun travels, including a stop at Mystery and Imagination Bookstore.  They told me a funny and wonderful story.  Several weeks ago I mentioned that I'd met a man and his wife who then proceeded to tell me that their daughter LOVED the Hofstetter mysteries - she and her friend have read them over and over again.  They hadn't gotten her the third one yet because she wanted to go to a signing and meet me and have her sign it directly to her.  They'd missed the one I'd done when it first came out.  So, apparently they were at the Ray Bradbury 90th birthday party that Mystery and Imagination threw last Sunday.  And the daughter was there, and they bought Murder at the Hollywood Historical Society for her and she was clutching it to her and asking the owners if I was going to show up - it was really a sweet story.  So, I had Christine e-mail the guy and tell him that I'd meet them anywhere and sign the book for the daughter - he wrote back and said we'd do it as soon as this Ray Bradbury Week celebration is done - in a week.  Isn't that fun?  And yes, there will be another Hofstetter book, either next or after the next. 

That's a very nice story, BK.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up