Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LONE RANGER  (Read 11533 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE LONE RANGER
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »

Speaking of that crazy music the young 'un's listen to nowadays, I am reviewing an L.A. concert by a band that actually manages to write songs with, oh, you know, melodies.  Has anyone here heard of Owl City?  Sweet little electronica band founded by a kid in his parents' basement (he did all of the first recordings himself, driving sequences from his laptop).  Go to YouTube and listen to "Fireflies."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »

Re:  Downton Abbey.  By the time Season Two ended, Betsy and I were more than happy with the overall arc of the show.  As I mentioned (lest anyone forget, LOL), I found a couple of the episodes leading up to the denouement predictable, which is not to say they weren't immensely enjoyable.  I for one am really looking forward to Shirley MacLaine next year.

BK, the man playing Lord Grantham is the inimitable Hugh Bonneville, and you would love, love, love him in the very funny LOST IN AUSTEN (hmmm. . .where did they get that title, I wonder), a miniseries about a modern day British lass who finds herself transported back into Pride and Prejudice.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »

I have been playing that lovely DOWNTON ABBEY theme on the piano as of late.  Amazing what you can do with basically two chords.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »

Today Betsy and I are doing all the prep work to take our tax information to our CPA.  It's never as bad as we think it's going to be, and yet I dread this day every year.  :)

JMK

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 07:05:10 AM »

Sometimes it actually helps to be anal retentive in keeping accurate records of everything.  ;)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 07:16:01 AM »

Hope I have time to today for the finale of "Downton Abbey." And I may have to watch "Lost in Austen" again. That was fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »

Happy Presidents' Day to Uncle Milly!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

KevinH

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 07:17:54 AM »

Greetings from Boston's Logan aiport!  My flight is at 11:00 am. It's a very nice day.  I don't think much snow fell in Washington, so it should be fine when I get there.

John G.

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »

TOD:

John Adams
Teddy
FDR
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

I also like the Simpsons Presidents Day pageant, featuring a chorus line of presidents:

I'm Taft.
I'm Tyler.
I'm Fillmore.
I'm Hayes.
I'm William Henry Harrison --
I died in 30 days.
We're the forgettable,
Occasionally regrettable
Caretaker presidents of the USA
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 07:35:36 AM »

A fun profile of Delores Hart, once an Elvis co-star and now a nun.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-classic-hollywood-20120220,0,6443380.story
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 07:54:52 AM »

Didn't Druxy rep her?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »

I have been playing that lovely DOWNTON ABBEY theme on the piano as of late.  Amazing what you can do with basically two chords.  ;)

I tend to sneak it into my "noodling" at church.  No one suspects...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »

Hurrah hurrah the country's risin'
Henry Clay and Frelinghuysen.

Steven Grover Cleveland is the Man This Country Needs!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »

I like Owl City - especially FIREFLIES....yes very nice.

I am listening to a latin CD that I am enjoying very much.  It's by some guy that I don't think has ever been mentioned here:

Astrud Gilberto

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »

DR LAURA  congratulations on the success of your event yesterday!!!

JMK

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 08:21:13 AM »

I like Owl City - especially FIREFLIES....yes very nice.

I am listening to a latin CD that I am enjoying very much.  It's by some guy that I don't think has ever been mentioned here:

Astrud Gilberto

If you think Astrud is a guy, you'd better have your eyes checked.   ;D

JMK

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 08:21:50 AM »

I tend to sneak it into my "noodling" at church.  No one suspects...

Hopefully you play for the Episcopals.  ;)

Matthew

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:47 AM »

Good morning, DR's.  I'm having an eBay issue regarding payment.  I recently won an auction for something that I'm very excited about.  When I actually pay for it, I'll share it with you.  Anyway... this has to do with shipping costs.  There was a shipping cost calculated in the total of the auction, which is fine.  However, the seller is saying it's going to cost more for shipping because they'd like to send it FedEx, which I have no problem with.  I asked him to go in and change the shipping criteria on the item because I can't change the shipping cost when using PayPal when eBay seems to have calculated it themselves, or he used the shipping calculator, or whatever.

Well, this seller is not very bright, they seem very defensive and they don't seems to want to work on this from their end.  We messaged back and forth yesterday and got no where.  I asked if he would send me his email address and I'd be happy to send the amount directly to him, that didn't happen.  Then I asked if he would just send me an invoice, but that hasn't happened either. 

This item is a find and I'm very excited (not to mention a HUGE steal!)  The seller has a 100% feedback rating which leads me to believe this hasn't happened to them before.  My first thought is to go ahead and send the payment with the amount that eBay says is correct and deal with the $20 extra dollars later.  I'd hate to lose the item because of the seller not cooperating.  Never once did I say I wouldn't pay what they asked for. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  :)

John G.

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »

Keeping cool with Coolidge!
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »

Good morning, DR's.  I'm having an eBay issue regarding payment.  I recently won an auction for something that I'm very excited about.  When I actually pay for it, I'll share it with you.  Anyway... this has to do with shipping costs.  There was a shipping cost calculated in the total of the auction, which is fine.  However, the seller is saying it's going to cost more for shipping because they'd like to send it FedEx, which I have no problem with.  I asked him to go in and change the shipping criteria on the item because I can't change the shipping cost when using PayPal when eBay seems to have calculated it themselves, or he used the shipping calculator, or whatever.

Well, this seller is not very bright, they seem very defensive and they don't seems to want to work on this from their end.  We messaged back and forth yesterday and got no where.  I asked if he would send me his email address and I'd be happy to send the amount directly to him, that didn't happen.  Then I asked if he would just send me an invoice, but that hasn't happened either. 

This item is a find and I'm very excited (not to mention a HUGE steal!)  The seller has a 100% feedback rating which leads me to believe this hasn't happened to them before.  My first thought is to go ahead and send the payment with the amount that eBay says is correct and deal with the $20 extra dollars later.  I'd hate to lose the item because of the seller not cooperating.  Never once did I say I wouldn't pay what they asked for. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  :)

Pay the amount that's due now via PayPal and then open a dispute if he won't ship.  You'll win, guaranteed.

JMK

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »

If you're a PayPal Advantage member, you can actually call them and discuss the issue AFTER you've paid.  The sellers are required to abide by the shipping costs in the auction.  I've run into this before and have always come out on top.

Matthew

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »

Thank you, JMK.  When I made the payment, the sellers email address showed up.  I went ahead and sent the balance he wanted to ship.  I'm ok with this.  Let's see what happens.

JMK

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »

Thank you, JMK.  When I made the payment, the sellers email address showed up.  I went ahead and sent the balance he wanted to ship.  I'm ok with this.  Let's see what happens.

Just save your PayPal email receipts.  You'll need them, with transaction numbers, if he doesn't ship.  And you still could make a case to get your extra $ back, they are forbidden from asking for extra monies for shipping.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »

Last week, I had my quickest eBay shipment ever.  The auction ended Sunday afternoon, I paid via PayPal that evening, and I received the item on Wednesday.  And the seller wound up paying $2.00 more on shipping than they charged me. 

I left them very good feedback.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:46 AM »

I've been using eBay since 1998.  I always thought the seller set the shipping cost.  When did that change?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »

Now and then.....some seller makes EBAY a chore.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »

Growing up Abraham Lincoln was my hero. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »

Once again NetFlix has not shipped us DOWNTON ABBEY.  Keith looked up reviews of THE HELP this morning & found numerous complaints NetFlix was taking too long to ship them the movie.

Keith liked THE HELP very much & I found it to be an excellent adaptation of the book.

Doug R

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

I see that the first artificially produced burger made from stem cells is on the way later this year. I might wait for others to try them out before I sample one. Still, if it saves having to kill animals for meat I'm all in favour.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:13:55 AM by Doug R »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up