Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING  (Read 24187 times)

François de Paris

Re:IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »

Larry, you might see Anthony at the library today. A friend of his got tickets for the Met's dress rehearsal of Madama Butterfly at 10:30am. He said depending on when they get out and how tired he is, he might go to the library.

A Trip To The Library?

How "She Loves Me"!! ;)

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2006, 01:40:20 PM »

I have officially hit the Friday afternoon wall and had to eat some dark chocolate M&M's to make it until 5:30pm.  How will I make it through tomorrow and then another whole week until vacation?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François de Paris

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2006, 01:40:59 PM »

Just checkin' in... cuz i sure ain't sleeping!!! Oy. I'll put on something mindless and try to still the blather going in a loop in my skull... more after my nap.

DR PennyO:

How do you manage to always be so cheerful and happy!
You're inspiring!

François de Paris

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2006, 01:44:09 PM »

Well folks I am about to leave the house to start my vacation.
Everyone have a great two weeks and I will report real soon.
Enjoy yourself, Michael, in the Old Europe!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2006, 01:48:21 PM »

Some news about last night's ratings:

In the 8 p.m. hour, SURVIVOR led followed by the GREY'S ANATOMY clip show, and MY NAME IS EARL/THE OFFICE.

At 9, GREY'S ANATOMY scored a surprise win over CSI as the most watched show of the night. GREY'S had 25+ million viewers to CSI's 22 million. DEAL OR NO DEAL finished third.

At 10. ER ruled the roost. ABC's SIX DEGREES came in second losting almost half its GREY'S ANATOMY lead-in while CBS' SHARK came in third, again losing half the audience of its predecessor. More bad news for those two new shows: the audience for the second half of the show dropped off from the first half meaning people were tuning out, not a good sign.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2006, 01:50:37 PM »

As I was preparing myself to exit the apartment and head into midtown, my phone rang>  It was DR Michael S waiting at JFK for his flight to Budapest.  He sends regards to one and all, and I wished him a safe flight and wonderful time from all of us.

I am now heading out.  I have a show tonight and then a party, so I'll check in later tonight or tomorrow morning.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2006, 01:57:18 PM »

Have a great evening, DR Elmore, visiting with DRs Tomovoz and FJL and celebrating the nun's triumph.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2006, 01:59:12 PM »

I am still cogitating on the idea of Elizabeth Taylor dating again.

How much is there to do in an ICU?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »

Wouldn't she have to start getting ready the day BEFORE the date?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2006, 02:06:40 PM »

Elmer Bernstein's score to THE MIRACLE certainly helps that movie along....though his score for a later Carroll Baker flick THE CARPETBAGGERS is one I like better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

I've been doing stuff that I thought I was done with - a bit of banking, a couple of errands I forgot about, etc.  

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2006, 02:33:18 PM »

I understand that Canadians got treated to episode 2 of GREY'S ANATOMY last night instead of the season premiere. Some screwup in NYC sent next week's episode via satellite by mistake. Next week, they're going to broadcast the season premiere though whatever surprises were there have obviously been spoiled by this error.

ABC is rebroadcasting last night's premiere at 8 p.m. in the US.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2006, 02:34:18 PM »

Now, off to take care of some household chores, mop the kitchen, and read more in the Eileen Heckart biography. Then, back to TV/DVDs.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2006, 02:42:53 PM »

TOO MANY CONNECTIONS

Francois, you and your connections... You are electric!

Don't place a horse shoe over your door, DR George!! It may fall down on your head and that's not a lucky thing to get!!

Only if you don't feed him....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »

I understand that Canadians got treated to episode 2 of GREY'S ANATOMY last night instead of the season premiere. Some screwup in NYC sent next week's episode via satellite by mistake. Next week, they're going to broadcast the season premiere though whatever surprises were there have obviously been spoiled by this error.

ABC is rebroadcasting last night's premiere at 8 p.m. in the US.

Funny on one of the ABC message boards they keep trying to sqaush the threads about the mixup and they keep popping up.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »

So glad you got to finally see WICKED, DR George.

I saw both AVENUE Q and WICKED on the same summer trip and loved both of them. I'm glad I wasn't a Tony voter becasue to choose between the two of them would have been a horrible decision.

I will say that I adored WICKED and couldn't have been more entertained or satisfied, but when AVENUE Q ended, I had tears in my eyes because I didn't want it to end.

My friend Margo also saw both shows on Broadway.  She loved both, as well.

But she did say that as far as acting in Wicked, she liked Shoshana Bean as Elphaba better than Idina Menzel.  She said that Idina was good and very loud...a lot louder than Shoshana, but there wasn't as much to her performance as what Shoshana offered.  Margo thought that Shoshana actually acted the role and was much more affecting in the part.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »

DR George - I had forgotten that Shoshana took over the Wicked tour after Julia Murney left.  I think it's great that she's been able to play her hometown.

AND Megan Hilty (Galinda) is from Bellevue, Washington, which is a suburb of Seattle!  They're both local!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2006, 03:12:54 PM »

Back to more Lagaan.

George

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement.  I think I will audition.  The last 2 shows I was in were both musical revues one a Gershwin tribute and one a Cole Porter tribute. I had a blast doing them and should be able to easily work up one or two of my solos from those shows to use for an audition number.

I never seem to notice audition notices for plays here, but it seems everywhere I turn I'm seeing the notice for auditions for this revue, so maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

DO IT!!  If I can audition after not having performed in public for four and a half years, you can too!! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »

DO IT!!  If I can audition after not having performed in public for four and a half years, you can too!! ;D

Thanks George. I don't think this will be nearly as fun as CANIBAL THE MUSICAL, lol, but it would be a good time

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2006, 04:10:14 PM »

Thanks George. I don't think this will be nearly as fun as CANIBAL THE MUSICAL, lol, but it would be a good time

I hope you do audition.. Good luck!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2006, 04:26:47 PM »

I tell ya - I really thought that I had most of the day to not do anything - but I just was kept on the phone for an hour with The Brain publicist - the entire afternoon has been filled with that sort of thing.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »

Deidre Hall  -- I met her once years ago at an event my cousin who wanted to go to and I felt she was incredibly rude for giving us a tongue lashing for accidently bumping into her despite our apologies. Needless to say, I was not impressed with her.

I found Deidre (she said "Please call me Deidre") to be totally charming and even more beautiful in-person than on television.  I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day - even celebrities.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - SUMMER STOCK/IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERSTIME (soundtracks)

DVD - THE MOON-SPINNERS
          THE DEAD ZONE
          SAN FRANCISCO
          ON DANGEROUS GROUND

Ahh, THE MOON-SPINNERS!  Haley Mills, Peter McEnery, and Pola Negri -- who could ask for more?  Mr. McEnery was one of my first crushes, when I was fourteen.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »

People are people; just got a wake up call request (it's 1:55 am here now!) for 8:55 am!

NOT 8:50 am or 9:00 am but 8:55 am!
Just find that... funny, but, hey, the guest is always right! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2006, 05:10:50 PM »

Ahh, THE MOON-SPINNERS!  Haley Mills, Peter McEnery, and Pola Negri -- who could ask for more?  Mr. McEnery was one of my first crushes, when I was fourteen.

More? Eli Wallach is in it too!

A Disney Production that I have never seen and I had to let all of you know that! Direct from Paris, France! Ah, progress! ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:11:51 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2006, 05:14:51 PM »

Never liked Dead Zone!

Not lively enough for me! Ah!

François de Paris

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »

Great! I'm the only one in town!

Don't want to chat with me? Fine!

François de Paris

« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2006, 05:28:07 PM »

I found Deidre (she said "Please call me Deidre")

With me she said: "May I call you François?" and from then on I could not even pronounce Deidre!

Interesting right?! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2006, 05:28:52 PM »

Francois, you and your connections... You are electric!Only if you don't feed him....

No, just ... eclectic sometimes!! :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up