Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: SILENT MOVIE  (Read 7769 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SILENT MOVIE
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2012, 09:44:47 PM »

Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2012, 11:41:19 PM »

I just don't know when to change.  I guess I'll find out tonight.

;D

Found out...I have one jacket and pair of pants for act one and another jacket and pants for act two.  I wear the same black mock turtleneck for the whole show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2012, 11:43:06 PM »

In reality I should thank Tony Bennett.  Had we not thought he was talented we would have missed the incredible Dionne Warwick.  I have a feeling he wasn't happy that his opening act was loved so much by the audience while his reception was lukewarm at the best.

My dad LOVES Tony Bennett.  Tony actually came to the Washington Center a few years ago and my sister and I bought tickets for our parents for the show.  My dad LOVED the concert.  I ushered, so I saw it for free. :D I thought that he (Tony) put on a great show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:52 PM »

Back from Little Women.  It's a pretty bad show, especially the music - every song has the same chord progressions - ridiculous.

George

« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2012, 11:54:40 PM »

Back from Little Women.  It's a pretty bad show, especially the music - every song has the same chord progressions - ridiculous.

BK, did you see a production of the Broadway version that starred Sutton Foster (who, coincidentally, was just on tonight's episode of "Royal Pains")?

George

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2012, 11:56:12 PM »

When Fred and Skip came to Issaquah, Washington (scroll down to 2006) to have the reading of The Last Starfighter (where I got to meet them in person), there was also a reading of the score/version of Little Women by the composer/lyricist team who were fired from that Broadway production.  Their score was absolutely delightful!  I wish that they would/could record it.  I liked, but didn't love, the Broadway score, but I thoroughly enjoyed the "original" version.

George

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »

I found that there are song samples on the site where you can get the theatrical rights to this version...Theatricalrights.com. ;D

George

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »

This concert has gotten better. Cy Coleman came out and played a suite of "Sweet Charity" songs, then introduced Randy Graff, Judy Kaye and Lillias White, who performed "Old Friend" from "The Life." And Lillias did her showstopper, "Oldest Profession." Barbara was back to sing "Vanilla Ice Cream." Karen Ziemba did a bang-up job with "Ninth Avenue, Goodbye" and now in a strange bit of casting, Lou Diamond Phillips is singing "One Night in Bangkok."

Lou Diamond Phillips was in the revival of The King and I.  I'll bet that's why. ;)

George

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »

Well, we have passed the two days of lowest posts.

George

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »

Just had to share.

George

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »

Tonight, we had a full dress rehearsal, although not everyone had all their costume pieces.  We had to start late because pictures were taken of our lead covered in plaster (well, flour and water that looks like plaster) and he left to take a shower and it took almost an hour for him to get back.  We finally got started at about 8:00 and it took a couple of hours.  We worked a few scenes and we'll have to rework the big chase scene at the end, but we got all the way through it. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »

Yes, it was the Sutton Foster version.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up