Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT  (Read 14884 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »

Since I didn't even record the awards this year I skipped last nights posts.  I hope I didn't miss anything important not pertaining to the awards.

Everyone on DOWNTON ABBEY died of the bubonic plague, nothing real important.   :o

LOL!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:57:25 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:50 AM »

Page 3.

I won't dance, don't ask me!

Not a tango, not the Charleston, not a foxtrot or a waltz!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »

Fun things during last night's Oscar block:

Three hilarious JCP commercials with Ellen DeGeneres!

And a super-terrific tease -- produced in dramatic fashion -- for "Revenge"!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »

I'm actually wondering if the third season of DOWNTON will start in January 2013 or perhaps earlier.  Has anyone seen any definitive news?

The problem is, as I'm sure you're aware, the world ends on December 21, 2012, making viewing after that somewhat difficult.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »

I think having a SINGER during the memorial helped quell the urge to applaud.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »

I seem to remember them clapping last year during Queen Latifah, though.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »

That may have been to drown out the singing, though.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »

Cirque must have used the same rigging they provided for the production of PETER PAN I did here a few years ago--Peter was able to fly out over the audience, almost touching the second balcony at the back of the theater.  It was incredible to watch from the pit.

I remember when it was a thrill just to see Sandy Duncan soar over the front row of the orchestra. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

BBC just says Season Three will air sometime early in 2013.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »

Cirque must have used the same rigging they provided for the production of PETER PAN I did here a few years ago--Peter was able to fly out over the audience, almost touching the second balcony at the back of the theater.  It was incredible to watch from the pit.

I remember when it was a thrill just to see Sandy Duncan soar over the front row of the orchestra. 

I've been in a few shows with people I would have liked to send soaring over the front row.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »

BK:  Bource not only shook Williams' hand before taking the stage, he preceded that handshake by shaking hands with Alberto Iglesias and Howard Shore.  A very lovely gesture!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:04 AM »

I'm actually wondering if the third season of DOWNTON will start in January 2013 or perhaps earlier.  Has anyone seen any definitive news?

The problem is, as I'm sure you're aware, the world ends on December 21, 2012, making viewing after that somewhat difficult.
Why focus on such limitations? Look past these petty hindrances.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

SY

• I'm an actress, didn't you know?
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »

Hello to all my lovely fans.  I'd just like to take a moment to state on this website devoted to ME that any reports of me misbehaving last night at the awards ceremony devoted to ME are highly exaggerated.  Why they throw these awards bashes and then fail to give me an award is beyond my comprehension and I do tend to get a little upset.  Just to prove how lovely as ever I was, here's a recent pic:

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »

Season Three is currently filming (or glicing, as I originally fat-fingered.). Season Two was first broadcast last September in Great Britain.  PBS probably will delay until January so that they'll have plenty of time to make some irrational cuts to each episode.

BTW, DR JMK, is the Christmas Special on the final disc of the Season Two set?  I saw that it was being sold separately on Amazon (Region 2 only.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »

Season Three is currently filming (or glicing, as I originally fat-fingered.). Season Two was first broadcast last September in Great Britain.  PBS probably will delay until January so that they'll have plenty of time to make some irrational cuts to each episode.

BTW, DR JMK, is the Christmas Special on the final disc of the Season Two set?  I saw that it was being sold separately on Amazon (Region 2 only.)

Yes, Christmas Special is included, at least on the Blu-ray version.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:11 AM »

DR Sy, I think the reason they didn't give you an Oscar was because you were at the Emmys.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:06 AM »

DR Sy, I think the reason they didn't give you an Oscar was because you were at the Emmys.

Shhhh. . .   ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »

Yes, Christmas Special is included, at least on the Blu-ray version.

Hmmm... This is perplexing then...

-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

That looks like the UK version, Dan.  If you read the comments below, one of them states the Christmas episode is on the US version, and, having already watched it and not being quite that delusional, I can confirm it is.  :)

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's a bee-yoo-tee-ful day here in SW Ohio.  Richard and I are going to the vampire's lab for blood tests and then out to breakfast.

Did you sleep better having exercised?

I did, DR Jane, much better - thanks for asking.  I also ate better yesterday.  On Saturday I'd really only had brunch and an early dinner and, looking back, I think hunger might have been part of my problem in the middle of the night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »

Here is a photo of Nick Clooney (Rosemary's brother/George's dad) with the young woman who plays Rosemary in Dayton's production of TENDERLY:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:34 AM »

Since I didn't even record the awards this year I skipped last nights posts.  I hope I didn't miss anything important not pertaining to the awards.

Everyone on DOWNTON ABBEY died of the bubonic plague, nothing real important.   :o

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »

Well, DR SY, you get my vote for best post-show performance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

What is the big uproar about Billy Crystal doing his impression of Sammy Davis, Jr. (Not minstrelly blackface)...an impression that he has being doing since before his Saturday Night Live days.  Do people just rabidly seek out offence?  This is a rather innocuous reason for outrage...

People are upset about this?  What on earth has this world come to? 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »

Nick still looks good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »

Had a very good night's sleep in which I dreamt I was Elizabeth Taylor's last lover.  I am not kidding about this.

JMK

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »

Had a very good night's sleep in which I dreamt I was Elizabeth Taylor's last lover.  I am not kidding about this.

Was she still alive?

JMK

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »

Was Nick the host on AMC before Osborne?  I seem to remember seeing him in days of yore.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »

I have to plan a trip to Baltimore for some time next week. I'm thinking Wednesday.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Doug R!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up