Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL  (Read 48719 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2008, 09:03:31 AM »

Oh and SHOWCASE in canada (the channel that airs DAMAGES) is re-running the first 11 episodes of LIFE (the NBC show that some like DR RonP loved).

I never saw it. So i am going to record the first episode tonight.

The paper here said that NBC is announcing their Fall line-up today. So we will know if the show get picked up or not.

NBC has already announced that LIFE is coming back next season. So is CHUCK of their fall freshmen series.

What we're waiting on with their announcement is whether MEDIUM and LAW & ORDER are being renewed.

I read that if MEDIUM isn't picked up by NBC, CBS is primed to scoop it up. (They actually produce the show through their Paramount TV production arm.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2008, 09:04:33 AM »

Can we pre order DR ELMORE's Memoirs at Amazon.com yet?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »

I am elated and dismayed at the Big Brother happenings - so tonight should be interesting.

I am wondering if any of the Bozos involved realize that the show gets its name from a George Orwell novel?

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2008, 09:07:11 AM »

Page Four Dorothy Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2008, 09:08:12 AM »

Can we pre order DR ELMORE's Memoirs at Amazon.com yet?

I've been wondering the same thing. I have Visa card in hand ready to spring for a copy.

;D

FJL

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »

Pizzeria Uno

FJL

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »

No deeper dish than Uno, unless it's right here at HHW

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »

TOD:   Hmmmmm....favorite restaurant that's a chain.....all my current favorites are "local" establishments.  I like "Kincaids", of course, but I only go there once a year or so.

Growing up, we didn't know from "chains".  But the first "restaurant" (of a sort) that opened in Greenville SC that was part of a chain was Dobbs House.  My dad was very partial to Dobbs House, and I enjoyed eating there, too.  They had a wonderful filet with bacon wrapped around it.  First time I'd ever seen that.

As for fast-food chains, the first in Greenville, to my recollection, was called "Burger Chef".  It was later taken over by "MacDonald's" (as in, absorbed by) and our first "MacDonald's" opened on the same site (and, as it happens, was next door to Dobbs House).

I'm fond of "Red Snapper", although the ones nearest the "coasts" are best as they get the freshest seafood, IMO.

And I would kill, kill, kill (that's THREE kills, mind you) to have a local "White Castle."  I don't care what anybody thinks of "White Castle"...I LOVE IT!  It helps, of course, that I can buy a box of frozen burgers (or cheeseburgers) in my local supermarkets, but I can't get the fried onion chips or chocolate shakes!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:19:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »

Heading down now to check the mail and decide if the front yard is dry enough yet to mow. Then, I'll be fixing some lunch.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »

DR JANE - it could be worse for you.  Here is one section of my library...and the shelves are three books deep.

I have two sections of shelves, 5 feet wide by 8 feet high by 48 inches deep.  This is part of one section....and there are two other walls of books, records, etc.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »

TOD: Panera (Fuji Apple Chicken Salad!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »

That's the title of my next memoir - Dry Enough to Mow.   ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2008, 09:17:35 AM »

Panera!!

I have a gift certificate from Chili's which I may use in May when my sister Molly visits from Seattle.

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2008, 09:17:43 AM »

My goodness, DR JRand57 - those shelves are simple groaning! [and that's not even allowed at HHW!]

Be careful...you know what happened to DR elmore3003!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2008, 09:18:22 AM »

BREAKING NEWS STOP THE PRESSES INTERRUPT REGULAR PROGRAMMING

Indiana University has a new basketball coach.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »

My goodness, DR JRand57 - those shelves are simple groaning! [and that's not even allowed at HHW!]

Be careful...you know what happened to DR elmore3003!

Yes....yes, I know.  but if you look carefully you will notice the board braces in the middle of each shelf that run from top to bottom, resting on the slab floor.  The shelves are bent permanently of course, but they will stay where they are, at least until the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012.  8)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »

I'm so very glad I don't have a yard to mow.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2008, 09:21:09 AM »

I've been wondering the same thing. I have Visa card in hand ready to spring for a copy.

;D

Your only other option, DRs MattH and JRand57, is to come to New York and hear the stories over dinner. The New York group would love to meet you face to face, as I'm sure many of our other Hainsie/Kimlets would as well!

The other day DR Ron Pulliam mentioned he'd never been to Manhattan and I meant to post back that he should do it.  I wish I had a reason to visit San Francisco, Norht Carolina, or Indiana.  Perhaps, DR JRand57, when I'm next in Ohio, you, perhaps DR Ginny, and I can meet somewhere between Middletown and Indianapolis?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2008, 09:22:05 AM »

Also, I'm so very tired still.  Today, I am feeling aches/pains.  The weekend's activities (and I'm totally stoked/thrilled with my results) might have been a bit more aggressive, physically, than I was ready for.  Still....it's done!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2008, 09:22:15 AM »

No deeper dish than Uno, unless it's right here at HHW

How would DEEP DISH PIZZA be as the title for my memoirs? I think I still prefer SLOUCHING TOWARDS IMMORALITY.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »

That's the title of my next memoir - Dry Enough to Mow.   ;)

And when the cows come home, DRY ENOUGH TO MOO.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2008, 09:24:32 AM »

The other day DR Ron Pulliam mentioned he'd never been to Manhattan and I meant to post back that he should do it.

Yes, he should.  And he should also be sure to give me plenty of advance notice, so I can be sure to be out of town.    ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2008, 09:25:02 AM »

On a short break...

DR elmore - Rob says he wants an update on your bed-bug situation.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:25:32 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »

SLOUCHING TOWARDS IMMORALITY.

;D

That one would be pretty hard to beat!

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2008, 09:26:39 AM »

Thems a lot of books, JRAnd!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2008, 09:26:49 AM »

Your only other option, DRs MattH and JRand57, is to come to New York and hear the stories over dinner. The New York group would love to meet you face to face, as I'm sure many of our other Hainsie/Kimlets would as well!

The other day DR Ron Pulliam mentioned he'd never been to Manhattan and I meant to post back that he should do it.  I wish I had a reason to visit San Francisco, Norht Carolina, or Indiana.  Perhaps, DR JRand57, when I'm next in Ohio, you, perhaps DR Ginny, and I can meet somewhere between Middletown and Indianapolis?

Options to consider.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2008, 09:27:59 AM »

Thems a lot of books, JRAnd!

Yup...and the internet has made most of them redundant.  :P  But I am loathe to throw them away.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »

***ACHES & PAINS BEGONE VIBES***[/size][/color]
to DR Ron Pulliams' bones![/size][/color]

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »

Tonight my mom and I will go to dinner and then to the movies...The Elsinore Theatre is showing the 1933 (pre-code) comedy DESIGN FOR LIVING which stars Miriam Hopkins, Gary Cooper, and Frederic March. Should be a lot of fun!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2008, 09:40:59 AM »

How tired was I last night?  After leaving work at 6:30 p.m. (BUSY, BUSY day) I stopped at a grocery and bought a few things to cook.  When I got home, changed into comfy clothes and put away groceries, I discovered I wasn't remotely interested in cooking.

It was nearly time for "Biggest Loser", and I settled in to watch.

[SIZE=8] 'BIGGEST LOSER' SPOILER [/SIZE]

Umptysquat gizzplotz singdawmarjoriedaw singdawcoleslaw stringclawstrontzjaw slingjaw snorklecraw We were down to the final five in last night's show with brothers Mark and Jay, former Bama football player Roger and ladies Ali and Kelly, both of whom were the top weight losers last week.  We lost Dan (the kid) in last week's show.

Last night, the show treated the fivesome to a trip to Sydney, Australia, home of "Big Brother Australia", a show that is a hit "down under" and one in which Bob and Jillian are trainers, as well.  The facility there is called the White House and it's a gorgeous estate/mansion.

The show was more of a travelogue for Sydney, but it had its moments as the competitors had a couple of workouts plus a challenge that really put them through their paces:  First, they had to climb to the top, and center, of the Sydney Harbor Bridge.  There, Allison told them about their challenge.  They were all to be taken into the harbor on a speed boat, from which they would jump and swim 300 meters to a point on shore where they would put on running shoes and run a short course to a steep flight of stairs, at the top of which they would find bicycles.  They then biked a good distance until they got to a botanical garden, through which they had a good run until they arrived at a 44-story building, the stairs of which they would climb to the top.  Mark and Ali arrived "together", each supporting the other and were granted co-winner status.  Their reward was a plane ride over Sydney and a breakfast at a fancy hotel overlooking the ocean.  Each also got to call home.

The final workout saw Jillian really busting Kelly's and Ali's behinds.  Bob, on the other hand, was proselytizing his theory that yoga is a damned strenuous exercise.  He had the three guys in lotus positions and other contortions.  They sweated and groaned...but they didn't seem to be burning any calories.

At weigh-in, the results of the trip across the world, and other training irregularities induced by the trip, told on all of them.

For the second time in three weeks, Ali was the biggest loser.  She lost 3 pounds.  Next was Roger who lost 2 pounds.  And believe it or not, Kelly remained above the yellow line having lost only 1 pound.  No one expected that both Jay and Mark would have a lousy weigh-in.  No one except Mark.  Both brothers registered a gain of 1 pound each.  Both were below the yellow line.  Because Mark had taken the fall for his "blue teammates" (Jay, Roger and Dan) weeks earlier when teams were voting off their own, this time his brother Jay stepped up and asked everyone to vote for him.

Ali and Roger both voted Jay out.  We don't know how Kelly voted, but Kelly has long considered Mark the biggest threat in the game, and I'm sure she pondered whether voting Jay out was a better game play than voting out Mark.

Allison got a huge dig in at Jillian, pointing out that a woman had again won the weigh-in and that the competition was now down to two men and two women.  Last season, the show sent the final four home to complete their competition after all previous shows had only a final three.

This season, we're expecting a final three, but the previews last night indicated something different is to be expected.  It looks like the "public" will be choosing who the "third" member of the final three will be.  Next week's weigh-in will have a bottom two...so it looks like "we" will get to pick which of the bottom two will be allowed to compete for the final prize.

It's really a crap shoot at this point because all four are more than worthy of moving on.  I'm rooting for both the ladies, but I cannot say which of the men I'd prefer to see bow out.  Both have done incredible things and I look forward to the finale to see how much weight all of them have managed to lose by the end of the competitive arc.  spunstraw snottycraw singdaw'satmardigras.

END SPOIILER
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:05:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up