Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RARE FRITTERS  (Read 14666 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
RARE FRITTERS
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:00:58 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes frittered away, and now it is time for you to post until the frittering cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: RARE FRITTERS
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 01:02:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPRUCE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 01:59:01 AM »

Well, last night (Saturday), "A Bucket of Blood" had another good show!  The audience wasn't as big as it was on opening night (there were only about 20 or so), but they still enjoyed it.  For our two performances so far, we're doing well. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »

Yesterday, BK wrote:
I've been going and doing.  I picked up two packages, both of which contained a CD with the same music - a soundtrack we're issuing.  These two issues seem very bogus to me - and there's a third that was released here in the States - I don't know from whom these were licensed but NONE of them are from the original album masters - they're all from either LP or a mono third or fourth generation tape and sound like crap.  So, something I could have licensed years ago but didn't because of all these specious releases will, in fact, be getting the Kritzerland treatment - stereo for the first time on CD, from the original album masters - and with a bonus, too.  I can't say what that is without giving away the title, but I can say the film from whence this score comes is one of the most beloved 60s films ever, and this CD will sell out instantly.

Yesterday at work, I listened to "The Molly Maguires" and thoroughly enjoyed both versions.  I was working furiously to get my monthly bills report done, so I couldn't pay as much attention as I would've liked, but it was great.  I also love the idea of having the original discarded score being available.  I don't know if other record companies that re-release soundtracks do this, but I think it's wonderful that you do, BK. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:59 AM »

I didn't get a chance to listen to "Invasion USA/Tormented," and I left it at work, so I won't be able to listen to it at all this weekend.

George

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 02:47:04 AM »

Yesterday's Topic of the Day (favorite ALW songs) ;D:

As If We Never Said Goodbye

Buenos Aires

Don't Cry for Me Argentina

Everything's Alright

Freight

Growltiger's Last Stand

Half a Moment

Married Man from Tell Me On a Sunday/Song & Dance

Memory (I always wonder what Judi Dench would've done with the song if she'd not broken her foot and Elaine Paige taken over the roll two days before the show opened, and would Cats and "Memory" have been as big hits with her singing it)

Our Kind of Love (from The Beautiful Game, in between it being used in the original, unfinished sequel to The Phantom of the Opera and becoming the title song to the finished sequel called Love Never Dies)

Prima Donna

Tell Me on a Sunday

Unexpected Song

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

With One Look

And most of Joseph..., and many mote.

George

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »

And now, to bed..and to finally be able to sleep in!!

Good night, all! 8)

Ben

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 04:24:27 AM »

We will be spending the day on Staten Island with relatives of Anthony. We will most likely not make it home in time for Downton so we will watch it on line tomorrow.

The various PBS stations are now in fundraising mode and repeats of DA have been pushed back for 10 days.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »

Oatmeal, banana, dried cherries, cinnamon and coffee.

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 04:41:51 AM »

DR Jane we can take out dvds for three days. Or a week if they are documentaries or about real people like MONEYBALL. Although if nobody has reserved it we can renew it online.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 05:10:39 AM »

Yesterday, BK wrote:
I've been going and doing.  I picked up two packages, both of which contained a CD with the same music - a soundtrack we're issuing.  These two issues seem very bogus to me - and there's a third that was released here in the States - I don't know from whom these were licensed but NONE of them are from the original album masters - they're all from either LP or a mono third or fourth generation tape and sound like crap.  So, something I could have licensed years ago but didn't because of all these specious releases will, in fact, be getting the Kritzerland treatment - stereo for the first time on CD, from the original album masters - and with a bonus, too.  I can't say what that is without giving away the title, but I can say the film from whence this score comes is one of the most beloved 60s films ever, and this CD will sell out instantly.

Yesterday at work, I listened to "The Molly Maguires" and thoroughly enjoyed both versions.  I was working furiously to get my monthly bills report done, so I couldn't pay as much attention as I would've liked, but it was great.  I also love the idea of having the original discarded score being available.  I don't know if other record companies that re-release soundtracks do this, but I think it's wonderful that you do, BK. ;D
I agree. I have enjoyed how different both Mancini's and Strouse's versions are.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »

Wish I had an apple fritter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 05:37:48 AM »

Yesterday DR TCB wrote:

I received an e-mail from Amazon.com telling me that as a Prime Member,  I can borrow one book per month for my Kindle.  I read over all the details and the fine print, but I must confess that this portion of the rules has me baffled.

The book currently being borrowed can be read on multiple Kindle devices, as long as they are registered to the same eligible account, but cannot be read on Kindle reading apps.

Which part did you not understand?  If you have multiple kindles all registered to the same amazon account then you get all the books that account has.  But some people read on kindle apps (like kindle for pc...). You cannot read the borrowed books on those.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept late, and enjoyed every second of it. My last dream was peculiar: a tryout of a new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, on whichfor some reason I was working with my adopted son Joshie, who was painting large Chinese letters everywhere, and Sierra Boggess, whom I kept approaching about singing on a recording. I think Sir Andrew showed up once.

So, after that I figured being awake was better. I, too, would love an apple fritter.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »

"Fritter Grief"   ----- the title of my next book.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 06:28:54 AM »

Frittering away their noon time, supper time, chore time, too!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 06:30:37 AM »

Sunday.

Last week on SOUTHLAND they had a scene on a rooftop in LA.  A block or so away was a building with EASTERN on all four sides of it....and a clock.  The building looked to be from the 1930's or so.....but there was something on the very top that I could not identify?

Is this an LA landmark?  And what is setting on top of it?  Is it an airplane or something?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 06:31:35 AM »

DR TCB I believe DR JENNIFER is correct.  I have KINDLE for PC, but I do not have a actual Kindle device....so I would not be able to avail myself of this service.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »

The local natural foods emporium New Seasons has fritters that are to die for.  They also have a surprisingly tasty VEGAN pecan sticky roll that I get quite often.  It is non-VEGAN by the time I'm done with it (meaning I slather it in butter).  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 06:59:55 AM »

I find the word VEGAN inherently humorous.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 07:03:38 AM »

BK may lead the way in emptying the world's bakeries of fritters, but I lead the way in people not reading my posts, including BK.  :)  How else to explain his question in the notes as to whether the Christmas episode of DOWNTON ABBEY falls chronologically after the "end" of Season 2?  (Hint:  I've mentioned this several times.  The short answer is:  yes).

BK, prepare to laugh yourself silly on at least two occasions with Dame Maggie.

JMK

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 07:04:18 AM »

And the Christmas episode (2 hours) broadcasts tomorrow, for those that were asking--it was talked about in this morning's OREGONIAN, and let me tell you that talk was absolutely full of spoilers.  ;)

Laura

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »

Oh, I read your posts, JMK. I just usually don't understand them.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 07:09:23 AM »

I have enjoyed SEASON TWO of Downton Abbey.....which I downloaded and watched some time ago, including the Christmas episode.

I have enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS just because the former series was SO cheap in production values....even by its contemporary standards.

And my favorite moment in BOTH seasons remains Maggie Smith's comment on having electricity inside the house:

Shading her eyes with her fan:  "I feel as though I were onstage at the Gaiety."

JMK

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:14 AM »

My current guesses on the upcoming Kritzerland release involve these composers:

Michel Legrand
Manos Hadjidakis

Though I must say if it's one of those fine gentlemen, I'm a bit confused.

JMK

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »

I have enjoyed SEASON TWO of Downton Abbey.....which I downloaded and watched some time ago, including the Christmas episode.

I have enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS just because the former series was SO cheap in production values....even by its contemporary standards.

And my favorite moment in BOTH seasons remains Maggie Smith's comment on having electricity inside the house:

Shading her eyes with her fan:  "I feel as though I were onstage at the Gaiety."

Umbrage taking begins. . .now!    ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »

Yesterday's Topic of the Day (favorite ALW songs) ;D:

As If We Never Said Goodbye

Buenos Aires

Don't Cry for Me Argentina

Everything's Alright

Freight

Growltiger's Last Stand

Half a Moment

Married Man from Tell Me On a Sunday/Song & Dance

Memory (I always wonder what Judi Dench would've done with the song if she'd not broken her foot and Elaine Paige taken over the roll two days before the show opened, and would Cats and "Memory" have been as big hits with her singing it)

Our Kind of Love (from The Beautiful Game, in between it being used in the original, unfinished sequel to The Phantom of the Opera and becoming the title song to the finished sequel called Love Never Dies)

Prima Donna

Tell Me on a Sunday

Unexpected Song

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

With One Look

And most of Joseph..., and many mote.

YAY!!   DE George, I love that FREIGHT is on your list!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »

LOL....DR JMK - I have posted that quote before and no one said anything.....so if anyone calls "spoiler" I will have to say that must not have read the post from last year.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 07:41:07 AM »

Oh....and tonight starts the new cycle of The Amazing Race.   I say cycle instead of season because saying Season 20 seems to indicate that it has been on for 20 years......

Here are bios for the cast:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/

Not that it matters, but I really hate CBS putting some bores from Big Brother in with the other contestants, and I am hoping they are eliminated quickly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up